Transfers

basketballnut

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(basketballnut @ Mar 20 2007 - 09:19 AM) 826418289[/snapback]Any news of any girls leaving there school for other schools. The one at OS will have a big impact on Webbs season if it is true.

THESE ARE CHILDREN WE'RE TALKING ABOUT

I DO NOT THINK WE SHOULD BE TALKING RUMORS ---- THEY ARE JUST RUMORS

WAIT UNTIL IT IS OVER

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Mar 20 2007 - 09:19 AM) 826418348[/snapback]THESE ARE CHILDREN WE'RE TALKING ABOUT

I DO NOT THINK WE SHOULD BE TALKING RUMORS ---- THEY ARE JUST RUMORS

WAIT UNTIL IT IS OVER

This entire site is basically rumours and opinions...and my opinion is that someone can discuss this if they want to, its not as if the players are being accused of a federal offense and what people say will really have a major impact on their lives. Im sure most of these kids could care less whether people with names like Hoops Fan2 and dctigerfan07 think they are transferring schools or not.

QUOTE(dctigerfan07 @ Mar 20 2007 - 11:17 AM) 826418414[/snapback]This entire site is basically rumours and opinions...and my opinion is that someone can discuss this if they want to, its not as if the players are being accused of a federal offense and what people say will really have a major impact on their lives. Im sure most of these kids could care less whether people with names like Hoops Fan2 and dctigerfan07 think they are transferring schools or not.

Post edited bacause it is off-topic- CoachT

QUOTE(YoungBlood4 @ Mar 20 2007 - 02:40 PM) 826418630[/snapback]Post edited bacause it is off-topic- CoachT

Rumor around Smith Co. is that Kayla Christopher (OS), Emily Mahaney (JC) and Laken Lenard (RBS) are all going to transfer to Smith Co. to play with Kayci ferris and rest of the Owelettes, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(YoungBlood4 @ Mar 20 2007 - 09:18 PM) 826418987[/snapback]Rumor around Smith Co. is that Kayla Christopher (OS), Emily Mahaney (JC) and Laken Lenard (RBS) are all going to transfer to Smith Co. to play with Kayci ferris and rest of the Owelettes, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess you are kidding. I seriously heard that a former JC prospect, I will not mention the big girl's name, will be returning to 1A basketball next year. Probably to JC. Big loss for Smith County if it happens.

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Mar 21 2007 - 07:57 AM) 826419187[/snapback]I guess you are kidding. I seriously heard that a former JC prospect, I will not mention the big girl's name, will be returning to 1A basketball next year. Probably to JC. Big loss for Smith County if it happens.

Yell, I'm kidding, just got tired of my post being deleted, I actually don't know anything and its OBVIOUSLY none of my business. Hope I did'nt stop any hearts with that one. I think I need to take a hint and SHUT-UP!

QUOTE(YoungBlood4 @ Mar 20 2007 - 02:40 PM) 826418630[/snapback]Post edited bacause it is off-topic- CoachT

Since the post is entirely a rumor, I would say Coach T did the correct thing by locking it. Now I agree with the post on there about what are we teaching our kids by moving them to play at a specific school.(Not exactly the correct wording but the meaning is clear) There has got to be a line that we as a parent and a fan of basketball that we can't cross. Like going out and recruiting to get the great players to come to our schools. What about education? What about the moral values we need to instill in these kids??? Can't we just accept that there are players that come from a family that has instilled all these things in them?? But on the other hand great players just has to LOVE to PLAY the GAME, like alot of us that have played and still cannot get enough of it. We will love the game until we die!!!! But the competition of the game plays a big part also, and the kid thats playing has that also, don't you think??? Look at the girls that just finished playing at the State, I know several players that took 2 or 3 days off and are back in the gym, at it on THEIR OWN. That shows that they are the Ball Players that most coaches would kill for! They're wanting to get better and also get prepared for AAU, but it says alot for those girls and guys that are doing it, so lets tip our hats to those kids that are doing that. WHAT ABOUT IT???

I know of some players that were back at it the day after finishing the season, lol, but like you said, on their own. Part of it was to help get a bitter taste of losing a close one out of their mouths but the main thing was wanting to keep improving. As for transfers, if a parent wants to move a player and it's done properly, there's nothing in the rules against it. But if a player is a true difference maker their original team should be good enough that a move isn't needed.

QUOTE(Indian @ Mar 24 2007 - 01:05 AM) 826421429[/snapback]I know of some players that were back at it the day after finishing the season, lol, but like you said, on their own. Part of it was to help get a bitter taste of losing a close one out of their mouths but the main thing was wanting to keep improving. As for transfers, if a parent wants to move a player and it's done properly, there's nothing in the rules against it. But if a player is a true difference maker their original team should be good enough that a move isn't needed.

I agree wholeheartley, but unfortunately, what about the kids that (for some reason) the coach takes a dislikeing to or who is being bullied by another teammember or just flat does'nt give anything to the coach that furthers his or her career (besides athletic ability) and are continually discouraged?????? Not every parent or child who makes a decision to move does it necessarily because they think the grass is greener on the other side, remember, until you've walked in his shoes, you really don't know why a person makes the decisions they make!

QUOTE(Indian @ Mar 24 2007 - 12:05 AM) 826421429[/snapback]I know of some players that were back at it the day after finishing the season, lol, but like you said, on their own. Part of it was to help get a bitter taste of losing a close one out of their mouths but the main thing was wanting to keep improving. As for transfers, if a parent wants to move a player and it's done properly, there's nothing in the rules against it. But if a player is a true difference maker their original team should be good enough that a move isn't needed.

The transfering of students in a proper channel is a hard move on their families, but I guess if the family has the funds and the connections then more power to them! On the flip side what about the team that the GREAT ball player left, maybe if they'd stayed where they were zoned to be(if its a public school) then the team they left may have been a TEAM to contend with. As far as being in their shoes like the other post said, well I know that I didn't appreciate any coach I had sticking their noses in my business, but they were the coach and not my parents.I had to sit the pine if mine even got involved and they didn't want that so , nothing was ever said. Now in these days most parents can't see as far as the end of their noses to know if their child is a ball player or not. They are doing their kids an injustice by being like that. If my child was being verbably, phisically, and being bullied around by the coaches or players, then someone would be stepping in to do something about it. It would be investigated before anything rash was done. As far as liking their coaches? Well I didn't did you? I DID RESPECT them though. To this day I still call them Coach. And as an adult, appreciate what they did for me in the aspects of real life. Because, their is life after basketball and more than likely that coach has spent more time with the child than you have over the course of the season. Just an opinion on the morality of a person, and that person being me. Not patting myself, just saying I know what respect is and today most kids wouldn't know the real meaning of the word. LOL!! Thats not laugh out loud, but lots of love!! One more thing, I do like all of my coaches now and realize how hard it is to deal with an irate parent that has a different opinion than they do,so COACHING A TEAM is not an EASY JOB and someones toes are gonna be smushed, just be aware when as a parent the need to step in is really the right time to. What do ya think? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(dctigerfan07 @ Mar 20 2007 - 11:17 AM) 826418414[/snapback]This entire site is basically rumours and opinions...and my opinion is that someone can discuss this if they want to, its not as if the players are being accused of a federal offense and what people say will really have a major impact on their lives. Im sure most of these kids could care less whether people with names like Hoops Fan2 and dctigerfan07 think they are transferring schools or not.

if you all think the kids don't read this you are sadly mistaken

they read it all the time

and we should not be discussing rumors --- would you like rumors about your job to be posted here ?

no -- that's what i thought

keep the rumors off here !! period