Madison and McNairy

mustangs2006

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Laydown @ Mar 14 2007 - 12:12 PM) 826411495[/snapback]That happens to every team eventually, we were suprised tuesday when Ripley scored first and went 1 up, but we dug in and won 7-1, you guys'll bounce back.

I'll give McNairy credit where credit is due... they won... on a controversial goal, because it was a 1 vs 1 and our defender was shielding the ball, Mcnairy player grabs his jersey and pulls him back and the ref. says play on and they score. Bad call, but it happens. You may look at madison and say "oh they must not be good at all this year after losing so many seniors," but 1 of their captains was sitting out on suspension for swearing LAST YEAR!!... what a joke... o well he will be back tomorrow and i think chester county are just as strong as McNairy, so we will see if madison is boosted by the return of their captain...

The word around is that Captain was swearing at the officials and his coach after the region game with Dyersburg LAST Year. Rules are at the end of a game, last game of the season, red card means you carry it over to the next season. I look at Madison maybe winning 5 games at the most this year. Chester Co has nothing. Never has, never will. We beat them year in and year out. Don't judge how good you are after the beating you will give them on Thurs. Haywood and Sheffield will come out of that region. Go ahead and make plans. So, the swearing Jr. captain will play Thurs? See you in the season 19

QUOTE(doc19 @ Mar 14 2007 - 08:13 PM) 826412002[/snapback]The word around is that Captain was swearing at the officials and his coach after the region game with Dyersburg LAST Year. Rules are at the end of a game, last game of the season, red card means you carry it over to the next season. I look at Madison maybe winning 5 games at the most this year. Chester Co has nothing. Never has, never will. We beat them year in and year out. Don't judge how good you are after the beating you will give them on Thurs. Haywood and Sheffield will come out of that region. Go ahead and make plans. So, the swearing Jr. captain will play Thurs? See you in the season 19

The source of information you received was false... What happened was there was a misunderstanding between the player and coach and the player used 1 cuss word and no more... that is all that was reported to TSSAA he was not even red carded either. It was the decision of the principal to suspend him... and madison will win at least 10 games this season... madison tied sheffield 0-0 in the jamboree with only 14 players and missing their captain during the jamboree also and did quite well they lost 2 and tied one, but they were all tough games... so i think madison can play this year believe it or not...

I think we learned our lesson last year on underestimating teams, its way to early to count anyone out. Madison has as good of a chance of advancing as haywood or sheffield. Haywood only beat milan 4-1 and we beat them 2-0 with some reserves in a 40 min game, and madison tied sheffield already. One game doesn't reflect how a team will do the rest of the season. A lot of people counted us out last year when we lost to USJ 3-1, but we made it to state semis

QUOTE(madisonLB @ Mar 14 2007 - 06:50 PM) 826411903[/snapback]I'll give McNairy credit where credit is due... they won... on a controversial goal, because it was a 1 vs 1 and our defender was shielding the ball, Mcnairy player grabs his jersey and pulls him back and the ref. says play on and they score. Bad call, but it happens. You may look at madison and say "oh they must not be good at all this year after losing so many seniors," but 1 of their captains was sitting out on suspension for swearing LAST YEAR!!... what a joke... o well he will be back tomorrow and i think chester county are just as strong as McNairy, so we will see if madison is boosted by the return of their captain...

McNairy Central came out and played aggressive the entire game resulting in a win. The controversial "winning" goal was scored by putting pressure on a defender and stealing the ball close to the goal, there was no grabbing of any jersey and such. Shielding the ball infront of the goal isn't such a great idea anyways, plus the ball was bouncing. The Refs called the game fairly, McNairy recieving around 5 freekicks (none close enough to shoot and most on our half) and madison getting around 20 freekicks (most of them were close enough for them to shoot or cross). One player cannot make a team that much better. McNairy was also missing one of their starters (exchange student from Germany). so both teams were a man down, making it an even game. Don't rule out McNairy yet.

not saying your exchange student from germany is bad, but this is not any average player... he brings a whole different dynamic to the game... just wait and watch the result from the rest of the season while he is playing... you will see a change... and there was a grabbing of the shirt... the blind man sitting in the stands saw it... it was obvious... his jersey does not all the sudden turn into a cape... good win for you guys though... wont happen again though... guarenteed... madison wont have any more slip ups now that they have all their players returning...

they didnt out hustle madison by anymeans... they hardly had any shots or crosses... almost nothing was dangerous then they get a foul on us on a fast break thats not called and they get a tap in... they work hard, but a very beatable team... i'd compare them to a covington like side...