Scott Highlanders

HIGHLANDERS#1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the experience they have back the highlanders are set to compete this season. Some have said that this is one of the best looking highlander teams in years. Some polls have them picked to 8-2 on the regular season with losses to fulton and austin-east, but if you ask me they just need to take it one game at a time and try to go 1-0 ten weeks straight.

QUOTE(goat11 @ Mar 16 2007 - 06:59 AM) 826413908[/snapback]with the experience they have back the highlanders are set to compete this season. Some have said that this is one of the best looking highlander teams in years. Some polls have them picked to 8-2 on the regular season with losses to fulton and austin-east, but if you ask me they just need to take it one game at a time and try to go 1-0 ten weeks straight.

WELL SHS DOES HAVE A LOT OF EXPERIENCED PLAYERS COMING BACK,BUT THEY HAVE TO FINE A QB TO REPLACE TERRY AND THAT WILL BE HARD TO DO. YES SHS IS WORKING HARD IN THE WEIGHT ROOM AS IS ALL FOOTBALL PROGRAMS. THIS COULD BE A GOOD SEASON FOR THE HIGHLANDERS , BUT IN THIS REGION EVERYONE IS GOOD SO 8-2 NOT SURE ABOUT THAT. THE CHANCE FOR A GOOD SEASON IS THERE IF THE KIDS KEEPS WORKING HARD.

Scott High is missin the key to a football team the quarterback.....they lost the only qb they even had last year. I know they got a some transfer kid but i hear that he aint as good as is hype is talked up. I will give shs this i expect them to do more than they have the last several years, but in the region they play in the teams they play might have lost alot but the teams they play also will be bringing people back and bringing people up that had to go against Harrison Smith and Dennis Rogan and Anthony Anderson everyday in practice. So im sure that Catholic, Fulton, AE, AC, and Kingston will all be tough games, and i dont even know if anybody knows what Stone Memorial has. So dont say that they will win 7 to 8 games, cuz at most with the schedule they have i think they'll go 6-4, but i think they will make the playoffs this upcoming season. They will beat wartburg, taft, stone, gibbs, livingston, and AC or Kingston, i dont see them beating Catholic, Fulton, AE. I think that AC and Kingston will be there games that decide what Shs does. It'll decide if they go 5-5, 6-4, 7-3....if they win both Scott will have one of the best seasons they've had in a while, but i expect them to split..probably beat kingston and lose to ac.

QUOTE(goat11 @ Mar 16 2007 - 06:59 AM) 826413908[/snapback]with the experience they have back the highlanders are set to compete this season. Some have said that this is one of the best looking highlander teams in years. Some polls have them picked to 8-2 on the regular season with losses to fulton and austin-east, but if you ask me they just need to take it one game at a time and try to go 1-0 ten weeks straight.

goat11.

Have not seen any polls yet, but would enjoy knowing which ones you are talking about. Thanks.

QUOTE(killtacular @ Mar 16 2007 - 10:44 AM) 826414029[/snapback]Who are all the starters from last year coming back and who for scott will step up and fill in one the former starters spot. Also who do you all think will make an impact for scott this upcoming year and decide how good they do...who are their leaders, basically.

Key starters returning this season are Josey Chambers, Steven Kries, Josh Jeffers, and Jared Sexton. Obviously all of the guys mentioned will make huge impacts on this years squad. As far as replacing the four lost starters, there are many young guys that are really working hard during, before, and after practice to make themselves better football players so that they can contribute this year and help the team win. Leadership wise all captains but two are back this year they have really contributed alot of leadership this offseason and will continue to do so next year. This team is ready to put Scott High Football back on the map and make a playoff run.

scott does have a lot of starters back and i agree that with the leadership and experience with this team as long as they continue to work hard and stay disciplined they have a chance at playoffs. the ability and the chance is there they just have to give the effort to fight for it and take it .