School Fan Support

PinballWizard

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Mar 26 2007 - 06:52 PM) 826423291[/snapback]The good teams of Chattanooga usually get pretty full crowds. I know CCS, CSAS, Notre Dame, Baylor, and McCallie all get great crowds on any given night.

You are right. Baylor, McCallie, Notre Dame and CCS all bring in a good crowd. The Baylor vs McCallie game is always totally packed.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Mar 26 2007 - 09:23 PM) 826423529[/snapback]This is a great point...The lack of press. I see all kinds of articles about baseball and softball, but very little about soccer (I am speaking of the Knoxville area). In this area, there has been far more championship from soccer than any other sport- yet very little coverage!! That stinks!! The only way to change it is too contact the local papers! This is true of the rest of the state also. It is annoying to read about a sport where fat kids who can't run more than 50 yds without needing oxygen, get headlines!

The sad thing is, we did contact the local paper, asking if they were going to do an article like they did with softball and baseball (shoot, every coach filled out 3 pages of questions) They said they were not going to do one. Go figure...

The West Side Shopper (new newspaper?) did a good article this past week, but it only contained about 4 teams.

Well i am a fan of Morristown West, and i really do not get to see many other games than the ones they play, but just like the other teams, rival games are huge but i like to think we are one of the best when it comes to fan support at West. Every home game we have the same four guys paint their bodies with west while many other underclassmen and girls paint there faces and march into the stadium with flags. Hence Lenior Cities comment about our unrully fans. I haven't been to a game that has better fan support than that.

QUOTE(COMPAQ MAN 3 @ Mar 27 2007 - 10:36 AM) 826423870[/snapback]Well i am a fan of Morristown West, and i really do not get to see many other games than the ones they play, but just like the other teams, rival games are huge but i like to think we are one of the best when it comes to fan support at West. Every home game we have the same four guys paint their bodies with west while many other underclassmen and girls paint there faces and march into the stadium with flags. Hence Lenior Cities comment about our unrully fans. I haven't been to a game that has better fan support than that.

True dat. Coming from one of the best fans sections during football season.....Morristown West has some very loyal fans and they are very loud. Unfortunately.....they sometimes get a little out of hand.