Blackman vs Cookeville

The One And Only

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest THEWALL07

im taking cookeville 2-0 in this one. Very strong team this year and are playing very well right now. These kids have been playin together there whole lives and know what they have to do to win. ha and also the fact they all wanna beat paul!

QUOTE(sweep22 @ Mar 25 2007 - 10:58 PM) 826422627[/snapback]cookeville slaughters in this one. they have to much talent in the mid field and up top this year.

Do you guys even think about being realistic in this thing???

cookevillle tied Hendersonville

who was beat by LaVergne

blackamn stomped laVergne

Im calling Blackman by alot

this is a huge game, always intense with cards...i think cookeville will dominate this game, especially with that keeper they had last year and that outstanding senior that practically owns putnam county....along with 9 other guys that know this rivalry. What does blackman have? haha that mommas boy goalie?

Either way, this game will determine alot for this season in the districts as these two teams battle it out.

I expect some crazy stuff, it being March madness and all...

QUOTE(Mutz07 @ Mar 26 2007 - 04:17 AM) 826422787[/snapback]Do you guys even think about being realistic in this thing???

cookevillle tied Hendersonville

who was beat by LaVergne

blackamn stomped laVergne

Im calling Blackman by alot

Oakland should win it all as far as this District is concerned...Jatoree Haynes left the program better than it was when he started, The entire team should have a good season playing to impress the all Murfressboro player!!

they are realistic! Cookeville is intimidating with that defensive line, its like the great wall of china...

Plus the only thing that made Blackman in the past few years was Jordan Holmes...

Lets not forget Cookeville ENDED Blackmans season last year in an all time classic and made it to the sweet sixteen!! Most starters are returning so they have experience on the team, Cookeville did loose that one guy that usually wore Jordan and Lebron stuff, he was a true asset!!

Guest THEWALL07

QUOTE(thenextjatoree @ Mar 26 2007 - 12:04 PM) 826423024[/snapback]Oakland should win it all as far as this District is concerned...Jatoree Haynes left the program better than it was when he started, The entire team should have a good season playing to impress the all Murfressboro player!!

they are realistic! Cookeville is intimidating with that defensive line, its like the great wall of china...

Plus the only thing that made Blackman in the past few years was Jordan Holmes...

Lets not forget Cookeville ENDED Blackmans season last year in an all time classic and made it to the sweet sixteen!! Most starters are returning so they have experience on the team, Cookeville did loose that one guy that usually wore Jordan and Lebron stuff, he was a true asset!!

Uhh...I'm sorry but i really hope you are not serious about oakland taking district 7-AAA. Warren County already beat them in a 55 minute game 3-0. When the coach calls the game and tells the other that they have some players oakland couldnt keep up with.. you know they arent taking the district.

Cookeville's defense is just going to be too good to beat in this one. They have had some mistakes, but every single person on that team just wants to beat Blackman more than any other team in the state. They may not have been at the top of their game against Gallatin, but they will come back much better and will in a 3-2 thriller. There will also be a huge crowd on hand from what I hear just to rag the old goalie, so there may be some extracurricular activity on the sidelines that may require the local S.R.O. officer. Remember that there was a fan that was arrested last time they played. I am looking forward to a repeat of this.

GO COOKEVILLE!!!

It seems like no one here is taking into account that Blackman wants to beat Cookeville just as bad as Cookeville wants to beat them. Blackman was the loser last year, so they will come into this match with a much bigger chip on their shoulder. They are also starting around 8-9 seniors, all of whom have played varsity their entire highschool careers. I've heard Cookeville's hype, but from what I've seen of them so far compared to Blackman, I think Blackman has a stronger edge. The crowd will be a factor, and as much as they will jeer Paul, they should show a little class and stay out from behind the goal this time around. Either way, I'm going to call Blackman 3-1.

I watched last year's game. It was the worst example of sportsmanship that I have ever witnessed in all the years I've been attending games. The Cookeville fans showed such little class with their jeering of another kid their own age. Kids change schools.....get over it! I hold the school administration responsible for the manner in which the students AND adults acted. As for the SRO's, are you planning on sending them back onto the field again during pk's showing their firearms to 17 and 18 year old kids. What was the reasoning behind that anyway? This game should be held in a stadium to limit the potential for injury to the players and fans. I know a Blackman player was threatened while on the field by Cookeville fans standing a foot away from him on the sideline. Cookeville High School has a responsibility to all student-athletes. Their lack of action last year should not be repeated tomorrow night.

lets stay on the topic at hand gentleman, Cookeville/Blackman is a rivalry and with rivalries always come bitter coments...thats what makes the game so great!!! But for Cookeville fans to show such behavior last year probably means there is something that other schools don't know about about that keeper...who knows whats wrong with that kid, but all negitivity aside...these two teams will most likely get a rematch later this season as they will both probably go far!! GO BLAZE!!

Michael Jordan once said, "the fans are the greatest part of the game, they remind the players of what they are playing for"

Another Wise man once said, "fans have the right to show their emotions, within limit"

Personally, when i play poker i play no limit, so its kinda hard to do things in life with limits!!