Ooltewah Football

fargen01

who was the backup qb last year, or the 3 string, ooltewah shouldnt have to depend on anybody transfering from anywhere, is there really a qb issue or do we not really know whats going on up there? its hard for a sophomore to do anything as a starter reguardless of position or size so i ll agree with owlpride on that one. you ve got to be a STUD to play at a school as big Ooltewah and with the talent up there, no matter what some people consider superstar status.

Yes!!!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why Ooltewah does not get press is because the majority of the writers from Chattanooga Times Free Press either have family or themselves went to Red Bank,McCallie, Baylor, or Notre Dame, explaining 5 pages of press on saturday morning. And no, ooltewah will not have a tenth game which is a HUGE advantage if you know anything about football. 15 games is brutal in a season, thats more than college football, and one less will only help Ooltewah's chances of going to Murfreesboro. To answer your ? :JV only plays 4 or 5 games.

i think you hit the nail on the head owlpride but it was still tough for everyone to deny the owls last year but in my opinion they still didnt get enough coverage last year either. the baseball doesnt get enough coverage either ooltewah had some studs out there playing and some signed college skollies and still didnt here a whole lot in my opinion. how did you figure out that will not be a 10 th game.

Sounds like Smith would have the edge from what you are saying. Reed could have played another position at Baylor but not QB since Tyler Massey has that position for sure. He is a tremendous athlete. I guess if he was at practice yesterday they must think he is eligible. They must have found a house there.

Reed is in the weightroom and is at practice with the Ooltewah Varsity. Tall, but no superstar. Brantley Smith knows the system and has more experience as a junior. Its hard for a sophomore to take over the reigns when he doesnt know the plays come August.

i think you hit the nail on the head owlpride but it was still tough for everyone to deny the owls last year but in my opinion they still didnt get enough coverage last year either. the baseball doesnt get enough coverage either ooltewah had some studs out there playing and some signed college skollies and still didnt here a whole lot in my opinion. how did you figure out that will not be a 10 th game.

[/quote

I talked to the coaches and with scheduling issues only 9 games this year. Tried to schedule Red Bank at Finley, they declined.

Ooltewah will ONLY have 9 games this year. I think the coaches put the schedule behind them and are looking foward for the season to start. There are some good looking kids at Ooltewah. There are 3 receivers that are 6'3 plus with speed and great ability. Speed is everywhere at the nest. Can't wait for the season to start.

Ooltewah will ONLY have 9 games this year. I think the coaches put the schedule behind them and are looking foward for the season to start. There are some good looking kids at Ooltewah. There are 3 receivers that are 6'3 plus with speed and great ability. Speed is everywhere at the nest. Can't wait for the season to start.

thats a big bunch of receivers, how are the linebackers stacking up? is it true the defense is as stronger than years before? a couple of ends are supposed to be studs.

i cannot believe someone would say that about a kid that could possibly get on here and read this about them selves, these kids are in the 9 th grade for goodness sake!! and owlzz is your kid any good? has he started on the varsity since his freshman year? and the size thing does not matter i dont care who you are or what you play if you ve got the desire and the god given talent then it doesnt matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arent you a small fella to the best of my knowledge? exactly! GO POUNDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im not old enuff to have a kid.......please dont think you know me cuz im not even close to who you are thinking of......

and i never said anything about size, haha, so i dunno where that came from....anyway

please ignore all of this fellaz......and lets please drop this freshman QB conversation

GO OWLS!!!!

So.. anyone for going back to the original topic of this bulletin?

Who knows if the Owls will run undefeated again in the regular season. So far it's looking like 9 games, an unsealed QB position (but a few good athletes competing for that hot spot), and great athleticism on both sides of the ball. I'm an Owls fan and I know they have what it takes to be champs next season. I know the work they put in, and I see them improving. Looking forward to a pass skel at Finley Stadium Thursday night, as well. May see some more improvement.

and to "Fridaynightlights"...

Watch what exactly you say about the QB position at Ooltewah, no transfer comes to a school as a sophomore and starts unless he is, in fact, a superstar. Sounds like you're talking about your own son when you talk about that Brady Reed kid? It's a competition, that position is. Keep that in mind. Coach Benny Monroe will put the best players on the field. Look at his past teams, and you will see that.

2007 Ooltewah Football Preview:

Offense:

The two biggest concerns heading into pre-season practice is finding an offensive line that can protect favored starting quarterback Brantley Smith. Two all-region lineman are back with 3 spots to fill, which have coaches scratching their heads trying to find somone to step up in the trenches. Brantley Smith transfered from McCallie last season as a sophomore; however built like Jeremy Woods, has never played a down of varsity football under center. With this said, The Owls will more than likely play more smash mouth football with SR Brian Marshall,JR Matthew Polk, and SO Brandon Beryll. Both Polk and Marshall Run under 4.5 40s and Beryll is a punshing runner on short gains. If passing game improves, the Newcomer this year and will make an imediate impact is Junior Sammy Seamster. The 6'2 wide reciever was featured on the school's track team with Tim Williams 2nd fastest player and Johnny Myricks and Gino Norwood both 6'3. In addition to the speedy recievers will be veteran Ryne Shumaker who is one of the most dangerous wide recievers with his velcro hands and ability to break into the open field.

Defense:

The Defensive line will be led by 3 year starter Justin McReynolds who has a nose for the football and JaMichael Greer. THe ends will be Jaques Smith and Brock Oliver both saw plenty of playing time behind Darryl Turner and Leach last season both put alot of pressure on the quarter back. The linebackers will be back with returning SLB Stuart Taylor and MLB Garrison Caldwell and the WLB spot is still open. The Secondary will be much much improved with new secondary coach and with Nathan Swafford, Sammy Seamster, and others. Coach Greene led his defense to 47 turnovers last season and this defense is much more athletic and faster than last years team.

With this being said Ooltewah will be younger but much faster than last years team. They will be tested early with a trip to William Blount and later to Farragut where they lost both games in 2005. But with a 13-1 record last season the Owls are the team to beat in 2007.

Strengths: Speed and Defense

Questions: O-Line and QB

Pass Skel Tomorrow Night vs. Red Bank East Ridge Hixson and others at Finley 6 o'clock.

thats a big bunch of receivers, how are the linebackers stacking up? is it true the defense is as stronger than years before? a couple of ends are supposed to be studs.

Recievers will be one of the best receiving corps in the State. Linebackers are back with two seniors Taylor and Caldwell who have started all three years and still searching for a WIL which shouldnt be too difiicult with all the talent. The defense will be the strength of the football team because everyone is back and have improved with the offseason workouts. Very fast! And the defensive line is strong with McReynolds and Oliver Seniors, and Greer and Smith who have seen plenty of playing time.

Recievers will be one of the best receiving corps in the State. Linebackers are back with two seniors Taylor and Caldwell who have started all three years and still searching for a WIL which shouldnt be too difiicult with all the talent. The defense will be the strength of the football team because everyone is back and have improved with the offseason workouts. Very fast! And the defensive line is strong with McReynolds and Oliver Seniors, and Greer and Smith who have seen plenty of playing time.

OwlPride since you seem to be in know, would you please update the schedule?