Marshall County Tigerettes

Rockets3214

Just wanted to say congrates to the MC Tigerettes! They are such a young team and should not feel like they let people down. You came home with a BALL! A SILVER BALL! No shame in that. For 2 years now a BALL has been brought home to Marshall County and we are so very proud of that.

So you had a bad 1st half, you gave them a run in the second and you NEVER gave up! Be proud of what you accomplished and come back again next year! Just think of how it would be to have a BALL in A & AA to come home to Marshall County!!

We love you!

WAY TO GO COACH STEELY & COACH WEST!! "HONEY HUSH"

QUOTE(Rockets3214 @ Mar 12 2007 - 09:59 AM) 826408825[/snapback]Just wanted to say congrates to the MC Tigerettes! They are such a young team and should not feel like they let people down. You came home with a BALL! A SILVER BALL! No shame in that. For 2 years now a BALL has been brought home to Marshall County and we are so very proud of that.

So you had a bad 1st half, you gave them a run in the second and you NEVER gave up! Be proud of what you accomplished and come back again next year! Just think of how it would be to have a BALL in A & AA to come home to Marshall County!!

We love you!

I was very impressed with Marshall considering how they fought back. Most young teams get down like that and they don't fight back. Well, this Seniorless team didn't play like a young team in the second half. It shows that their coaches don't have a quitter mentality either. Great job coaches keeping those girls playing and great job team. AA should be really concerned about this young team being a force for the next few years.

QUOTE(coachgat @ Mar 12 2007 - 10:09 AM) 826408838[/snapback]I was very impressed with Marshall considering how they fought back. Most young teams get down like that and they don't fight back. Well, this Seniorless team didn't play like a young team in the second half. It shows that their coaches don't have a quitter mentality either. Great job coaches keeping those girls playing and great job team. AA should be really concerned about this young team being a force for the next few years.

No doubt coach!

QUOTE(Rockets3214 @ Mar 12 2007 - 09:59 AM) 826408825[/snapback]Just wanted to say congrates to the MC Tigerettes! They are such a young team and should not feel like they let people down. You came home with a BALL! A SILVER BALL! No shame in that. For 2 years now a BALL has been brought home to Marshall County and we are so very proud of that.

We love you!

When did the other ball come?

As to the inquiry about the "other ball". The Forrest Lady Rockets won the A State Title last year. The MCHS Tigerettes won the State Title in 1972, 1976, and 1980. In 1976 and 1980, Don Steely, father of present MCHS coach David Steely, was coaching. This young team consisting of 3 juniors, 5 sophomores, and 5 freshmen is the first team since 1980 to make it to the state finals. MCHS has been to the state 19 times. WE ARE SO PROUD YOU HAVE FOLLOWED THE TIGERETTE TRADITION.

David Steely's older brother, Ray Steely, took the MCHS boys to the state tournament three times during his coaching career, the only times the boys have gone. In 2002 they also were runner up in the state finals, which placed another ball in the MCHS gym trophy case.

Lady Rockets we know you are young too and bring a great team back. Congratulations on going to the state this year and we will be looking for you next year.

To my ladies, the Marshall County Tigerettes, Congratulations for a job well done!!!!!! The gold ball was pretty but the silver ball was an accomplishment that no one expected you to get! We as Tigerette Fans are very proud of each of you. You have shown what class is truly about and you exemplified yourselves as true ladies on and off the court. You have shown time and time, the don't give up attitude, because after the first quarter you could have fallen apart but you didn't. For that you are to be commended.

We still believe that you are one of the best Teams in Tennessee, although you don't get all the credit that you deserve. Always remember that to be the best, you have to edure pain, sweat, sacrifice and have the I CAN attitude. This has been an unbelievable season, one that we the fans, will always remember and hold close to our hearts. It was the ride of a lifetime and we LOVED IT! You got to dance at the ball and you danced quite well. Your silver shoes are beautiful, hopefully next year, we'll have a gold pair to go with them!

We love you and we'll aways have that TIGERETTE PRIDE!!!!!!!!! KEEP YOUR HEADS UP, THE BEST IS YET TO COME /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(player4life @ Mar 12 2007 - 01:01 PM) 826409157[/snapback]To my ladies, the Marshall County Tigerettes, Congratulations for a job well done!!!!!! The gold ball was pretty but the silver ball was an accomplishment that no one expected you to get! We as Tigerette Fans are very proud of each of you. You have shown what class is truly about and you exemplified yourselves as true ladies on and off the court. You have shown time and time, the don't give up attitude, because after the first quarter you could have fallen apart but you didn't. For that you are to be commended.

We still believe that you are one of the best Teams in Tennessee, although you don't get all the credit that you deserve. Always remember that to be the best, you have to edure pain, sweat, sacrifice and have the I CAN attitude. This has been an unbelievable season, one that we the fans, will always remember and hold close to our hearts. It was the ride of a lifetime and we LOVED IT! You got to dance at the ball and you danced quite well. Your silver shoes are beautiful, hopefully next year, we'll have a gold pair to go with them!

We love you and we'll aways have that TIGERETTE PRIDE!!!!!!!!! KEEP YOUR HEADS UP, THE BEST IS YET TO COME /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Beautifully written. Lovely choice of words and I am so glad that I got this started and glad of ALL the POSITIVE comments! See you next year Tigerettes! Love you all

QUOTE(coachmom @ Mar 12 2007 - 12:31 PM) 826409133[/snapback]As to the inquiry about the "other ball". The Forrest Lady Rockets won the A State Title last year. The MCHS Tigerettes won the State Title in 1972, 1976, and 1980. In 1976 and 1980, Don Steely, father of present MCHS coach David Steely, was coaching. This young team consisting of 3 juniors, 5 sophomores, and 5 freshmen is the first team since 1980 to make it to the state finals. MCHS has been to the state 19 times. WE ARE SO PROUD YOU HAVE FOLLOWED THE TIGERETTE TRADITION.

David Steely's older brother, Ray Steely, took the MCHS boys to the state tournament three times during his coaching career, the only times the boys have gone. In 2002 they also were runner up in the state finals, which placed another ball in the MCHS gym trophy case.

Lady Rockets we know you are young too and bring a great team back. Congratulations on going to the state this year and we will be looking for you next year.

Thank you for the FORREST A STATE TITLE reminder! Even though we are a different Class, we are ALL still MARSHALL COUNTY! I am proud of that and of the Tigerettes! Glad to have started this for you guys and hope nothing but the best for many years to come!

QUOTE(Rockets3214 @ Mar 12 2007 - 04:31 PM) 826409320[/snapback]Beautifully written. Lovely choice of words and I am so glad that I got this started and glad of ALL the POSITIVE comments! See you next year Tigerettes! Love you all

As an avid A-E ROADRUNNER follower I too want to congratulate MARSHALL CO. on the the way they stayed focues and never gave up. Two years ago we came home with the SILVER and as has been stated that's nothing to be ashamed of. As a Coach of AAU basketball , I watch basketball games from two aspects and had it not been for that 1st quarter I think we would have been in trouble. To your FANS , who I though were the best , you showed what a true fan base is all about.Not once did you give up on your team and even when they hit the free throw for their 1st point you all cheered as loud as ever and I know as a player that felt good.I hope to see you guy's next year in the same game for I think you both want and deserve another shot at us.Keep up the hard work and see you in MARCH '08.

QUOTE(Jerome @ Mar 12 2007 - 04:05 PM) 826409348[/snapback]As an avid A-E ROADRUNNER follower I too want to congratulate MARSHALL CO. on the the way they stayed focues and never gave up. Two years ago we came home with the SILVER and as has been stated that's nothing to be ashamed of. As a Coach of AAU basketball , I watch basketball games from two aspects and had it not been for that 1st quarter I think we would have been in trouble. To your FANS , who I though were the best , you showed what a true fan base is all about.Not once did you give up on your team and even when they hit the free throw for their 1st point you all cheered as loud as ever and I know as a player that felt good.I hope to see you guy's next year in the same game for I think you both want and deserve another shot at us.Keep up the hard work and see you in MARCH '08.

Congrats to Marshall as well, A-E had a great team last year and most people forgot about them being in the mix this year. You (marshall) have a great team and next year will be another chance to get the gold ball. Every other team in AA would be content with a silver ball right now. So enjoy the summer and good luck next year.