Roane County Play Day

SBALL712

Watch some of the teams play. Kingston played three games. Kingston 13 Lenior City 1, Kingston3 Oliver Springs 3, Kingston 4 Rockwood 3. This was with Kingston JV in half of the games. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have to say I give it to Grace Christian for trying their hardest and this being their 1st year having a team and them coming down to compete with the likes of Rockwood, Oakdale, Oliver Springs and Midway who are 4 very hard teams to compete with. That was a very close game between Rockwood and Oakdale, if they would have gotten to play longer it would have gotten really interesting. They beat Lenior City 15-1 with the Smith girl pitching and also beat Grace Christian. Grayson later was showed during the Rockwood & Midway game, Oliver Springs' Hall was very impressive in the tournament. I wouldn't be suprised if either team went to state this year in single A ball. Rockwood was another very impressive team in the tourney. Midway, Grace, Lenior, and Kingston didn't really impress me.

QUOTE(crazyblueman12 @ Mar 11 2007 - 01:51 PM) 826408156[/snapback]I will have to say I give it to Grace Christian for trying their hardest and this being their 1st year having a team and them coming down to compete with the likes of Rockwood, Oakdale, Oliver Springs and Midway who are 4 very hard teams to compete with. That was a very close game between Rockwood and Oakdale, if they would have gotten to play longer it would have gotten really interesting. They beat Lenior City 15-1 with the Smith girl pitching and also beat Grace Christian. Grayson later was showed during the Rockwood & Midway game, Oliver Springs' Hall was very impressive in the tournament. I wouldn't be suprised if either team went to state this year in single A ball. Rockwood was another very impressive team in the tourney. Midway, Grace, Lenior, and Kingston didn't really impress me.

Did Oakdale play Midway??? What was the score???

yes and im not sure of what the score was, they didn't even try to win they mostly played their what little JV they have. Grayson was not throwing the heat as she was against Rockwood. They were using the Midway and Rockwood game as practice games to get ready for Rockwood again this upcoming tuesday evening. Of course Oakdale is not going to show what all they have in a pre-season tourney that would be stupid. I also seen them play this past fall in the Powell tourny where they place in the upper half of 14 TRAVEL teams. I'd say Oakdale will be getting their 1st state title this upcoming season if Senior pitcher Jessica Grayson has anything to say about it.

GO GET EM BIG RED

Oakdale has a lot of potential, I have seen a lot of posts on them about their team bonding and yes if your team can't play as a team then your not going win ball games. I enjoyed watching them this weekend, they look like they are having the time of their lifes out there laughing and having fun and that is what its about. You can't go out there all serious you will get to frustrated. And I'm sorry but for the teams that have these "home run" hitters that jack it over the fence need to stop getting so cocky. I heard atleast two teams I'm not going to mention their names but smarted off saying if she pitches it to me I will jack it again. I mean have some respect yeah you got a lucky hit. I give my best to Oakdale, they deserve it they have so much respect for other teams, I mean I even heard some of them say good homer to some of the players who hit good or a good hit, and they were very polite if they ran into somebody they said sorry. So go get them red like crazyblueman12 just said. We're ALL pulling for you!!

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> My goodness people it was just a playday. I've learned to never count Midway or Kingston out just as soon as you do it will bite you in the butt. As for Oakdale I thought they looked good and played hard. Rockwood well they can still hit and the freshman pitcher looks good. OZ will be in the thick of things good pitching and the defense will come around. How many players did OZ have @ state for B ball? As far as LC and Grace those girs will grow alot this year and I hope they stick with it.

Now the real season starts good luck to all

I want to thank everyone for coming out to the Roane County PlayDay, and yes, calm down everyone, the season is just getting started. I would like to thank especially the very helpful and nice lady from Grace Christian who helped Hannah. I don't have her name. I give Grace credit for coming out and giving it their all, they never stopped doing that, and that is great ball in my eyes whether you will or lose. They were a very nice bunch of fans!!! They set the example for how we all should act. Good luck to all the teams involved in Single A this year, it is going to be another nailbiter season!!

The only bad thing that i did see wrong with the Oliver Springs team is that most people are felling like Kim Hall has to do it all herself. I know it's about being a team but when some teamates don't try it's hard for a pitcher like her to get anything goin. Im sure that they will fix any problems that they had in the Roane County Play Day as you said it is just practice but everyone need to try and not just rely on Kim to get Every strike out. Good Luck to all.

Oakdale plays Rockwood tomorrow...Any thoughts??

QUOTE(TNsoftball2354 @ Mar 11 2007 - 08:12 PM) 826408422[/snapback]Oakdale has a lot of potential, I have seen a lot of posts on them about their team bonding and yes if your team can't play as a team then your not going win ball games. I enjoyed watching them this weekend, they look like they are having the time of their lifes out there laughing and having fun and that is what its about. You can't go out there all serious you will get to frustrated. And I'm sorry but for the teams that have these "home run" hitters that jack it over the fence need to stop getting so cocky. I heard atleast two teams I'm not going to mention their names but smarted off saying if she pitches it to me I will jack it again. I mean have some respect yeah you got a lucky hit. I give my best to Oakdale, they deserve it they have so much respect for other teams, I mean I even heard some of them say good homer to some of the players who hit good or a good hit, and they were very polite if they ran into somebody they said sorry. So go get them red like crazyblueman12 just said. We're ALL pulling for you!!

I know of one girl from Rockwood that hit two home runs at this play day and she did not show any cockiness in any way. I know this girl and I know how she plays, my daughter and her have played on the same team at one point and she has the respect for the other team as it is showed to her by them. I wouldnt doubt that she got excited after her hits but that should not get confused with cockiness. I do not know who the other team is but I do know that there were only two teams that had someone hit it over so I cannot say anything for them.

QUOTE(BrightTigers @ Mar 12 2007 - 05:33 PM) 826409436[/snapback]The only bad thing that i did see wrong with the Oliver Springs team is that most people are felling like Kim Hall has to do it all herself. I know it's about being a team but when some teamates don't try it's hard for a pitcher like her to get anything goin. Im sure that they will fix any problems that they had in the Roane County Play Day as you said it is just practice but everyone need to try and not just rely on Kim to get Every strike out. Good Luck to all.

Oakdale plays Rockwood tomorrow...Any thoughts??

BrightTigers.... You do not have to worry or feel sorry for anybody for that matter from Oliver Springs!!! Oliver Springs's girls will take care of business!!

So... lets talk about that Rockwood score??

Rockwood-12

Oakdale-0

Rockwood had very good hitting, almost all up the middle and to the outfield, and a strong defense. Oakdale has a little more work to do in the fielding area, not saying anything bad, but the errors made were basic errors that anyone could make but should not. Grayson didnt do bad pitching but Rockwood was just on a hitting streak. Good Luck to all teams this season!

QUOTE(crazyblueman12 @ Mar 11 2007 - 07:03 PM) 826408413[/snapback]yes and im not sure of what the score was, they didn't even try to win they mostly played their what little JV they have. Grayson was not throwing the heat as she was against Rockwood. They were using the Midway and Rockwood game as practice games to get ready for Rockwood again this upcoming tuesday evening. Of course Oakdale is not going to show what all they have in a pre-season tourney that would be stupid. I also seen them play this past fall in the Powell tourny where they place in the upper half of 14 TRAVEL teams. I'd say Oakdale will be getting their 1st state title this upcoming season if Senior pitcher Jessica Grayson has anything to say about it.

GO GET EM BIG RED

Yea i think so 2, what was the score of there game last night.