IF YOU COULD SEE ANY 2 TEAMS PLAY WHO WOULD THEY BE AND WHY

(.)(.)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mjuhb @ Mar 15 2007 - 11:57 AM) 826412909[/snapback]i don't know for sure but i believe they might meet in the 1st game

MJ, do you know what the brackets look like for the state tournament?

On the subject I would like to see CBHS and Hendersonville, just because I don't get a chance to see them play.

QUOTE(Soccer Gypsy @ Mar 15 2007 - 12:14 PM) 826412929[/snapback]MJ, do you know what the brackets look like for the state tournament?

On the subject I would like to see CBHS and Hendersonville, just because I don't get a chance to see them play.

no i don't have them

but know standard tssaa bracket basicially has all the strong regions on 1 side

hendersonville vs region 4

farragut vs houston

bearden vs region 3

brentwood vs region 8 runner-up

thats just what i was thinking but it also might be brentwood/farragut, hendersonville/farragut, brentwood/houston, bearden/houston or bearden/hendersonville

QUOTE((.)(.) @ Mar 14 2007 - 07:00 PM) 826411917[/snapback]IF YOU COULD SEE ANY 2 HIGH SCHOOL TEAMS IN THE STATE PLAY WHO WOULD THEY BE AND WHY

Hendersonville and Brentwood...I hear this is a war!!!

Catholic and CAK- I say this because this game and the Bearden-Farragut game are on the same day at the same time- and I am going to the Farragut-Bearden game. I hate that I have to miss the CAK vs Catholic game.

BGA vs CBHS- I would like to see this game with better refs.

QUOTE(SoccerDUDE99 @ Mar 16 2007 - 10:01 PM) 826414749[/snapback]Better refs??? were u at the game??

Yes I was!! I watched all of the Championship games. I saw a Catholic team out-play CAK but couldn't find the net. (Sorry Big G!!) Then I watched CBHS and BGA- there were some of the worst calls I have seen in a game at that level. I know this will meet with all kinds of talk about refs, so I'm sorry. However, an ejection of a player late in the game for little or nothing was a bad decision in my opinion. I will admit that I was in the stands and the refs are much closer and have a better feel for what is happening on the field- but there were much worse fouls thoughout the game that were not called. Is it tough being a ref....Anyone who has ever tried it, knows that it is. Still, I think that was a poorly called game. The other 2 I thought were really, really well done! Maybe it was a bad day, maybe I missed all kinds of things, but unlike other people, who have piped in about not complaining about refs (maybe they should continue watching their baseball games) missing IMPORTANT calls in soccer can change the entire game. Is that part of soccer- you bet it is. That does not mean that I, as a fan, have to like it!! I couldn't stand it as a coach. I would like to think that I rarely, if ever complained about a judgement call. As a fan I am a lot more critical!! That's because I can be, and it doesn't hurt a team I am affiliated with!!

So, if you don't want to hear about poor ref's, stay with basketball, or if your fat and can't run for more than 2 minutes- play baseball. I love football, (the kind wear you wear a helmet and shoulder pads) so I won't rag on them! But if you are a soccer fan, complaining about a ref is a way of life. When there are great ref's, I love to mention that part also. I think I will start a subject on that!!

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Mar 17 2007 - 02:40 PM) 826415467[/snapback]Yes I was!! I watched all of the Championship games. I saw a Catholic team out-play CAK but couldn't find the net. (Sorry Big G!!)

/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Yeah, that second half sure was a tough one. It was also like 110 degrees outside, too!

With the whole ref thing... Sure, I complain about bad calls (who doesn't) but I think harping on them over and over and over just gets like a broken record. It happens every year, and I am sure will continue. So we will roll with it, and hopefully get some good soccer in between the calls!!