D-1 Prospects in Chattanooga Area

Tha Chosen One

QUOTE(spydaman2405 @ Apr 8 2007 - 04:44 PM) 826432529[/snapback]I mean ricks may very well be the best in the city. If so what is he ranked according to the top recruiting websites? Has rivals or scout.com come to see him play? I'm just wondering. Even if he is the best in Chattanooga what does that mean? Chattanooga basketball doesn't get any respect around the state for a reason. Ricks is what 6'3( I'm assuming). JaJuan Smith was probably the best player to come out of this area in a while and he had to walk on!! Jurick and McMasters will sign at big-time DI programs. I know it's not fair but no matter how good he is he won't be 6'10!

Im glad that you at least admitted that Ricks MAY be the best player. Unfortunately his size is what is hurting him on the scouting report but he can flat out play and can play with anyone. However, its small things to a giant and he can over come it because he is a hustlin tiger. Hustlin Tigers prove critics wrong time in and time out. Look at Johnny Taylor he had to prove himself, look at what Rashard is doin, and not to mention Terdell Sands who everybody counted out and he just signed for 17 mill

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(t-mac @ Apr 6 2007 - 01:44 PM) 826431338[/snapback]Why would Ricks, Allen, or Taylor need juco when they have the grades and talent. Not to mention they are good kids, and they are already playing for a coach who stresses discipline to the fullest. I really wouldnt be mad if these kids went to juco because they would still be getting an education. Its funny that juco does work for Howard players(Johnny Taylor, Rashard Jones-Jennings). If Ricks is not the best player in the city then who is. I can resect you disagreeing but if not Ricks then who? Please tell me someone else in the city who has the type of game that Ricks has. Jurick developed into a beast towards the end of the season. The top three players next year will be Ricks, Jurick and Brandon Allen. Hopefully Dominique Taylor will get back on track if so he can be in the top three. But why will the best player in the city need juco

The reason is because out of the 3 howard players named, Dominique Taylor is the only one with the legitimate size to play his position D-1. I think that it is obvious that Darius Ricks is one of the best players in Chattanooga, at his size though he would be a guard, and i don't see that happening at a D-1 college.

If Howard had the top 2 or 3, or will have the top 2 or 3 next year, they should have gone 35-0 until facing Liberty and maybe beating them. You say the coach stresses discipline but he went on and on about how the players started playing "streetball" in any loss they had, including in the state. Who is at fault when the players won't follow the coach's plan?

[/quote

Its so hard to go undefeated. They only lost 4 games this year up untill the state and each team they lost to they beat. These kids are about what 15-17 years old, they all stray away from what the plan is suppose to do but they were by far the most consistant team in the city. The only team that had a real shot at beating them on a night in and night out basis was East Ridge and that was on the shoulders of which Jurick showed up that night. If you dont agree give me names of the players that are coming back that are better than Ricks, Taylor, and Allen

The reason is because out of the 3 howard players named, Dominique Taylor is the only one with the legitimate size to play his position D-1. I think that it is obvious that Darius Ricks is one of the best players in Chattanooga, at his size though he would be a guard, and i don't see that happening at a D-1 college.

[/quote

Do you read the paper!! The coach at TSU told Rashard Jones-Jennings that he would be better off playing Intermeurals. Look at him now. He leads the nation in rebounding and has a shot at going to the NBA. So with you saying that, I like Ricks odds