What is the most popular formation in TN hs soccer and what are the pr

cchssoccer

QUOTE(itsaboutthegame @ Apr 13 2007 - 11:37 PM) 826437200[/snapback]a flat back four is an offsides trap because the back 4 defenders are flat in a line. You can play a four back with the two center backs dropping off a few yards. But a flat back is designed to press the field forward. The with a four back the center backs move and drop off in a line depending on where the ball is on the field

A 4 man defense should not be an offensive trap, it should be based on pressure and shiftings, if the ball is on the left, the left center slides, the right center is diagonal of the left center, and the right back is diagonal to the right center, making him the last defender, since alot of the players are on one side, it is up to the midfield to play smart defense and pressure with support, the 4 man defense is high pressure and the forwards have to take the drop away, this is formed to keep the ball in their own offensive third, so you are right when you say that the 4 man defense is used to push the play forward, but it is pushed forward gradually over possession and if they lose possession the high pressure tries to make a quick turn over by making a player make a decision quicker than he would like.

it is very effective if played right. and i love watching effective teams use it.

at least that's my take on the 4 man defense it seems there are may takes on it and i think that is a good thing

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic