Jeremy Sexton vs. Dante Hampton

LOLLIPOP

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeremy Sexton reminds me at times of Martell Powell who could dominate or disappear. It depends on what he wants to do with basketball and how hard he wants to work. He has talent, we will just have to wait and see is he becomes a dominant player.

Dontay Hampton needs to work on his ballhandling and develop a consistent three point shot. If he does these two, he will be a D-I prospect. He has such passion for the game that when coupled with his length and defensive ability, he will be recruited by a lot of big schools when his game is complete. He has an advantage in that he is a point guard.

QUOTE(global98 @ Apr 3 2007 - 04:00 PM) 826429147[/snapback]Jeremy Sexton reminds me at times of Martell Powell who could dominate or disappear. It depends on what he wants to do with basketball and how hard he wants to work. He has talent, we will just have to wait and see is he becomes a dominant player.

Dontay Hampton needs to work on his ballhandling and develop a consistent three point shot. If he does these two, he will be a D-I prospect. He has such passion for the game that when coupled with his length and defensive ability, he will be recruited by a lot of big schools when his game is complete. He has an advantage in that he is a point guard.

How tall is he? I have seen CSAS play numerous times over the last few years and three times this year and I did not see any D-1 prospects out there.

QUOTE(redandwhiteforever @ Apr 3 2007 - 10:17 PM) 826429412[/snapback]How tall is he? I have seen CSAS play numerous times over the last few years and three times this year and I did not see any D-1 prospects out there.

I guess you have never played or coached D-1. I believe Hampton will play D-1. He is playing for the Ballerz Blue team and he will get a lot of looks this summer beginning this weekend in Arkansas at the Real Deal on the Hill.

QUOTE(THELEGEND @ Apr 4 2007 - 06:27 AM) 826429537[/snapback]I guess you have never played or coached D-1. I believe Hampton will play D-1. He is playing for the Ballerz Blue team and he will get a lot of looks this summer beginning this weekend in Arkansas at the Real Deal on the Hill.

Maybe he will, I have been wrong before. Going to the big AAU tounaments will help his chances. I would say he is going to have to get alot better to play D-I. He is about to be a senior and if he hasnt gotten any interest yet from d-1's it is really late in the game. If he goes division 1 i will be surprised and if he ever sees the floor on a D-1 i will be shocked. Look at Caleb Skogan, he went to Mercer (low level d-1) and didnt play. Now if he would have stayed he might have but we dont know. And there is no way Hampton is better that Caleb. Caleb was a heck of a high school basketball player. But I will have to pay more attention to Hamptons game next time I see him play.

A lot depends on the year you are being recruited, the needs of the programs interested in you, etc. The best player in CSAS history, Porter Roberts, played for a low level AAU team and never went to any high exposure camps. He was not looked at anyone until the fall of his senior year yet he signed with Purdue Univ. after turning down Villanova and Connecticut. Hampton could have a simiar situation. It is up to him. Point guard is a great place to be if you are smart, can play defense, and have lots of length. He needs to work on his ballhandling and his jump shot, but both of those are doable.

QUOTE(global98 @ Apr 4 2007 - 09:25 AM) 826429672[/snapback]A lot depends on the year you are being recruited, the needs of the programs interested in you, etc. The best player in CSAS history, Porter Roberts, played for a low level AAU team and never went to any high exposure camps. He was not looked at anyone until the fall of his senior year yet he signed with Purdue Univ. after turning down Villanova and Connecticut. Hampton could have a simiar situation. It is up to him. Point guard is a great place to be if you are smart, can play defense, and have lots of length. He needs to work on his ballhandling and his jump shot, but both of those are doable.

I have seen Hampton play many times and I just dont see it!!! Dont even begin to compare him to Roberts the only thing is that they attended the same school. Honestly I dont see that many chattanooga players going D-1 in basketball. Our basketball is way down from what it use to be. Howard was the best team in the city and D.Ricks is the best player in the city and I dont think he will even go D-1. Phillip Jurick from East Ridge is the only player in the city that will go D-1

QUOTE(t-mac @ Apr 4 2007 - 11:07 AM) 826429778[/snapback]I have seen Hampton play many times and I just dont see it!!! Dont even begin to compare him to Roberts the only thing is that they attended the same school. Honestly I dont see that many chattanooga players going D-1 in basketball. Our basketball is way down from what it use to be. Howard was the best team in the city and D.Ricks is the best player in the city and I dont think he will even go D-1. Phillip Jurick from East Ridge is the only player in the city that will go D-1

Carter McMasters will also go D-1 if they could get all of those kids off the streets and out of those so-called gangs that they think they are in there would be a whole lot more D-1 talent in the Chattanooga gyms

QUOTE(icecold06 @ Apr 4 2007 - 12:13 PM) 826429850[/snapback]Carter McMasters will also go D-1 if they could get all of those kids off the streets and out of those so-called gangs that they think they are in there would be a whole lot more D-1 talent in the Chattanooga gyms

You are so correct. Look at Michael Ford, he would have been hands down the best player in the city and maybe even the state. I dont know what legend is talkn about "broom closets". But I dont think McMasters has the potential to go D-1. I just cant see it. And Hampton is a good player and I hope I am not upsetting any of the CSAS fans but he will not go D-1 either.

QUOTE(t-mac @ Apr 4 2007 - 01:02 PM) 826429906[/snapback]You are so correct. Look at Michael Ford, he would have been hands down the best player in the city and maybe even the state. I dont know what legend is talkn about "broom closets". But I dont think McMasters has the potential to go D-1. I just cant see it. And Hampton is a good player and I hope I am not upsetting any of the CSAS fans but he will not go D-1 either.

if you know anything about college basketball (not saying that you dont ) but there are a lot of guys playing D-1 that arent D-1, I mean there's 300+ D-1 programs if you find that right one in the right situation you can go D-1 with D-2 and NAIA talent Carter McMasters will go D-1 he is 6'10 every D-1 coach in the country is looking at him, he may not be D-1 talent but he is 6'10 you cant coach that,