Games 3/25 to 3/31

lax4life32

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MiniShields @ Apr 1 2007 - 02:23 PM) 826427611[/snapback]how is franklin so much different from last year?

Its the same guys minus the few seniors that they lost, and the same coaching staff. There isnt anything different from last year they have the same drive and desires as last year and play each game to their fullest ability. They play a good clean game and stay calm and dont get cocky. As for their success this year compared to last year ask the other teams that have played them cuz idk. The scores from last year are actually pretty close to this year:

Ensworth last year was a 9 point game this year it was 12

Hendersonville games from last year are pretty close to the one this yer

They didnt play clevland last year (btw they also lost to west knox by 23)

The only games that are noticeably different from last year are Louisville (played in Knoxville Jamboree last year Franklin lost by 2), Webb Knox (Franklin won by 1 last year), and Laussane(Franklin won by 1 and 5 or 6 the 2nd time last year)

Its not a different team they just had an easy first part of the schedule. I have noticed that this team has made improvements from last year but nothing extreme. The next few weeks will be interesting to watch.

QUOTE(lax4life32 @ Apr 1 2007 - 02:27 PM) 826427614[/snapback]Its the same guys minus the few seniors that they lost, and the same coaching staff. There isnt anything different from last year they have the same drive and desires as last year and play each game to their fullest ability. They play a good clean game and stay calm and dont get cocky. As for their success this year compared to last year ask the other teams that have played them cuz idk. The scores from last year are actually pretty close to this year:

Ensworth last year was a 9 point game this year it was 12

Hendersonville games from last year are pretty close to the one this yer

They didnt play clevland last year (btw they also lost to west knox by 23)

The only games that are noticeably different from last year are Louisville (played in Knoxville Jamboree last year Franklin lost by 2), Webb Knox (Franklin won by 1 last year), and Laussane(Franklin won by 1 and 5 or 6 the 2nd time last year)

Its not a different team they just had an easy first part of the schedule. I have noticed that this team has made improvements from last year but nothing extreme. The next few weeks will be interesting to watch.

Even though you say Franklin has the same guys back, they are a different team! They are different because their skills have moved to a higher level, as a team. Their goalie has developed into one of the best in the state. They have 6 or 7 players that can score almost at will. Yes, they are the same guys from last year, but they are a better team from last year.

QUOTE(LX84 @ Apr 1 2007 - 03:46 PM) 826427654[/snapback]Even though you say Franklin has the same guys back, they are a different team! They are different because their skills have moved to a higher level, as a team. Their goalie has developed into one of the best in the state. They have 6 or 7 players that can score almost at will. Yes, they are the same guys from last year, but they are a better team from last year.

I know they are different but they arent that much different the same guys that are scoring this year scored last year and yes they have developed their skills somewhat from what they were last year but not as much as everyone says and the goalie is better but he was ver good last year and was underrated. Also i think DII this year is weaker than it has been in past years.

QUOTE(lax4life32 @ Apr 1 2007 - 02:54 PM) 826427659[/snapback]I know they are different but they arent that much different the same guys that are scoring this year scored last year and yes they have developed their skills somewhat from what they were last year but not as much as everyone says and the goalie is better but he was ver good last year and was underrated. Also i think DII this year is weaker than it has been in past years.

I dont think Division 2 is any weaker than last year. Yes there are at least 3 new teams, but that is what Division 2 is designed for (to grow the sport of lacrosse). Therefore it seems like Franklin should have moved up this year to D1. I know it is to late now, but I hope they make the right decision next year and move up especially if they win back to back state titles.

Its nice to see that they are doing so well, but winning by an average of 13 goals a game, c'mon. That is not helping them or the other D2 teams. If they were in D1 the players would be getting even better, plus at the end of the year they maybe up for better post season awards, and the team could be in the D1 fianl 4 and not the D2 final 4.

It will be interesting to see how they do the 4 D1 games, but I think they will win 3 of 4, and if they do I think that needs to be the last proof that they need to move up.

QUOTE(24/7lax @ Apr 1 2007 - 07:29 PM) 826427803[/snapback]I dont think Division 2 is any weaker than last year. Yes there are at least 3 new teams, but that is what Division 2 is designed for (to grow the sport of lacrosse). Therefore it seems like Franklin should have moved up this year to D1. I know it is to late now, but I hope they make the right decision next year and move up especially if they win back to back state titles.

Its nice to see that they are doing so well, but winning by an average of 13 goals a game, c'mon. That is not helping them or the other D2 teams. If they were in D1 the players would be getting even better, plus at the end of the year they maybe up for better post season awards, and the team could be in the D1 fianl 4 and not the D2 final 4.

It will be interesting to see how they do the 4 D1 games, but I think they will win 3 of 4, and if they do I think that needs to be the last proof that they need to move up.

I agree with you. I will take it one step further and say that all first year teams should play jv. This way they can improve their skills while not getting blown out every game. Take Hendersonville for example, this is their second year and their skills are now good enough to compete with almost every team. I also think, if Franklin wins DII and beats at least 2 of the 4 DI teams they play, they should be moved up.

DI final four? whoa whoa whoa

[/quot

Is that really a question??? Its the same every year.....MBA MUS Mcallie Ravenwood, I predict Ravenwood with the trophy this year.

Carrying on the Franklin conversation though, honestly those boys are just in the zone this season. Whoever said Ravenwood by 10, is seriously mistaken. In my opinion, Franklin is a lock for D-2 championship, and a lock for moving to D-1 next year, even though they lose 15-20 seniors.

Another thought, instead of the talk of having 1 division, why not do a third division. That way you would have all of the start up and second year teams a division where there would be competive with eachother and you wouldn't have the 26-0 blow outs.

QUOTE(LXFAN @ Apr 2 2007 - 01:41 AM) 826428025[/snapback]

QUOTE(MiniShields @ Apr 1 2007 - 08:18 PM) 826427853[/snapback]

DI final four? whoa whoa whoa

Is that really a question??? Its the same every year.....MBA MUS Mcallie Ravenwood, I predict Ravenwood with the trophy this year.

Carrying on the Franklin conversation though, honestly those boys are just in the zone this season. Whoever said Ravenwood by 10, is seriously mistaken. In my opinion, Franklin is a lock for D-2 championship, and a lock for moving to D-1 next year, even though they lose 15-20 seniors.

Another thought, instead of the talk of having 1 division, why not do a third division. That way you would have all of the start up and second year teams a division where there would be competive with eachother and you wouldn't have the 26-0 blow outs.

West Knox had a 23 point game against Cleveland also so i dont see what the big deal is Farragut also had a 27 point loss so yes you still have those in DI and Franklin will lose about 13 this year and not all are starters or key players. I doubt Ravenwood will be able to top MBA in the finals but i could see them as making it to the finals maybe this year.