Tennessee-Georgia all-star game

Indian

Top graduating seniors from North Georgia will play against girls from Chattanooga and the surrounding area in a all-star softball double-header on June 17 in Frost Stadium. The Tennessee roster has Maranda Mounce and Kelly Swafford from Sequatchie County, Sarah Boyer from Hixson, Jenny Walker, Holly Pritchett, Sissy Killien from Soddy-Daisy, Jaylane Mongar, Crystal Rice from Ooltewah, Katherine Card and Kristen Bass from Baylor, Gina Sterchi and Lindsay Bornhoeft from GPS, Ashleigh Bull from Red Bank, Jennifer Reed from Lookout Valley, Jenni Yother from Boyd-Buchanan, Michelle Davis and Tiffany Jenkins from Central, Megan Elliot from East Ridge, Adrienne Lively from Bradley Central. 5 good pitchers but 4 of them play other positions and two games will be held so that shouldn't be a problem. I expect most all or maybe even all of these players to sign at some level before too much longer, quite a few signed early. Some names might seem to be missing but some of the top players around Chattanooga are juniors and sophomores.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know. Probably the players the coach remembers most from summer and school play were his choices. It's definitely Chattanooga-heavy with only three out-of-county players (and Lively, Swafford and Mounce are well-known from summer play in Chattanooga). An argument could be made for other seniors naturally but the cut-off had to be somewhere..I think I may know the players you wish made it but I would just tell them if they're disappointed to go and play well in college and let the organizers know they made a mistake back in '02. (I'm assuming the coach made the picks but that's not 100 percent certain).

I didn't name the game, but that's what it's going to be called. Why don't your teams set up something like that and you can call it whatever you want. I think I wrote in the first line it was players from North Georgia-Chattanooga. If I'd said no players from Giles, Brentwood Academy, Coffee, wherever could break the starting line-up on it or some similar ridiculous comment you would have a good complaint. Call Clifford Kirk at Soddy-Daisy High School, if you want the name of the game changed to Chattanooga-North Georgia, I'm sure he'd take it under consideration. And it's pretty tacky downing players like that (the second post). I think it's a great group of seniors for an area that's not too big and has few large schools.

[Edited by Indian on 5/14/02 6:40P]

[Edited by Indian on 5/14/02 6:42P]

Calm down, Indian. All I was saying was the truth. The roster you listed would not be consider the Tennessee All-star squad. It's not downing the players, it's just a fact. I'm sure all those girls can play, they just aren't the best of the best. Man, someone got all bent out of shape for no reason...

• 3 weeks later...