Page @ Marshall County

Pedro

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(baseballfan1 @ Mar 23 2007 - 12:57 AM) 826420822[/snapback]How is Seth Lintz looking this year?

Lintz was dominant in his last start against Overton in a 5-0 complete game shutout. Not sure on the K's but he didn't throw too many pitches to do it. Marshall in both games

Lintz was far from dominant against Overton. He walked and hit several batters in that game and they put the ball in play har against him as well. The best pitcher in Marshall County is the Stoltz kid. Not sure how to spell his name but he is a smooth upper 80'a and PITCHES much better than Lintz who is max effort on every pitch. Marshall will win both but Lintz will not be the star pitcher of that series.

Having not seen Marshall Co. this year, I can only speculate on their team for this season. I know that they lost Tyler Crawford at 1b, Shane Hobbs at P or 3b, Dustin Wilson at C, and Kevin Shorey at P or RF. I would guess that Brad Barnes returns at CF, Justin McQueen at SS, Seth Nance at 2b, Zach Cross at LF, Judd Stoltz at P, OF, or DH, Seth Lintz at P. Other players I expect to move into the starting role include Eric Tietgins somewhere in the outfield, either Jake Lintz or Cody Primm at catcher, Colton Primm at 1b, and I'm not sure about 3b as there are several that I don't know. Pitchers besides Lintz and Stoltz could include Jake Chapman, Cory Searls, Zach Cross, or maybe others.

I don't make predictions on who will win in games involving Page. I know that they are young, but Seniors Jeff Hughes, Logan Adams, and Kory Hammock along with Juniors Trevor Scott and Matt Blankenship have shown good play recently. Several Sophomores are also playing well including Jim Caporali, Hayden Smith, Tyler White, Travis Day, Scott Lynn, Codi Webb, and Jordan Rion.

It's very early in the season for these two important district games back to back so we'll just have to see what happens.

QUOTE(PageMan @ Mar 23 2007 - 10:57 PM) 826421377[/snapback]Having not seen Marshall Co. this year, I can only speculate on their team for this season. I know that they lost Tyler Crawford at 1b, Shane Hobbs at P or 3b, Dustin Wilson at C, and Kevin Shorey at P or RF. I would guess that Brad Barnes returns at CF, Justin McQueen at SS, Seth Nance at 2b, Zach Cross at LF, Judd Stoltz at P, OF, or DH, Seth Lintz at P. Other players I expect to move into the starting role include Eric Tietgins somewhere in the outfield, either Jake Lintz or Cody Primm at catcher, Colton Primm at 1b, and I'm not sure about 3b as there are several that I don't know. Pitchers besides Lintz and Stoltz could include Jake Chapman, Cory Searls, Zach Cross, or maybe others.

I don't make predictions on who will win in games involving Page. I know that they are young, but Seniors Jeff Hughes, Logan Adams, and Kory Hammock along with Juniors Trevor Scott and Matt Blankenship have shown good play recently. Several Sophomores are also playing well including Jim Caporali, Hayden Smith, Tyler White, Travis Day, Scott Lynn, Codi Webb, and Jordan Rion.

It's very early in the season for these two important district games back to back so we'll just have to see what happens.

Jake Lintz is the starting catcher. Cody Primm starts at 1B. Stoltz at 3B. Seth Lintz and Stoltz rotate between 3B and outfield depending on the pitcher (Lintz, Stoltz, or Cross). Tietgens and Chapman did not go out for baseball this year. The RF spot will be either occupied by Fred West (newcoming senior), Corey Sorrells, or possibly Seth Lintz. Kellen Gower (also first year senior) DH's usually for the RF as does Colton Primm. I'd have to give the nod to Seth Lintz as MC's #1 pitcher. I would be very surprised to see MC lose either game but either way they will definitely be competitive