Blackman vs Cookeville

The One And Only

Cookeville takes this one, i wouldn't think it would be a high scoring game all that much considering (i believe) cookeville lost one of their better scorers up top. But the kid, Will i think?, in the midfield is truly fantastic and should be able to dominate the ball throughout the mid zone.

Also, Blackman lost alot of talent last year from Griffen Tuggle in the back and ,if you can excuse their consistent poor sportsmanship, Micah Morrisey and Jordan Holmes. Their keeper is good..not great though..and they have one really good young forward that I think is getting back from an injury.

Cookeville takes it, not a problem

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(thenextjatoree @ Mar 26 2007 - 11:04 AM) 826423024[/snapback]Oakland should win it all as far as this District is concerned...Jatoree Haynes left the program better than it was when he started, The entire team should have a good season playing to impress the all Murfressboro player!!

they are realistic! Cookeville is intimidating with that defensive line, its like the great wall of china...

Plus the only thing that made Blackman in the past few years was Jordan Holmes...

Lets not forget Cookeville ENDED Blackmans season last year in an all time classic and made it to the sweet sixteen!! Most starters are returning so they have experience on the team, Cookeville did loose that one guy that usually wore Jordan and Lebron stuff, he was a true asset!!

.....ha

QUOTE(halfdoller @ Mar 27 2007 - 01:14 AM) 826423611[/snapback]lets stay on the topic at hand gentleman, Cookeville/Blackman is a rivalry and with rivalries always come bitter coments...thats what makes the game so great!!! But for Cookeville fans to show such behavior last year probably means there is something that other schools don't know about about that keeper...who knows whats wrong with that kid, but all negitivity aside...these two teams will most likely get a rematch later this season as they will both probably go far!! GO BLAZE!!

Michael Jordan once said, "the fans are the greatest part of the game, they remind the players of what they are playing for"

Another Wise man once said, "fans have the right to show their emotions, within limit"

Personally, when i play poker i play no limit, so its kinda hard to do things in life with limits!!

way to keep it clean halfdollar...keepin in line with the poker line /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think the game will be intense. However, I don't think you will see any yellow cards in this game. The players for Blackman that caused such unsportsmanship the past two years are gone, thank goodness. This is a district game so it should be more intense, but I think you will a hard, clean fought game when they do play. Blackman is a much better team this year than last, mainly related to the chemistry on the team.

I will call the game a close one 2-1 Blackman.

I do have a question. Does the sherriff's department come out to all of Cookeville's games or just the one between Blackman? It seems to me since the Sherriff's department only comes to the Cookeville games, that the problem is at Cookeville, because for the past three years when Cookeville comes to Blackman, there is no need for our sheriif's department to be there. UMMMM? I was just wondering do they show up for all the games? I think thier whole department were there last night, just wondering who is protecting the citizens there. I saw at least 4 officers in uniform and maybe a fifith.

QUOTE(BlackmanSoccerDad @ Mar 28 2007 - 06:52 AM) 826424603[/snapback]I think the game will be intense. However, I don't think you will see any yellow cards in this game. The players for Blackman that caused such unsportsmanship the past two years are gone, thank goodness. This is a district game so it should be more intense, but I think you will a hard, clean fought game when they do play. Blackman is a much better team this year than last, mainly related to the chemistry on the team.

I will call the game a close one 2-1 Blackman.

I do have a question. Does the sherriff's department come out to all of Cookeville's games or just the one between Blackman? It seems to me since the Sherriff's department only comes to the Cookeville games, that the problem is at Cookeville, because for the past three years when Cookeville comes to Blackman, there is no need for our sheriif's department to be there. UMMMM? I was just wondering do they show up for all the games? I think thier whole department were there last night, just wondering who is protecting the citizens there. I saw at least 4 officers in uniform and maybe a fifith.

I believe it is a district policy to have an SRO officer at any game. You would rather they not be there? A player walks to the stands and shoots a bird-Cookeville students yelling at the keeper -A heated rivalry- Bring on the cops.

Also at Blackman they play at the football stadium-students and fans are not right on the sidelines. So things can't get quite as heated IMO.

QUOTE(coachof3 @ Mar 28 2007 - 08:03 AM) 826424643[/snapback]I believe it is a district policy to have an SRO officer at any game. You would rather they not be there? A player walks to the stands and shoots a bird-Cookeville students yelling at the keeper that transfered all game-A heated rivalry- Bring on the cops.

Also at Blackman they play at the football stadium-students and fans are not right on the sidelines. So things can't get quite as heated IMO.

I just didn't think the whole department needed to be there, that's all. SRO is much different than 5 officers. But that wasn't my question, my questions was is the normal for all Cookeville games or just between Blackman and Cookeville.

QUOTE(BlackmanSoccerDad @ Mar 28 2007 - 11:06 AM) 826424832[/snapback]I just didn't think the whole department needed to be there, that's all. SRO is much different than 5 officers. But that wasn't my question, my questions was is the normal for all Cookeville games or just between Blackman and Cookeville.

Other Cookeville High School sporting events occurred at the soccer complex last night--two lacrosse games. Two of the five officers present were representatives of Blackman High School.

QUOTE(barcelona @ Mar 28 2007 - 05:58 PM) 826425115[/snapback]Other Cookeville High School sporting events occurred at the soccer complex last night--two lacrosse games. Two of the five officers present were representatives of Blackman High School.

Unfortunately that wasn't the plan. I was sitting at the Bleachers listening to the officers plan. The officer in charge said, "We will all just spread out through the sidelines and said this will show everyone that nothing is going to happen tonight." As soon as that meeting was over, they dispersed down the entire sidelines. I just didn't realize that soccer in Cookeville was that dangerous, even playing against a district rival. I guess I was wrong.

There was the same amount last year as well and we were the only teams then. By the way, None of the officers were over at the other fields where Lacrosee was about to begin, at least from what I could see.

This whole thing has been blown completely out of proportion, because of a couple of athletes last year, really one athlete from Blackman, a few student fans and a few adult fans. Even that incident didn't require a police officer. If the student fans wouldn't taunt individual players, and it's not just our goalie, a lot of things wouldn't happen.

It shouldn't matter if it's a stadium or just a soccer field with no fence. Fans should be fans and cheer for thier teams. Give another team a hard time, yes, to some extent, but don't make it personal. This kind of security is not necessary at other fields in the state, Warren County, Riverdale, when they don't play on the football field, Lebanon, etc.... It's certainly not required when Cookeville team comes and visits us or any of the other teams in the district. That's why I ask the question.

These two teams have become a rival and I love it!! It's good for the game as long as it's clean and not personal. Obviously they both have two great coaches, and they have two great teams. Neither of the teams last year played dirty or went after each other during the game. It was just hard nose, clean soccer in both games. One of the best games I have ever seen. It was the result of the fans on the side lines and if each school's adminstration would talke to the students and parents about what is right and what is wrong, then the game would be that more enjoyable.

QUOTE(BlackmanSoccerDad @ Mar 28 2007 - 07:09 PM) 826425175[/snapback]Unfortunately that wasn't the plan. I was sitting at the Bleachers listening to the officers plan. The officer in charge said, "We will all just spread out through the sidelines and said this will show everyone that nothing is going to happen tonight." As soon as that meeting was over, they dispersed down the entire sidelines. I just didn't realize that soccer in Cookeville was that dangerous, even playing against a district rival. I guess I was wrong.

There was the same amount last year as well and we were the only teams then. By the way, None of the officers were over at the other fields where Lacrosee was about to begin, at least from what I could see.

This whole thing has been blown completely out of proportion, because of a couple of athletes last year, really one athlete from Blackman, a few student fans and a few adult fans. Even that incident didn't require a police officer. If the student fans wouldn't taunt individual players, and it's not just our goalie, a lot of things wouldn't happen.

It shouldn't matter if it's a stadium or just a soccer field with no fence. Fans should be fans and cheer for thier teams. Give another team a hard time, yes, to some extent, but don't make it personal. This kind of security is not necessary at other fields in the state, Warren County, Riverdale, when they don't play on the football field, Lebanon, etc.... It's certainly not required when Cookeville team comes and visits us or any of the other teams in the district. That's why I ask the question.

These two teams have become a rival and I love it!! It's good for the game as long as it's clean and not personal. Obviously they both have two great coaches, and they have two great teams. Neither of the teams last year played dirty or went after each other during the game. It was just hard nose, clean soccer in both games. One of the best games I have ever seen. It was the result of the fans on the side lines and if each school's adminstration would talke to the students and parents about what is right and what is wrong, then the game would be that more enjoyable.

As you say the lacrosse game was ABOUT to begin it had not started yet and was never played. And also do not blame the cookeville students. If my memory serves me correctly it was a blackman parent who almost got arrested last year... Maybe the safety of the students is on the minds of the authority figures.