Scott Highlanders

HIGHLANDERS#1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ Mar 25 2007 - 09:56 PM) 826422455[/snapback]What polls have the Highlanders 8-2? Oh I know it would be the Scott Co. players preseason Poll.

sorry man i hate to burst your bubble but if were the shs players preseason polls it'd have us going 1-0 10 weeks in a row. i saw a poll a couple of months back i cant remember where, and now i can't find it. i kind of stuck my foot in my mouth by posting about it but from now on i suggest that you think about what you post before you do the same and what is unapproved website?

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ Mar 25 2007 - 07:56 PM) 826422455[/snapback]What polls have the Highlanders 8-2? Oh I know it would be the Scott Co. players preseason Poll.

HEY leonard>LOSER, HOW SHOULD THE TEAM GO INTO THE SEASON THINKING THERE GOING NOT GOING TO WIN? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(writin_on_the wall @ Mar 26 2007 - 08:11 AM) 826422808[/snapback]HEY leonard>LOSER, HOW SHOULD THE TEAM GO INTO THE SEASON THINKING THERE GOING NOT GOING TO WIN? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

thank you. my point exactly.

I'm not saying go into the season thinking that way. If you would take time and read the post and comprehend it you would see what I said. Every year several Scott Co. players talk about how good they are going to be and that this is the year, but so far same results. I posted earlier saying that the thing to do is to not talk about how good you are and sneak up on people. Believe me you are not bursting my bubble. I have been wrong before. I just mearly suggested that all that talk will put you in a place you can't back up. I do wish the Highlanders lots of luck.

The question about unapproved website, just click unapproved website on my post and it will link you to a site that allows you to see what is happening. They are a big part of showing local games on Video on Demand. They will also be showing some baseball and track this spring. They do a great job on recruiting through Rivals. Go try it out and see what you think.

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ Mar 26 2007 - 09:20 AM) 826422849[/snapback]The question about unapproved website, just click unapproved website on my post and it will link you to a site that allows you to see what is happening. They are a big part of showing local games on Video on Demand. They will also be showing some baseball and track this spring. They do a great job on recruiting through Rivals. Go try it out and see what you think.

pretty sweet site.

QUOTE(goat11 @ Mar 26 2007 - 06:54 AM) 826422829[/snapback]thank you. my point exactly.

Hey goat11.

One of the things that I noticed about some of the more successful programs in this area (Mville, Central, Fulton, AE, Catholic, Alcoa, MoWest, Webb) is that one seldom reads posts written by players. Parents, students, fans of one school pretending to be fans of the other so as to stir the pot; absolutely. Another thing that I have noticed about these teams is that they have a quiet confidence, don't talk about how much they bench, who they beat in a passing league, or what their record is going to be for the upcoming season. I am in no way stating that Scott County has bad kids. I have the utmost respect for these boys that sacrifice the time, parents who adjust schedules (it ain't easy up there because of distances), and communities that financially and emotionally support the program(s). I am saying that it can be difficult for a team that goes on record as saying that they are picked to go 8-2 or 1-0 for 10 straight weeks to keep the faith when things don't go according to plan. Let's say Scott Co. starts off 4-0, then lose 3 straight. How will folks react? Better to just say that "we are working hard to get better, want to improve on last year's record, feel we will be good in this area, and have work to do in that area." That way expectations are kept in line. One should try to under-promise and then over-deliver, rather than over-promise and under-deliver. FWIW.

QUOTE(ruse? @ Mar 26 2007 - 11:27 AM) 826422948[/snapback]Hey goat11.

One of the things that I noticed about some of the more successful programs in this area (Mville, Central, Fulton, AE, Catholic, Alcoa, MoWest, Webb) is that one seldom reads posts written by players. Parents, students, fans of one school pretending to be fans of the other so as to stir the pot; absolutely. Another thing that I have noticed about these teams is that they have a quiet confidence, don't talk about how much they bench, who they beat in a passing league, or what their record is going to be for the upcoming season. I am in no way stating that Scott County has bad kids. I have the utmost respect for these boys that sacrifice the time, parents who adjust schedules (it ain't easy up there because of distances), and communities that financially and emotionally support the program(s). I am saying that it can be difficult for a team that goes on record as saying that they are picked to go 8-2 or 1-0 for 10 straight weeks to keep the faith when things don't go according to plan. Let's say Scott Co. starts off 4-0, then lose 3 straight. How will folks react? Better to just say that "we are working hard to get better, want to improve on last year's record, feel we will be good in this area, and have work to do in that area." That way expectations are kept in line. One should try to under-promise and then over-deliver, rather than over-promise and under-deliver. FWIW.

ruse i apoligize for stateing my opion in the wrong way, but i do believe we will be good this year. and 1-0 for 10wks was just saying we should take it one game at a time. and we do have work to do. i am sorry though and thanks for your respect.

QUOTE(piledriver22 @ Mar 27 2007 - 12:34 AM) 826423588[/snapback]not all scott players are on here writing this crap jus tthe stupid ones who never get to play. I recently talked with a couple seniors and all they had to say is they didnt know what there record was going to be but they was going to go as hard as they could everydown no mater up or down 50.

p22, you call us stupid why so you feel better about yourself. look i said i stuck my foot in my mouth, i admitted it. it was a dumb mistake, and as for what you said about playing, you made mistake the ones who didn't get playing time last season are the ones on the field this season. and every on the highlander team make no mistake about it is goin to go 100mph and fight till the end whether we are winnin by 50 or down by 50. and like i said earlier its not been stupid its just backin the team and the teamates you believe in.