School Fan Support

PinballWizard

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for the big games they are packed (i.e. Bearden Farragut, or Catholic CAK). Most of the other times, it is just parents and girlfriends, with a few loyal fans!

I know it sounds weird, though, but when the game starts, I really don't even pay attention to the crowds. I couldn't tell you how many people were there or not.

I can't go to any FHS games this year so i can't say what its like this year. but last year Farragut had pretty good support. I think the West region tourney game had the most students(that i could remember) for any of the games other than when Farragut played Bearden. In 2004 the support wasn't that great other than when they played Bearden. Since Farragut is/was good and couldn't draw many then i would assume that the majority of other schools get basically no support. I haven't been to an away Farragut game other than @ Bearden, so I can't really say that other schools don't show support, but with the lack of press that soccer gets around here it wouldnt be hard for me to believe if the number of students for a knoxville area game didn't exceed 7.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Mar 26 2007 - 10:52 PM) 826423490[/snapback]I can't go to any FHS games this year so i can't say what its like this year. but last year Farragut had pretty good support. I think the West region tourney game had the most students(that i could remember) for any of the games other than when Farragut played Bearden. In 2004 the support wasn't that great other than when they played Bearden. Since Farragut is/was good and couldn't draw many then i would assume that the majority of other schools get basically no support. I haven't been to an away Farragut game other than @ Bearden, so I can't really say that other schools don't show support, but with the lack of press that soccer gets around here it wouldnt be hard for me to believe if the number of students for a knoxville area game didn't exceed 7.

This is a great point...The lack of press. I see all kinds of articles about baseball and softball, but very little about soccer (I am speaking of the Knoxville area). In this area, there has been far more championship from soccer than any other sport- yet very little coverage!! That stinks!! The only way to change it is too contact the local papers! This is true of the rest of the state also. It is annoying to read about a sport where fat kids who can't run more than 50 yds without needing oxygen, get headlines!