I know that there are several guys from Tennessee playing in the majors. Post their names and teams so we can all keep track of them. The local papers do a terrible job of this. It will be hard to track down some until camp breaks and they all get assigned, but if you know where they are let us all know what organization they're in.

Brennan King, Jim Ed Warden, Jeremy Slayden- Phillies.

BK and Jim Ed are at big league camp and both are very close to making the 40 man roster.

Slayden is currently in AA camp.

Patrick Hicklen- Royals

Patrick is in AA camp.

All these guys are from Murfreesboro

Warden-MTSC

King, Hicklen, Slayden-Oakland

QUOTE(GradfromtheNest @ Mar 28 2007 - 11:21 PM) 826425498[/snapback]Kyler Burke (Padres, 1st round 2006) got his first big league at bat today against the Royals. He will either be reporting to the Peoria Padres or the Fort Wayne Wizards this season.

Brazelton was with the Padres last year but is now in the Royals organization.

thanks! keep us posted, as I will do the same. where is burke from?

By the way king was reassigned to AAA this week /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> but after a tremendous spring he's made a great impression on the coaching staff and players. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the 40 man later in the summer. He'll be playing in ottawa.

I believe warden is close to making the 25 man roster, you can never have too much pitching.

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Mar 29 2007 - 01:40 PM) 826425825[/snapback]thanks! keep us posted, as I will do the same. where is burke from?

By the way king was reassigned to AAA this week /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> but after a tremendous spring he's made a great impression on the coaching staff and players. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the 40 man later in the summer. He'll be playing in ottawa.

I believe warden is close to making the 25 man roster, you can never have too much pitching.

Burke graduated from Ooltewah High School (Chattanooga) last year. Here are some Spring Training photos:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...