COSBY EAGLES 07-08

EAGLE69&74

They went to the playoffs every year he was there. He wasn't the DC there. I'm not bragging about where he came from. I'm bragging about him. His decision to finally leave PF had to do with all the parental and political involvement with the program. They ran off a head coach who took them to the playoffs every year he was there.

You will never hear a Cosby coach or TRUE Cosby faithful say that the players didn't win the games. The staff the Eagles have right now are bigger fans of those boys than you'll find anywhere, and every thing they do is to help them succeed. In the 2 losses, that's right only 2 losses, (How anyone can gripe about 2 losses?) you want to blame coaching. Go ahead, in the Hampton game, which was only lost by 7 with the Eagles driving to score and stripped of about 19 seconds by questionable officiating, the defense was designed to stop AT which anyone who knows jack about football would tell you that's a pretty good strategy, but when he went down first play of the game the Bulldogs came back out with a back who was just as talented, but with less experience. Everything the Eagles had been prepared for was changed. In the Midway loss there were 10 turnovers. I don't care what sport you're coaching or how good you are at it, turnovers are never in your game plan.

If I'm not mistaken you ran your mouth last year about the DC. You do know who he is because you had a bunch of CRAP to say about him last year. I believe you stated you came from somewhere in Sevier County. You just don't know him like you think you do. If you did and you were a true Cosby fan you'd be glad he wears blue and black now!

And as far as records, Well his first regular season as a DC his boys went 9-1, and his D gave up less than 9 pts a game. There's you a record!

Your comment about wanting the staff to face adversary is senseless. You are not very sports savvy. A staff facing adversary won't make for a successful season anywhere in any sport. Unless of course you truly don't want Cosby to build a winning tradition in football.

So .I guess the game plan this season will be to stop Dustin Jaynes, If you do that ,you are going to get thumped. If I could think of all the names you're going to have to stop ,I'd tell you. Just too many to remember.They have 3 quality backs and several good receivers, Oh yeah,they have a QB that can get them the ball. The line will also be a strength. Is it football season yet. GETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTURRRRRRRRRRRRRRDUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So .I guess the game plan this season will be to stop Dustin Jaynes, If you do that ,you are going to get thumped. If I could think of all the names you're going to have to stop ,I'd tell you. Just too many to remember.They have 3 quality backs and several good receivers, Oh yeah,they have a QB that can get them the ball. The line will also be a strength. Is it football season yet. GETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTURRRRRRRRRRRRRRDUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Now Pujo, you know good and well that every DC you guys faced was more concerned with AT than anyone else. I never said the rest of the Dogs were not quality as well, but honestly what did most of your offense consist of? You know that before Townsend went down you guys may have thrown the ball... what, 5 times a game. Don't start on me Puju, I've always supported you guys. When we could of went places a lot closer to watch playoff games last year we followed your bulldogs all over the state. Not just followed them we actually pulled for you guys, and if your passing game had been like it was against us, FC wouldn't have had a chance against you. You've never heard me disrespect you guys on here. I'm not the DC, heck I'm not even on the staff. I have somewhat of the relationship to the Eagles coaching staff that you do to Hampton's staff. I had no intentions of even getting on here this year and I still am not getting into the whole which team will do what thing. I just couldn't sit by and have the best coaching staff in the school's history disrespected. Good Luck to yours Pujo. See you in October.

Now Pujo, you know good and well that every DC you guys faced was more concerned with AT than anyone else. I never said the rest of the Dogs were not quality as well, but honestly what did most of your offense consist of? You know that before Townsend went down you guys may have thrown the ball... what, 5 times a game. Don't start on me Puju, I've always supported you guys. When we could of went places a lot closer to watch playoff games last year we followed your bulldogs all over the state. Not just followed them we actually pulled for you guys, and if your passing game had been like it was against us, FC wouldn't have had a chance against you. You've never heard me disrespect you guys on here. I'm not the DC, heck I'm not even on the staff. I have somewhat of the relationship to the Eagles coaching staff that you do to Hampton's staff. I had no intentions of even getting on here this year and I still am not getting into the whole which team will do what thing. I just couldn't sit by and have the best coaching staff in the school's history disrespected. Good Luck to yours Pujo. See you in October.

Were still buddies and yes everyone came to try to limit Adam, I'd have done the same thing.Thanks to all the Cosby people who supported usand Iwish you guys the best of luck.

I also think your coaches do a heck of a job. I can remember not too long ago when Cosby was a laughing stock in football. You guys have made great strides.

• 4 weeks later...

They got out coached in the hampton game by far. They were able to take a second string tailback, who did not get many snaps and beat you guys.

that wasnt because of us getting us out coached it was because that 2nd string running back was better than townsand.but he got over looked because townsand was a senior.and they didnt even run over us like u are makin it sound

They got out coached in the hampton game by far. They were able to take a second string tailback, who did not get many snaps and beat you guys.

that wasnt because of us getting us out coached it was because that 2nd string running back was better than townsand.but he got over looked because townsand was a senior.and they didnt even run over us like u are makin it sound

And what grade are you in. Do you still believe in Santa Claus. Dustin Jaynes is a great kid and a very good football player. He wasn't as fast , quick or strong as Townsend was. He has worked hard since last season and he really looks good. Hampton had to do a ton of adjusting , not only did Townsend go down, they had a couple of lineman to get hurt, We were playing alot of second teamers. We were fortunate to pull it out with all the shuffling going on. We wern't the same team until a few weeks later. You got beat by a injured Hampton team. You never got to see the real mccoy.

And what grade are you in. Do you still believe in Santa Claus. Dustin Jaynes is a great kid and a very good football player. He wasn't as fast , quick or strong as Townsend was. He has worked hard since last season and he really looks good. Hampton had to do a ton of adjusting , not only did Townsend go down, they had a couple of lineman to get hurt, We were playing alot of second teamers. We were fortunate to pull it out with all the shuffling going on. We wern't the same team until a few weeks later. You got beat by a injured Hampton team. You never got to see the real mccoy.

Now Pujo, if they're still discussing last years loss, trying to make excuses, acting like they were close. Oct. 19, 2007 is really gonna hurt their feelings!! No hard feelings toward Cosby, I wish 'em all the LUCK, But REALITY is gonna slap 'em in the face!!

The thing that gets me is, it seems to be a common belief in Cosbyland,that when Adam went down at the start of the game that it somehow hurt Cosby and was the extra help Hampton needed to get the win. Idon't like getting mean on here, but thats about the craziest reasoning I've ever heard. Ahealthy Hampton would have destroyed Cosby.

Now Pujo, if they're still discussing last years loss, trying to make excuses, acting like they were close. Oct. 19, 2007 is really gonna hurt their feelings!! No hard feelings toward Cosby, I wish 'em all the LUCK, But REALITY is gonna slap 'em in the face!!

Thats pretty funny."Acting like it was close"? In my two years of playing Hampton we lost by a total of 23 points. I think I scored that many on cloudland myself last year. Id worry about Cloudland first. lol