Liberty can be consider among the great teams?

STUNNAH

He did say county.....I'm past 40 so that means I have reading glasses.....reading glasses that I wasn't wearing. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Sorry about that.

I still think that a mountain is being made out of a mole hill. When I ask "who are they?" I'm making a point about the number of kids that are in the basketball program as a result of Liberty's magnet status.....and the difference they are making in the program. Where are they? Besides that....it the rule, as long as it's done by the book.

People act like Dexter has a recruiting office and the county is paying that recruiter to go out and intice players from other schools.

I may not be the only person to have their words a little mixed up. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(smckinney @ Mar 18 2007 - 01:52 PM) 826416309[/snapback]I think Liberty is a good team and the coaches did an excellent job of preparing their team. HOWEVER, if the school is allowed to pull kids from across the county THEY SHOULD BE GOOD. I see that most are comparing this team to some of the Memphis teams and talking about how they "handled" Mitchell in the championship. Memphis has over 40 high schools in the city and the talent is sped out. Can you imagine what will happen if some of these teams had the advantage of Liberty to get the students they want. At BTW, 99% of our kids WALK to school, they are attending the school inwhich they are assigned and we still compete in all sports. Please don't think I am taking anything away from Liberty just wondering about the rules.

Are you serious right now? Anyone in Memphis can attend any city school they want to attend.

QUOTE(KublahKD @ Mar 18 2007 - 02:59 PM) 826416444[/snapback]Are you serious right now? Anyone in Memphis can attend any city school they want to attend.

LOL..yeah when Hamilton won with Todd Day all of the starters were taking Dry Cleaning. A class only offered at Hamilton. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Mar 18 2007 - 02:59 PM) 826416443[/snapback]He did say county.....I'm past 40 so that means I have reading glasses.....reading glasses that I wasn't wearing. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Sorry about that.

I still think that a mountain is being made out of a mole hill. When I ask "who are they?" I'm making a point about the number of kids that are in the basketball program as a result of Liberty's magnet status.....and the difference they are making in the program. Where are they? Besides that....it the rule, as long as it's done by the book.

People act like Dexter has a recruiting office and the county is paying that recruiter to go out and intice players from other schools.

I may not be the only person to have their words a little mixed up. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

LOL...yeah that would be Oak Hill Academy that gets kids from across the "country" /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Mar 18 2007 - 04:37 PM) 826416500[/snapback]LOL...yeah that would be Oak Hill Academy that gets kids from across the "country" /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Yeah....that's right.

QUOTE(smckinney @ Mar 18 2007 - 01:52 PM) 826416309[/snapback]I think Liberty is a good team and the coaches did an excellent job of preparing their team. HOWEVER, if the school is allowed to pull kids from across the county THEY SHOULD BE GOOD. I see that most are comparing this team to some of the Memphis teams and talking about how they "handled" Mitchell in the championship. Memphis has over 40 high schools in the city and the talent is sped out. Can you imagine what will happen if some of these teams had the advantage of Liberty to get the students they want. At BTW, 99% of our kids WALK to school, they are attending the school inwhich they are assigned and we still compete in all sports. Please don't think I am taking anything away from Liberty just wondering about the rules.

But Memphis has what's called open enrollment when they come out of middle school, once they choose the school they want to attend they are "suppose" to be locked in. So what's your point genius?

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Mar 18 2007 - 03:43 PM) 826416511[/snapback]/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Yeah....that's right.

Here are the scores from Liberty's post season run.

District 12-AA

def. McNairy, 86-51

def. Bolivar, 72-44

Region 6-AA

def. Cheatham Co., 99-70

def. Sycamore, 89-65

def. Bolivar, 90-53

Substate

def. Pearl Cohn, 88-63

Class AA State

def. Fulton, 72-47

def. Dyer County, 90-74

def. Mitchell, 89-70

O.K. P.A., I have to admit that they may be one of the most dominate teams is state history. How would you compare them to your '76 and '77 LHS teams. Remember, there wasn't a 3 point line then.

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Mar 17 2007 - 11:13 PM) 826415890[/snapback]Congrats to Liberty!!!!! best high school team I've ever seen...its unbelievable how quick those guys were...Anthony Sampson, shortest guy on the floor, were rebounding against Mitchel's post players and dribbled out of TRIPLE teams...that goes to show alot of heart in 1 player and you could just tell how hard they played that they expected nothing other than a state championship....got to see a little bit of Liberty's team from next year....they were still playing with Mitchel's starters...I honestly look for Liberty to be back at the AA state tournaments next year but maybe not winning it....anyways GOOD LUCK to the seniors on Liberty's team and CONGRATS to Dexter and the Crusaders!!!!

Liberty is moving up to AAA next year... i dont know about next year but I think coach Williams will have them back in the boro sometime soon.

I don't think even they could have run with Liberty.....they lost to Humboldt...remember? (: Michael Smith and Rodney Arnold.....that would be a game.

Here's a good question......could Sammy Fisher beat Dexter Williams? Now there's some great basketball minds.

And....what about the Humboldt team? Jr. Reed?

QUOTE(jcmjeff2006 @ Mar 18 2007 - 05:07 PM) 826416532[/snapback]Liberty is moving up to AAA next year... i dont know about next year but I think coach Williams will have them back in the boro sometime soon.

Well the expectations are certainly high. I talked to some of the soph. and fresh. last night after the game....their hungry. I'd compare them to the young pups that are being trained alongside the running dogs. They are buying into Dexters ways really quick. Look out AAA!!!!! Here come the Crusaders!!!!