Centennial Vs. Independence

usasoccer0024

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(usasoccer0024 @ Mar 30 2007 - 11:00 AM) 826426516[/snapback]What are the Predictions for this game? I'm going with Centennial 3-0 seeing as how Independence has never beaten them yet. I think Independence will come in over confident because for what ever reason they have been ranked so high this year.

I think that it will be a good game and in no way a blow out like that. Independence has a strong team, and that can be seen based on their scores against Father Ryan and Bearden. The games were close. Centennial also has a great team and a great coach. The game will be 2-1 in favor of Independence. The Franklin game that the Centennial team showed up to is in no way a representation of Independence soccer, much like the Franklin game against BGA was in no way a good example of Franklin soccer. It will be a good game.

QUOTE(usasoccer0024 @ Mar 30 2007 - 11:00 AM) 826426516[/snapback]What are the Predictions for this game? I'm going with Centennial 3-0 seeing as how Independence has never beaten them yet. I think Independence will come in over confident because for what ever reason they have been ranked so high this year.

The fact that Independence has never beaten Centennial is something not even worth noting. This year is Independence's 3rd year in exsitence, which means that this is their first year that they will have a strong group of seniors returning, with Moses up top, and Ben working the middle they are a great team. Personally I have played against both programs this year and can say that Independence is a bigger threat. Even with tough loses against Franklin and Father Ryan, Independence remains a big threat in AAA play. Centennial is a team that, for lack of better words, has no rhythm . If Independence can mount a strong offensive attack it should be their game. My prediction is Independence 2-1.

QUOTE(adidasking @ Mar 31 2007 - 12:54 PM) 826427128[/snapback]The fact that Independence has never beaten Centennial is something not even worth noting. This year is Independence's 3rd year in exsitence, which means that this is their first year that they will have a strong group of seniors returning, with Moses up top, and Ben working the middle they are a great team. Personally I have played against both programs this year and can say that Independence is a bigger threat. Even with tough loses against Franklin and Father Ryan, Independence remains a big threat in AAA play. Centennial is a team that, for lack of better words, has no rhythm . If Independence can mount a strong offensive attack it should be their game. My prediction is Independence 2-1.

How can you say thats not worth mentioning. like you just said yourself they only have returning seniors and obviously those seniors aren't whats gonna help independence.They've had three years to work on beating Centennial and haven't done it yet. What would be rhythm? Centennial has played very tough teams so far (BGA and JP2), and done pretty well against them. Who has independence beat this year that is actually a hard team? What a bright idea a stong offensive attack will win the game.

QUOTE(usasoccer0024 @ Apr 1 2007 - 06:42 PM) 826427769[/snapback]How can you say thats not worth mentioning. like you just said yourself they only have returning seniors and obviously those seniors aren't whats gonna help independence.They've had three years to work on beating Centennial and haven't done it yet. What would be rhythm? Centennial has played very tough teams so far (BGA and JP2), and done pretty well against them. Who has independence beat this year that is actually a hard team? What a bright idea a stong offensive attack will win the game.

independence might not have beaten centennial yet, but centennial hasn't had to play independence without dc, jason sparks, and harrison cheatham yet either... this is an entirely different centennial team than the one they fielded last year, and the fact that indy hasn't beaten them yet means absolutely nothing. seing as how i play for independence, i'm going to shy away from making a prediction.

QUOTE(jimcalhoon @ Apr 2 2007 - 09:23 PM) 826428577[/snapback]it was a good game.

give ihs more credit. who ever said ihs would lose 3-0 was totally off.

Well i was partially correct at least on the score part. This game was fairly even in the beginning. each team had chances Centennial putting some of the posts and independence played their thru balls to moses. One thing to note is that CHS was missing their starting Forward who was sick and Head coach Sandy Pollack was out of town. I think if these teams meet back up it will be closer than tonight as long as both teams stay healthy. CHS has a hard fight ahead of them but i think they can do it as long as they stick together and keep on keepin on.

QUOTE(usasoccer0024 @ Apr 2 2007 - 09:59 PM) 826428601[/snapback]Well i was partially correct at least on the score part. This game was fairly even in the beginning. each team had chances Centennial putting some of the posts and independence played their thru balls to moses. One thing to note is that CHS was missing their starting Forward who was sick and Head coach Sandy Pollack was out of town. I think if these teams meet back up it will be closer than tonight as long as both teams stay healthy. CHS has a hard fight ahead of them but i think they can do it as long as they stick together and keep on keepin on.

funny how you lose the game and THEN the excuses start flying.... "well, coach was out of town...", "tyson was sick..."... whatever, you were off by six on your prediction. and centennial had one ball go off the post the whole game, not "some". chs really didn't have a whole lot of chances to score, and if we (indy) had executed better it would have been 5-0.

QUOTE(eaglekeeper2 @ Apr 4 2007 - 08:34 AM) 826429584[/snapback]funny how you lose the game and THEN the excuses start flying.... "well, coach was out of town...", "tyson was sick..."... whatever, you were off by six on your prediction. and centennial had one ball go off the post the whole game, not "some". chs really didn't have a whole lot of chances to score, and if we (indy) had executed better it would have been 5-0.

There was another ball that hit the post the one from outside the 18 that hit the top of the crossbar. How enlightening of course if any team executes better then the scores gonna be different.

QUOTE(usasoccer0024 @ Apr 4 2007 - 10:53 AM) 826429705[/snapback]There was another ball that hit the post the one from outside the 18 that hit the top of the crossbar. How enlightening of course if any team executes better then the scores gonna be different.

haha yea thats crazy, if they execute better in every game they should take home the state title.