Farragut Baseball

braves4life

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they are 8-4 right now. 4-2 in the district. Started out 0-3.They were on a 6 game win streak until the Science Hill game. I haven't been to a game but my guess is that so far they have struggled with pitching at times, but mostly I think its been the fact that early on they couldn't get hits when they needed them, but recently they have won some extra inning games. I know in the Science Hill game they had a some problems fielding. I think this season could be like last year. They struggle a little early and in the middle of the season then really pick it up in the post season. They have been playing some tough teams so far. Losses to Science Hill, Bearden, and South Doyle, but they beat DB. So I think it will be hard to tell how they will be come May.

QUOTE(bob367 @ Mar 29 2007 - 01:25 AM) 826425521[/snapback]think they will pull another state champinonship?

even tho they usually start out slow ad pick up towards the end....i think that this year is farragut's down season....they pitched their ace Ramsey against South Doyle and SD had litle to no trouble winning that game....Holland threw excellent and Brentz closed the door with his 91 mile an hour CHEESE.....altho farragut has a great squad this year and in the past and probably in the future i think that this year it is someone elses turn for state....Good luck to all teams in district 4aaa....thanks guys

QUOTE(DOC.HOLIDAY @ Mar 29 2007 - 01:42 PM) 826425828[/snapback]even tho they usually start out slow ad pick up towards the end....i think that this year is farragut's down season....they pitched their ace Ramsey against South Doyle and SD had litle to no trouble winning that game....Holland threw excellent and Brentz closed the door with his 91 mile an hour CHEESE.....altho farragut has a great squad this year and in the past and probably in the future i think that this year it is someone elses turn for state....Good luck to all teams in district 4aaa....thanks guys

you can't tell me they didn't have trouble...the score was 4-2 and they scored two of those on a fluke homerun by the catcher...and if zurcher hadn't of made some of the best plays at short stop i've seen in a long time, it would've been a completely different ballgame...bryce brentz's fastball= ridiculous

QUOTE(braves4life @ Mar 29 2007 - 06:20 PM) 826426041[/snapback]you can't tell me they didn't have trouble...the score was 4-2 and they scored two of those on a fluke homerun by the catcher...and if zurcher hadn't of made some of the best plays at short stop i've seen in a long time, it would've been a completely different ballgame...bryce brentz's fastball= ridiculous

well.....the two runs that farragut did have were scored at the end of the game and i doubt that a homerun against a good pitcher like Ramsey isnt a fluke....Conley can hit it hard give credit where itis due and the only way that it was a fluke was if Ramsey missed his spot and i have to give the guy credit he didnt miss his spots hardly at all that nite...yea Brentz's fastball is sick...and the fact is, is that zurcher did make those plays....hes that good, that wasnt a fluke or luck that happens every game.....so but yea i guess i shouldnt have said that they had little or no trouble but it was a big ime win after the last time SD and Farragut were matched up....it made a statement i thought

QUOTE(DOC.HOLIDAY @ Mar 31 2007 - 10:50 PM) 826427342[/snapback]well.....the two runs that farragut did have were scored at the end of the game and i doubt that a homerun against a good pitcher like Ramsey isnt a fluke....Conley can hit it hard give credit where itis due and the only way that it was a fluke was if Ramsey missed his spot and i have to give the guy credit he didnt miss his spots hardly at all that nite...yea Brentz's fastball is sick...and the fact is, is that zurcher did make those plays....hes that good, that wasnt a fluke or luck that happens every game.....so but yea i guess i shouldnt have said that they had little or no trouble but it was a big ime win after the last time SD and Farragut were matched up....it made a statement i thought

oh i guess this connor guy always hits homeruns on change up's at his feet and away? and i never said zurcher's plays were a fluke if i remember correctly. the game was at the beginning of the year. and frankly that's why farragut is the best, because they don't concern themselves with where theyre at in march. it's all about may and the playoffs and that's when all the other teams start to tire and farragut is at their best

QUOTE(braves4life @ Mar 31 2007 - 11:50 PM) 826427381[/snapback]oh i guess this connor guy always hits homeruns on change up's at his feet and away? and i never said zurcher's plays were a fluke if i remember correctly. the game was at the beginning of the year. and frankly that's why farragut is the best, because they don't concern themselves with where theyre at in march. it's all about may and the playoffs and that's when all the other teams start to tire and farragut is at their best

#1 his name is spelled in plain sight its Conley..yea but u said if he didnt make those plays then it would have been a differnet game...how do u no that bc if those balls did get by into the outfeild they were both just singles so there would have been guys on 1st and 2nd with 1 out a ground ball to the infeild would have ended that inning we could change the whole game with wat ifs.....and if farragut didnt care then why did they go ahead and throw their ace...why didnt they throw their #2 and save ramsey for later??? the fact that he did hit an away change-up on kingston pike just makes it more obvious that he is a strong solid hitter...and it was not at his feet it was low but it still would have been a strike if he didnt swing...thats why he swung

QUOTE(DOC.HOLIDAY @ Apr 1 2007 - 02:33 AM) 826427447[/snapback]#1 his name is spelled in plain sight its Conley..yea but u said if he didnt make those plays then it would have been a differnet game...how do u no that bc if those balls did get by into the outfeild they were both just singles so there would have been guys on 1st and 2nd with 1 out a ground ball to the infeild would have ended that inning we could change the whole game with wat ifs.....and if farragut didnt care then why did they go ahead and throw their ace...why didnt they throw their #2 and save ramsey for later??? the fact that he did hit an away change-up on kingston pike just makes it more obvious that he is a strong solid hitter...and it was not at his feet it was low but it still would have been a strike if he didnt swing...thats why he swung

i never said they didn't care. sure it wouldve been nice to win that game, but in the big scheme of things, it really doesnt matter because it's an early game. farragut is still second in the district and they will do very well in the tournament.

QUOTE(braves4life @ Apr 1 2007 - 11:12 AM) 826427502[/snapback]i never said they didn't care. sure it wouldve been nice to win that game, but in the big scheme of things, it really doesnt matter because it's an early game. farragut is still second in the district and they will do very well in the tournament.

hey man...in the words of great racer and champion "if ya aint first ur last"....trademark and copywright and not to be used with out the writtin permission of Ricky Bobby...i guess we will se wat happens here in about week i guess.....and o yea i agree with u on the other thread about wat the willb fan said....i mean seriously i am a SD fan obviously but get with the program bearden and farragut r way better than willyb...did Bearden move to #2 after beating farragut??...ne one no?

QUOTE(DOC.HOLIDAY @ Apr 1 2007 - 06:47 PM) 826427718[/snapback]hey man...in the words of great racer and champion "if ya aint first ur last"....trademark and copywright and not to be used with out the writtin permission of Ricky Bobby...i guess we will se wat happens here in about week i guess.....and o yea i agree with u on the other thread about wat the willb fan said....i mean seriously i am a SD fan obviously but get with the program bearden and farragut r way better than willyb...did Bearden move to #2 after beating farragut??...ne one no?

i think farragut is 2nd, followed by either bearden or WB? im not 100 percent sure though