Ooltewah Football

fargen01

Im from Rhea county and was able to watch the owls the past two seasons and a good team they are. I also went to the TN/GA allstar game and I think there were 11 owls on the roster and as many as 8 in the game at one time if Im not mistaken. TN should have won the game the final 14-13 lost on a bad call and a missed EP. My point is how do you replace that much talent in one year? I might be a little concerned if I were an OWL. Just seems like it would be hard to reload that MUCH talent in one year. Hope Im wrong and the OWLS roll!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im from Rhea county and was able to watch the owls the past two seasons and a good team they are. I also went to the TN/GA allstar game and I think there were 11 owls on the roster and as many as 8 in the game at one time if Im not mistaken. TN should have won the game the final 14-13 lost on a bad call and a missed EP. My point is how do you replace that much talent in one year? I might be a little concerned if I were an OWL. Just seems like it would be hard to reload that MUCH talent in one year. Hope Im wrong and the OWLS roll!

Ooltewah does have 2100 kids to choose from so not hard to find 11 more when the freshman team and jv both went undefeated last year. Toughest thing to replace will be Jeremy Woods at QB. imho.

Ooltewah has 1800.... The kids on the all-star team were all seniors. They might not of been all-stars but was asked to play because Benny was coaching..

Well at the start of the school year last year Ooltewah had 2021 kids registered and I assumed that number would be higher this week. Most of the websites I have seen list Ooltewah between 1700-1900 kids but that number is a little low. Either way there are more than enough kids to draw from and plenty of underclassmen to replace the graduating seniors every year.

11 on the TN roster for the game? Wow, That's a bucketload of talent.

Well, what about 2005 when Ooltewah lost Z. Woods McDade Burke Caldwell Lowe Hydas Hill, all of their impact players, to graduation: a year ago we were facing the same question. How are the Owls going to replace this group of Seniors? Turns out the Owls had their best season in school history.And again this year,people ask how do you replace Jeremy Woods and Darryl Turner and an offensive line? In addition to 2000 students, the Owls off season program is one of the best with workouts improving agility and strength enabling the Owls to improve their performance on the field. They find the best athletes who are dedicated and do whatever it takes to be successful. Plus, Monroe uses his system to suit the talent on the field in order to run it to perfection.

I get so tired of listen to all this crap from people all around this area,ooltewah hasnt be a large school like this for very long,like rhea n oak riverdale etc..,.. even though rhea isnt as large now,but my piont is this ooltewah as came a long way in short time, from a sports piont of veiw,and the area around ooltewah is growing at an unbelievible rate n talent is everywhere,soddy is growing ,too.(not as much)anyway most of you sound nervous about ooltewah sports, becoming a power at every thing for a long time,BUT UNTIL OOLTEWAH WINS A STATE championship in something,especially in FOOTBALL,owl fans need to shut up and ignore, this stuff until then.

I get so tired of listen to all this crap from people all around this area,ooltewah hasnt be a large school like this for very long,like rhea n oak riverdale etc..,.. even though rhea isnt as large now,but my piont is this ooltewah as came a long way in short time, from a sports piont of veiw,and the area around ooltewah is growing at an unbelievible rate n talent is everywhere,soddy is growing ,too.(not as much)anyway most of you sound nervous about ooltewah sports, becoming a power at every thing for a long time,BUT UNTIL OOLTEWAH WINS A STATE championship in something,especially in FOOTBALL,owl fans need to shut up and ignore, this stuff until then.

Ignore what? Can fans of teams with no state championships not talk on coachT?

Ignore what? Can fans of teams with no state championships not talk on coachT?

Yes, talk all you want ,but stop talking about how good the replacements are and how ooltewah is going to do this n that,(not you personally,but some owl fans never quit talking them up).Go out and win a state in football and baseball or even in softball and then tell everybody to stick it!!! because, some of these people that talk crap ,their teams stink or they have open counties.ooltewah should have won last year, and everybody knows it(they got screwed in smyrna),but that was last year,look forward to this year. go Orange Grove handiessssss!!!!!!!!!

Yes, talk all you want ,but stop talking about how good the replacements are and how ooltewah is going to do this n that,(not you personally,but some owl fans never quit talking them up).Go out and win a state in football and baseball or even in softball and then tell everybody to stick it!!! because, some of these people that talk crap ,their teams stink or they have open counties.ooltewah should have won last year, and everybody knows it(they got screwed in smyrna),but that was last year,look forward to this year. go Orange Grove handiessssss!!!!!!!!!

Fatsak from page 5: are you all retarded? ooltewah is the team to beat,until someone in that region beats them,this year. they have everybody comming back,except the qb,but they are deep there.,also their jv and fresh teams are loaded,and that part of the county is booming with talent,and it seems everybody is moving there,so they are only going to get better each year!

I like how you contradict yourself on here Fatsak. You talk the Owls up and some freshman kid that no one cares about then you bash the Owls and their fans on an Ooltewah Post when you are the one saying how they get better each year!