Catholic vs. Kingston

caksoccer

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(caksoccer @ Mar 13 2007 - 07:50 PM) 826410608[/snapback]I believe the game is at 7:00 at Kingston. Any thoughts on this one?

hmmmmmmm, I think this will be a good match, but catholic will take it in the end. If kingston is clicking it could end up interesting. Especially this early when everyone is sorting things out.

QUOTE(mjuhb @ Mar 13 2007 - 10:39 PM) 826410891[/snapback]i feel sorry for kingston because in a 4 day period they have catholic, bearden, father ryan, shelbyville and independence

wow it looks like they are going to have a very tough week comming up

Anyone in the Independence Invitational faces a tough schedule. The tournament is a high caliber event... You have Bearden, Father Ryan, Kingston, Independence and Shelbyville. Four of those teams are in the top 25 of previous Tennessee rankings. Of course we all already know that Bearden was last year’s number one and this year’s current hot topic. But add in the talent of Father Ryan and the youth and uncertain ability of Independence, who knows what will happen...

QUOTE(BigG @ Mar 15 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826413447[/snapback]Not quite what I expected.

wow, that is a major suprise, my hats off to catholic who must have been playing extremely well. Kingston should keep their heads up, I think they are a better team than this score indicates, taking nothing away from Catholic, but I never saw this score coming. Good luck to both teams this year.

I am extremely surprised by the score because Kingston seldom, if ever, fails to have a solid eleven. Are the holes that large or is Catholic all that and a cup of tea? Anyone willing to offer their perspective of these two clubs? I've been hearing for some time now that KC is legit, but Kingston supposedly got outplayed in the pre-season against Alcoa? Hope both teams came away without any significant injuries last night.

Kaz

QUOTE(kazam37 @ Mar 16 2007 - 10:44 AM) 826414030[/snapback]...or is Catholic all that and a cup of tea? Kaz

Hey Kaz,

Sadly, I didn't get to stand in the pouring rain to watch this one, but I have seen the Irish play this year. The team is very young but quite sound. Several younger players have really stepped up to fill the holes left by last year's graduation and the team's chemistry seems to be very good under new head coach (former assistant coach) Leader and new assistant coach (former head coach) Rosenblad.

I got the impression that last night's game was real sloppy and just got away from Kingston, as games sometimes do. The Irish led at the half 3-1. They then hit 6 unaswered goals in the 2nd half. As I understand it, neither team took many shots, but Catholic's kept finding the net. It happens.

It is way too early in the season to write off a team. Kingston is almost always an aggressive, well coached side. In that same vein, it is way too early to think that Catholic "is all that and a cup of tea." We'll find out a lot more about the Irish when they travel to Bearden for their next match.