Edmondson out at Unionville

DNP

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(baller88 @ Apr 7 2007 - 03:19 PM) 826431925[/snapback]I agree, the guy from Webb would probably be more to Ralston's liking.....he definitely does not like to have any controversy from what I can tell. Playing it safe is probably what he will do but it would spice things up in the district if he went for a splash, news making hire and Spencer would be that guy!

Agreed. Ralston is very conservative and Spencer may be too fiery though Edmondson and Garrette received their share of tecnicals over the years. Unfortunately, I think the problem will be solved very soon. I hear that Spencer is the front runner for Tracy Farrells job as the girls coach at Cascade. Community will have to pull the trigger pretty quick and even then I think the Champs style is more to Chad's liking. If offered both, I think he would go to Cascade.

QUOTE(baseballlover @ Apr 9 2007 - 10:29 AM) 826432947[/snapback]Agreed. Ralston is very conservative and Spencer may be too fiery though Edmondson and Garrette received their share of tecnicals over the years. Unfortunately, I think the problem will be solved very soon. I hear that Spencer is the front runner for Tracy Farrells job as the girls coach at Cascade. Community will have to pull the trigger pretty quick and even then I think the Champs style is more to Chad's liking. If offered both, I think he would go to Cascade.

Ralph Edwards, our assistant Men's Coach is very interested in the Girls opening. I'd be shocked if he wasn't offered the job before an outsider was brought in. Coach Edwards is very popular at our school and I've heard more than one girl state that he would be the best fit for the program. I hope Mr. Looper allows some of the parents and players to at least give him some input before making that decision.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Apr 9 2007 - 10:50 AM) 826432973[/snapback]Ralph Edwards, our assistant Men's Coach is very interested in the Girls opening. I'd be shocked if he wasn't offered the job before an outsider was brought in. Coach Edwards is very popular at our school and I've heard more than one girl state that he would be the best fit for the program. I hope Mr. Looper allows some of the parents and players to at least give him some input before making that decision.

How many times have you heard of parents telling the the school board or principal who to hire? I would like to see that happen? ha Sounds like unionville and Cascade needs a coach that will work hard and build a program from the ground up. Is Edwards going to to this at Cascade?????

QUOTE(Crunchtime @ Apr 9 2007 - 12:39 PM) 826433065[/snapback]How many times have you heard of parents telling the the school board or principal who to hire? I would like to see that happen? ha Sounds like unionville and Cascade needs a coach that will work hard and build a program from the ground up. Is Edwards going to to this at Cascade?????

I don't know where you got that the parents were going to tell the school board who to hire. There are too many people on these boards that want to disect everything a person says to the point that it becomes cumbersome to try and explain everything you say. Getting input from parents and players is what any smart person would do. We haven't had a good girls basketball program in a long time at Cascade and I personally would welcome suggestions as to what direction our program needed to go and what type of Basketball Coach fit our girls personalities. That isn't to say that anyone will influence the decision making, because I doubt they will, but if you have a popular person who is very qualified and in place at the school, common sense would dictate that person be given first shot at the job! In reference to your second point, I personally have the utmost respect for Ralph and think he would do an excellent job with the team. He has a proven record and is very knowledgable about the game. Ask Charlie Pope what his opinion is.

QUOTE(bballrocks @ Apr 9 2007 - 12:42 PM) 826433068[/snapback]Just stating facts! Spencer is more knowledgeable and passionated about the game of basketball than any other name brought up to coach at either Cascade or Community.

Well you think your guy would be a better selection, and I think Ralph would be a better selection. He is a respected member of the Coaching staff on both our Football and boys basketball teams which have experienced a lot of success recently. He also is well liked by most all of the student body. Ralph was involved in the coaching profession when your guy was still playing on elementary playgrounds so I wouldn't be so sure that he is more knowledgable either. Maybe you should find out more about other people before you start making broad statements like that!

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Apr 9 2007 - 01:17 PM) 826433105[/snapback]Well you think your guy would be a better selection, and I think Ralph would be a better selection. He is a respected member of the Coaching staff on both our Football and boys basketball teams which have experienced a lot of success recently. He also is well liked by most all of the student body. Ralph was involved in the coaching profession when your guy was still playing on elementary playgrounds so I wouldn't be so sure that he is more knowledgable either. Maybe you should find out more about other people before you start making broad statements like that!

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Apr 9 2007 - 01:17 PM) 826433105[/snapback]Well you think your guy would be a better selection, and I think Ralph would be a better selection. He is a respected member of the Coaching staff on both our Football and boys basketball teams which have experienced a lot of success recently. He also is well liked by most all of the student body. Ralph was involved in the coaching profession when your guy was still playing on elementary playgrounds so I wouldn't be so sure that he is more knowledgable either. Maybe you should find out more about other people before you start making broad statements like that!

Let me make this statement. I too was one of those little knuckle-dragging, snotty nose kids who once played for Ralph and I have known him for almost 25 years (I'd bet this is a little longer than u) and I like him fine but with that being said I still feel strong about my comments made earlier. Another bit of food for thought, No One will out work Coach Spencer if given the chance to coach at either of the schools. The success of the football program is spelled out KENNY PARKER a great coach and even better person. Oh yeh I say this because he too was a coach of mine.

QUOTE(bballrocks @ Apr 9 2007 - 12:42 PM) 826433068[/snapback]Just stating facts! Spencer is more knowledgeable and passionated about the game of basketball than any other name brought up to coach at either Cascade or Community.

And how do you back up this comment? Do you know all who have applied? Have you watched their practices? Do you know their philosophies? I understand that Spencer is your guy and that is fine, but you have no idea about any other applicants. If you do, then please share.

QUOTE(Wooden Jr. @ Apr 9 2007 - 11:59 PM) 826433677[/snapback]And how do you back up this comment? Do you know all who have applied? Have you watched their practices? Do you know their philosophies? I understand that Spencer is your guy and that is fine, but you have no idea about any other applicants. If you do, then please share.

I think Spencer either has a very loyal friend or family member or a great agent. I have figured out which one yet.... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Whoa! Hold on! "Crunchtime" and "bballrocks" you guys may know alot about Spencer and may be related, friends with him, whatever but before you make statements about he is more passionate than any of the coaches at Cascade or basically he's better than any of the coaches at Cascade give my man Charlie Pope some credit. I have never seen Spencer practice and have watched Pope's teams, I have watched both coach on game night and both seem to be good young coaches who have their stengths and weaknesses alike. ALL I am going to say that could remotely be considered negative about Spencer IF HE WAS THAT GOOD AND THAT "HOT" OF A COACHING COMMODITY why has he spent 8 years at Liberty and didn't get a sniff at following Rick at Shelbyville Central or go with Rick to MTSU?! Now before you guys get on here and get on me all I am trying to say is that we can all specualte this thing to death as to who is a good coach and who is not, who is right for this job and who is not, just why not tone down your comments and not make those "all or nothing" statements when you can not tell me you have inside knowledge on all the parties you are comparing. I am sure both of these openings, Community's boys and Cascade's girls will attract good, young coaches qualified to build a program that people in both communities can be proud of. For example, Charlie Pope has averaged 19 wins a season for his four seasons here, two district championships, he's building something here and hopefully the same can happen for our girls and Community's boys. Several of us have stated Chad would do a great job either place, as would the guy from Webb but so would coach edwards. CHILL OUT, let the process happen, then you can spend all next year either singing the new people's praises or telling us all you told us so!