Sequatchie over Whitwell

Indian

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Indian @ Mar 12 2007 - 07:12 PM) 826409480[/snapback]8-3 win. Whitwell hurt themselves with 3 errors in the first inning. Sequatchie led 5-3 after 1, scored one more in the third and two in the sixth. Sequatchie used two pitchers, allowed four hits and just one after the first inning, Seq had 11 hits, 1 error.

A nice start to the season, good luck to the Lady Indians at the Commando Classic this week.

Sequatchie County 8

Whitwell 3

Sequatchie 8-11-1

Whitwell 3-4-3

Sequatchie: 5-0-1-0-0-2-0 =8

Whitwell: 3-0-0-0-0-0-0 =3

WP-Lori Griswold (SC) 4 IP, 3 hits, 3K

LP-Brittany Defur (W)

Save: Courtney Dawson (SC) 3 IP, 1 hit, 4 K

2B: Shonda Barnett (W); Chelsey Tabor, Chelsea Burgess (2), (SC)

HR: Katie Easterly (W), Brittany Cooley (SC)

HIghlights: Tabor 2-4, Cooley 2-3, 2 RBI, Burgess 2-4, Ashley Yell 2-4 (SC)

Records: Sequatchie 1-0, Whitwell 0-1

QUOTE(Condra69 @ Mar 12 2007 - 11:02 PM) 826409771[/snapback]Not taking anything away from dunlap cause they played a heck of a game but i havent figured out why Whitwell started there number two or three pitcher tonight, defense just didnt seem to have the confidence in her and there play suffered from the lack of confidence

lack of confidence from defense in the pitcher?? either you catch the ball or you dont! thats one of the most bone head statements ive ever hear.....the ball is coming at me i dont have confidence in the pitcher gee i think ill drop it......who gave up the home run to sequatchie the other pitcher or the ace....cant have confidence in the number one if the ball is flying over the fence

Two. The first one pitched to five batters in the first inning, three runs scored and two were earned, Seq judged one hitter made it to first before a throw went over the top of the first baseman's glove, that error after a hit got her to third. A double was really the only hard hit she allowed, two were slaps/bunts. The next pitcher got all three outs of the first but not before another error caused two unearned runs. Seq's last three runs were earned. The second pitcher did well overall, struck out 8 but Seq did get 8 hits off of her, three walked and one was hit by a pitch, not counting a few fielder's choice reaches like I said. I'm not second guessing who should have started, it's not my decision anyway, just saying what went on.

QUOTE(SeqValleyFan @ Mar 13 2007 - 12:59 AM) 826409836[/snapback]lack of confidence from defense in the pitcher?? either you catch the ball or you dont! thats one of the most bone head statements ive ever hear.....the ball is coming at me i dont have confidence in the pitcher gee i think ill drop it......who gave up the home run to sequatchie the other pitcher or the ace....cant have confidence in the number one if the ball is flying over the fence

lol, bonehead statement??? Try going out there with questions in your head, when your not totally focused your play shows, ask any athlete. Yea the kid hit a good shot off her, i said dunlap had a heck of a game and they deserved to win. I just think the game would have been a whole lot better if whitwell would have started there number one pitcher and may not have started the game off 5-0. Hard deficit to come back from.

QUOTE(Condra69 @ Mar 13 2007 - 02:27 PM) 826410458[/snapback]lol, bonehead statement??? Try going out there with questions in your head, when your not totally focused your play shows, ask any athlete. Yea the kid hit a good shot off her, i said dunlap had a heck of a game and they deserved to win. I just think the game would have been a whole lot better if whitwell would have started there number one pitcher and may not have started the game off 5-0. Hard deficit to come back from.

Well Condra 69, this is Whitwells number 2 pitcher and i appreciate the way you blame the game on me. But thanks alot buddy!!! i love the confidence in me!! that can only make my game better hearing comments like that please keep it up!! by buddy!! Thanks a bunch!!!!