COSBY EAGLES 07-08

EAGLE69&74

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want to go over coach Shelton's head, so I will not say who our starter is going to be. That will be up to Shelton and Hall. I will tell you that we have three boys that are very talented, and could all see pt in some form next year. One of these young men has some experience and great potential so he probablly has the nod right now. But again, I dont want to say for sure cause the BOSS may not want it out right now.

I dont want to go over coach Shelton's head, so I will not say who our starter is going to be. That will be up to Shelton and Hall. I will tell you that we have three boys that are very talented, and could all see pt in some form next year. One of these young men has some experience and great potential so he probablly has the nod right now. But again, I dont want to say for sure cause the BOSS may not want it out right now.

[/

When does spring ball get crankin? also do we have a new d cordinater. to take it to the next level in the playoffs we cannot get out coached in the x's and o's. i feel this happened in our losses last season..

QUOTE(The_Alliance34 @ Apr 16 2007 - 08:35 PM) 826439001[/snapback]the coaches seemed pretty good to me, i think they have over achieved in the past two seasons due to the good coaching. which games do you think cosby got out coached in last season?

They got out coached in the hampton game by far. They were able to take a second string tailback, who did not get many snaps and beat you guys.

i really dont think youall got outcoached by hampton, not taking anything away from hamptons coaches, but hampton was the better team. youall were lucky to make the game as close as it was. alot changes when your star rb goes down at the first of the game. if youall would have played hampton last game of the year even without adam they would have beat youall by about 3 td's.

QUOTE(The_Alliance34 @ Apr 18 2007 - 01:36 PM) 826440350[/snapback]i really dont think youall got outcoached by hampton, not taking anything away from hamptons coaches, but hampton was the better team. youall were lucky to make the game as close as it was. alot changes when your star rb goes down at the first of the game. if youall would have played hampton last game of the year even without adam they would have beat youall by about 3 td's.

I will be the first one to say that the back up rb was no push over. Maybe not as experienced as AT, but just as talented. I think that 28-21 is not getting out-coached. And, honestly I don't think the score would have been much different if we had played the last game of the year, or if Hampton had AT the whole game. I still think that people have a hard time facing the fact that Cosby was just a good ball team last year, and that our future looks pretty bright.

Plus, nobody from Cosby talks about the fact that Cosby was driving for a possible game tying TD when the officials decided to over-rule an incomplete pass and call it a fumble, and start the clock without motioning that it was a fumble. Where was the bean bag??? Would Cosby have won the game, probablly not. Hampton was the better team. But we were in the hunt.

We have three young men workin hard and with loads of talent , two of them are very young however. QB won't be the biggest shoes to fill however remember Rone had possibly the two fastest WR in 1A last year to throw to along with a third reciever who was tall could leap and caught everything thrown his way. The new QB steppin in might not have those kinda weapons to throw to. As far as being outcoached I felt like the one game we were outcoached in last year we won and I wouldn't call that outcoached as much as they executed a solid game plan in the first half until we adjusted and put the game away in the second half. The two losses one (hampton) was just a dogfight we came up 20 yards short of and the playoff game I promise we didn't coach our kids to give up 10 turnovers. You can't beat a good little league team with 10 turnovers.

• 2 months later...

We have three young men workin hard and with loads of talent , two of them are very young however. QB won't be the biggest shoes to fill however remember Rone had possibly the two fastest WR in 1A last year to throw to along with a third reciever who was tall could leap and caught everything thrown his way. The new QB steppin in might not have those kinda weapons to throw to. As far as being outcoached I felt like the one game we were outcoached in last year we won and I wouldn't call that outcoached as much as they executed a solid game plan in the first half until we adjusted and put the game away in the second half. The two losses one (hampton) was just a dogfight we came up 20 yards short of and the playoff game I promise we didn't coach our kids to give up 10 turnovers. You can't beat a good little league team with 10 turnovers.

Outcoached or not I think the Cosby Eagles are awesome! GO EAGLES!!!!

[/ When does spring ball get crankin? also do we have a new d cordinater. to take it to the next level in the playoffs we cannot get out coached in the x's and o's. i feel this happened in our losses last season..

Are you out of your mind? Our Defense last year gave up less than 9 points a game. Anyone who knows x's and o's can tell you that Cosby had the best D last year in quite possibly the program's history. What is your problem with the D coordinator? Hey here's an idea, stop hiding behind your sorry screen name, put together a defensive scheme better than Coach Yoakum's and take it to Coach Shelton along with your resume'. But let me guarantee you this, you'll get laughed at. I know for a fact Shelton and Hall tried for 2 years to get Yoakum from Pigeon Forge and he didn't want to leave the Tigers. After all the work that went in to getting him in Cosby, they're not lettin' go of him any time soon! As for whatever personal problem you have with the D.C., help yourself out, be a man, state your name and your problem and stop looking like a total moron by insulting one of the best defenses in 1a.

[/ When does spring ball get crankin? also do we have a new d cordinater. to take it to the next level in the playoffs we cannot get out coached in the x's and o's. i feel this happened in our losses last season..

Are you out of your mind? Our Defense last year gave up less than 9 points a game. Anyone who knows x's and o's can tell you that Cosby had the best D last year in quite possibly the program's history. What is your problem with the D coordinator? Hey here's an idea, stop hiding behind your sorry screen name, put together a defensive scheme better than Coach Yoakum's and take it to Coach Shelton along with your resume'. But let me guarantee you this, you'll get laughed at. I know for a fact Shelton and Hall tried for 2 years to get Yoakum from Pigeon Forge and he didn't want to leave the Tigers. After all the work that went in to getting him in Cosby, they're not lettin' go of him any time soon! As for whatever personal problem you have with the D.C., help yourself out, be a man, state your name and your problem and stop looking like a total moron by insulting one of the best defenses in 1a.

I wasn't even sure who the DC was so it was nothing personal, but how can you brag about getting a guy from pigeon forge? what were their records while this guy was there? Players win not coaches and i am anguish to see this staff face some adversary.

I wasn't even sure who the DC was so it was nothing personal, but how can you brag about getting a guy from pigeon forge? what were their records while this guy was there? Players win not coaches and i am anguish to see this staff face some adversary.

They went to the playoffs every year he was there. He wasn't the DC there. I'm not bragging about where he came from. I'm bragging about him. His decision to finally leave PF had to do with all the parental and political involvement with the program. They ran off a head coach who took them to the playoffs every year he was there.

You will never hear a Cosby coach or TRUE Cosby faithful say that the players didn't win the games. The staff the Eagles have right now are bigger fans of those boys than you'll find anywhere, and every thing they do is to help them succeed. In the 2 losses, that's right only 2 losses, (How anyone can gripe about 2 losses?) you want to blame coaching. Go ahead, in the Hampton game, which was only lost by 7 with the Eagles driving to score and stripped of about 19 seconds by questionable officiating, the defense was designed to stop AT which anyone who knows jack about football would tell you that's a pretty good strategy, but when he went down first play of the game the Bulldogs came back out with a back who was just as talented, but with less experience. Everything the Eagles had been prepared for was changed. In the Midway loss there were 10 turnovers. I don't care what sport you're coaching or how good you are at it, turnovers are never in your game plan.

If I'm not mistaken you ran your mouth last year about the DC. You do know who he is because you had a bunch of CRAP to say about him last year. I believe you stated you came from somewhere in Sevier County. You just don't know him like you think you do. If you did and you were a true Cosby fan you'd be glad he wears blue and black now!

And as far as records, Well his first regular season as a DC his boys went 9-1, and his D gave up less than 9 pts a game. There's you a record!

Your comment about wanting the staff to face adversary is senseless. You are not very sports savvy. A staff facing adversary won't make for a successful season anywhere in any sport. Unless of course you truly don't want Cosby to build a winning tradition in football.