17U Basketball

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bigyomca @ Mar 24 2007 - 07:21 AM) 826421474[/snapback]Blake and Ware are not playing for the Y.

So is frank harris coaching the Y 17 with leslie and gentry on there. also where are the other players playing like greg wooten and all the other kids off the old war eagle team. and what happened to the mike miller team.

Bburn... r u for sure about the Celtics?? We lost Kayman to the Celtics, and he was pretty sure it was still the M.Celtics. Also, Coleman and Wilkes are playing for SE Elite, but I know they are not playing for Jermaine. Is it just a spawn off of the SE Elite program??

Also, r u guys not going to Riverdale again this year??

QUOTE(gomab2 @ Mar 27 2007 - 12:06 AM) 826423606[/snapback]Bburn... r u for sure about the Celtics?? We lost Kayman to the Celtics, and he was pretty sure it was still the M.Celtics. Also, Coleman and Wilkes are playing for SE Elite, but I know they are not playing for Jermaine. Is it just a spawn off of the SE Elite program??

Also, r u guys not going to Riverdale again this year??

I am positive b/c of what our guys in Atlanta said. But I know it is a pretty recent move so it is relatively under the radar still although not surprising. Coleman and Wilkes are with the AL branch group or at least so I understand.

15s will be in Riverdale, 16s and 17s will not. We are just finally getting everyone together after spring breaks and state tourney, etc and we have some conflicts with coaches schedules over the weekend so we felt it a better use of our time to practice this weekend instead. Who all is in Riverdale, didnt know if you guys would be there this year either.

Oh, gotcha...

Yeah, we try to make it an annual thing at Riverdale. 15's should be a strong group, with Ballerz, Celtics, plus M'boro stars, Tn Mavs, Tn Tigers as well...

17's is not real deep, but Tn Tigers are there, plus an interesting (19u) roster of Tn Heat (CJ Davis, Demonte Harper, Codye Hatcher, and even Wil Peters, among others. Yep, not your average 17u AAU team lol), and both of our rosters. Franklin Rage could be halfway decent because they will run the same things as in HS and will be much more prepared. Not quite TOC comp, but still excited about getting it all started with live competition...

QUOTE(gomab2 @ Mar 27 2007 - 05:04 PM) 826424214[/snapback]Oh, gotcha...

Yeah, we try to make it an annual thing at Riverdale. 15's should be a strong group, with Ballerz, Celtics, plus M'boro stars, Tn Mavs, Tn Tigers as well...

17's is not real deep, but Tn Tigers are there, plus an interesting (19u) roster of Tn Heat (CJ Davis, Demonte Harper, Codye Hatcher, and even Wil Peters, among others. Yep, not your average 17u AAU team lol), and both of our rosters. Franklin Rage could be halfway decent because they will run the same things as in HS and will be much more prepared. Not quite TOC comp, but still excited about getting it all started with live competition...

How can Harper play since he is signed? Or has he signed?

He shouldn't be able to. Peters neither since he has already fulfulled his year of prep, and is not going a 6th year lol next year. Oh well... good comp.

I miss the days when 17u AAU/Summer ball was 17u ball...when it was kids finishing their third year of high school and below

QUOTE(gomab2 @ Mar 27 2007 - 08:21 PM) 826424365[/snapback]He shouldn't be able to. Peters neither since he has already fulfulled his year of prep, and is not going a 6th year lol next year. Oh well... good comp.

I miss the days when 17u AAU/Summer ball was 17u ball...when it was kids finishing their third year of high school and below

I agree. There are certain circumstances where I dont mind it; i.e. if grades are an issue and they need to prep one year, and their age fits into appropriate category but it is a case by case basis for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(gomab2 @ Mar 27 2007 - 05:04 PM) 826424214[/snapback]Oh, gotcha...

Well I'm surprised that the Chattanooga Warriors aren't even mentioned. They beat the TN Heat up in Clarksville. And because they beat the heat, a few players from there tried to fight our players and one of them picked up a pole and tried to hit a old man with it. We were shown no respect up there and our last lost had the whole gym rooting against us even teams we killed. They booed at every shot and mistake. Obviously this is jealousy and I think they should be mentioned under the states top teams.