La vergne baseball

yeah2chea

all the talk about lavergne being weak this year....i wouldnt jump to any conclusions yet..they beat some exceptional teams this preseason.they got handled by riverdale but riverdale had a couple of games under there belt and it was lavergnes first time on the field...practice included..they won 7 tied against tullahoma and lost 2..not to bad.what does everyone else think??

no doubt about lavergnes district being tough but lavergne has the ingredients to be tough as well.in baseball you need three things.hitting,pitching,and defense.lavergne just doesnt have one valuable pitcher.they have about 4 good starting pitchers.... all seniors.and depth in relief.just about everybody on their team can swing a stick and their defense just about played error free throughout the preseason.but they will have problems somewhat with mj smyrna and beech but i believe theylll finish atleast top 3 in the district.

QUOTE(divingcatch14 @ Mar 12 2007 - 07:12 PM) 826409423[/snapback]lavergne always produces a solid team, but i dont see them in the top 3 in the district. In my opinion they will be #4 behind beech, mj, and smryna.

I agree La Vergne has always produced a solid team, but the competition in 9AAA is stiff my guess is they finish in the middle of the pack. Beech, MJ, and Smyrna will fight to be the frontrunner of 9AAA

• 3 weeks later...

I played for LaVergne and keep up with them very well. That being said, there is no way that they are in the top 3 of this district. Their best pitcher from last year (Harrington) is gone. Their best all around player (Hulsey, Catcher) is gone. They don't stand a chance against Smyrna, MJ, or Beech. And if I know the coach he will throw his guns at those teams in an attempt to win. Then he will play a down team like WC or Gallatin and not have any pitchers left. He used to do that stuff when he was at Smyrna many years ago. The problem is that LaVergne has 4 decent starters. This is true, but none of those four are better than the top 2 at Beech, Smyrna, and MJ. If Lavergne goes .500 in the district that will be a solid year considering they will be lucky to go 1-5 against Smyrna, MJ, and Beech. I am a wolverine through and through, but I just have to be honest. And LaVergne does not have nearly the best coach in the state. They used to, but he is gone now.