Elizabethton To Hire New B-Ball Coach!

oldrangerhead76

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CoachSH @ Apr 4 2007 - 12:10 PM) 826429842[/snapback]I still have not read anything about Wilson stepping down is it official yet???????

Nothing can or will be done unless Wilson resigns. He may not resign. I also hear Dr. Edwards (formerly of UH and married to Coach Bunton) is getting good reviews at Betsy. Even heard Mr. Ed brag about her as a principal. I still think all coaching changes will only happen if the present coaches resign. The same goes for e. Pless.

QUOTE(52fan52 @ Apr 4 2007 - 12:44 PM) 826429885[/snapback]morrell is at king not milligan, right???????

I hear the teachers and students at EHS love their administration. Mark Norman and Dr. Edwards are great! Please leave our leaders alone...we need stability in the classroom and sports program. We need to keep Coach Payne. Mike wilson is a nice guy. Leave him alone.

QUOTE(doctorj @ Mar 29 2007 - 10:39 PM) 826426288[/snapback]Cloudland has been a good team before, but never like they have been with Carp around. He is be the backdoor choice for Hampton. It makes too much sense to hire the old dog back, at least that what we're supposed to think. Carp is the man for the job. He is not too far removed from Bulldog bball and will be the best at relating to the players. NEd will have to compete with Oliver for the Etown job for sure. Everyone will surely be surprised. Think about it.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY, have we sat around and let Ned Smith slip through our fingers?!?!?!?! It's no wonder we're loosing every good b-ball player to the county schools! We are getting exactly what we deserve! I don't blame the kids for leaving! With Unaka's deep basketball tradition, And now their football on the rise, Cloudland"s b-ball has spoke for it's self the last two years, Hampton's football program one of the top 15 in the state and now the hireing of Jerry White who knows, all I can say is with all these quality canidates sitting around it's our fault!!!!!

Its kind of sad that weeks ago some people on here had Wilson fired/gone and Ned Smith hired, and now it looks like it was all just small town gossip.

Okay here's how it works: You don't fill a coaching position until there is a position open to be filled. EHS does not have a basketball, AD, or principal position open the last time I checked. Now any or all of that could change, but unless and until it does, it really serves no valid purpose to wildly speculate about these things. All it does is hurt people and hurt the school/program. Of course this is just one person's opinion on this.

QUOTE(CycloneFan @ Apr 9 2007 - 11:21 AM) 826433003[/snapback]Its kind of sad that weeks ago some people on here had Wilson fired/gone and Ned Smith hired, and now it looks like it was all just small town gossip.

Okay here's how it works: You don't fill a coaching position until there is a position open to be filled. EHS does not have a basketball, AD, or principal position open the last time I checked. Now any or all of that could change, but unless and until it does, it really serves no valid purpose to wildly speculate about these things. All it does is hurt people and hurt the school/program. Of course this is just one person's opinion on this.

Have I missed something?

The earlier post said Ned Smith slipped through our hands.Where did he go?

I am not knocking Smith, I dont know him but TA Dugger could have won the State in Cloudlands Division this year!

Eliz should look at more than the directors personal likes and dislikes and do whats best for our kids!

Len Dugger, Leon Tolley or Mark Mason would all be quality candidates!

QUOTE(whirlwind @ Apr 4 2007 - 01:31 PM) 826429870[/snapback]Betsy dont need no resignation, they'll get rid of the dead wood just like they did ole TH. They need to bring Michael Morrell back, he's learned alot under "The REAL COACH" Tony Wallingford.

Michael Morrell is at King College and learning under a pretty good coach himself...George Pitts. Word around Etown is that Morrell is interested, but it has not came open yet. Young coach who has learned stuff from the best high school coach around...but who knows if he is really interested.

QUOTE(cyclonedad @ Apr 10 2007 - 08:32 AM) 826433731[/snapback]Have I missed something?

I am not knocking Smith, I dont know him but TA Dugger could have won the State in Cloudlands Division this year!

Eliz should look at more than the directors personal likes and dislikes and do whats best for our kids!

smith will leave if the job is offered to him could be wrong.he is going to be competing for players with football,and yes he will have to compete with just 220 kids he won't have to as much at a bigger school.turb will compete for the kids.not sure ned is willing to do that again like with lunceford,and he shouldn't.it could get ugly this time.

QUOTE(tuffy1 @ Apr 7 2007 - 05:54 PM) 826432025[/snapback]I hear the teachers and students at EHS love their administration. Mark Norman and Dr. Edwards are great! Please leave our leaders alone...we need stability in the classroom and sports program. We need to keep Coach Payne. Mike wilson is a nice guy. Leave him alone.

Bad News for You!!! Just in..... Dr. Edwards and Norman removed from office effective next Thrusday after Board Meeting/....

I thought they both were doing greeeaatttt, also Payne removed from AD, heard they were making a place for Wilson, with what he had thought he had a good season also. Won some big games and lost a few by a couple of points.

QUOTE(cyclonedad @ Apr 10 2007 - 06:32 AM) 826433731[/snapback]Have I missed something?

This might be the dumbest post ever on coacht, Unaka the fourth place team in cloudlands conference beat unicoi as did Hampton the third place team. Cloudland lost two very close games to Unicoi. Nobody in 2a could even give them a game. I bet if you ask John English which conference was tougher he would not hesitate to tell you .

This might be the dumbest post ever on coacht, Unaka the fourth place team in cloudlands conference beat unicoi as did Hampton the third place team. Cloudland lost two very close games to Unicoi. Nobody in 2a could even give them a game. I bet if you ask John English which conference was tougher he would not hesitate to tell you .

[/quote Didn't Hampton beat Elizabethton and CHS beat them twice.