WARTBURG HIGH SCHOOL

Deerhunter44

QUOTE(east tennessee kid @ Apr 3 2007 - 08:26 PM) 826429217[/snapback]
CY Jacket????

If you know so much about school board policies then why are you not running for school board member? The amount for head coaches in high school basketball, football is $3000.00 not 1500.00. Also I believe that the board members would approve the supplements if it is not going to cost the board any more than it pays not.. :blink:

Because I can't sit on two county boards at the same time. I sit on the superior board that approves all budgets, just not the school budget but all. That is why. The Board members may very well approve the supplement addition if paid as asserted. The County Commission will not approve a county sponsored supplemental increase for just one coach, and further, probably not any coaches. The budget is too tight. "If it it not going to cost the board any more than it pays not...." What ever that means but it will costs more that you have to consider.

Before it should be approved, the money should be paid up front by the boosters providing a incorporation charter registered with the State of Tennessee and a 501© 3 non profit standing with the IRS. Further, there is more involved than just the salary. There is the FICA an FWHT that must be paid and that would also have to be met by the boosters.

The other community schools in this county has not done this to "improve the program", I find it odd that dog town finds it necessary. Hmmmmm? desparation maybe?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our community is willing to step up and attempt to improve our program because we feel that it has the potential to be very good. CRY Jacket you have an overly elevated opinion of yourself. We are not ignorant and understand what is necessary in order to pay this money...We have booster clubs established for every sport so we know how that works.

There are two good groups of young players at Wartburg Incoming Freshman and Sophmores and I think that in the not too distant future you'll see a great deal of improvement in the program. Also, I don't think that anyone is asking you to approve a suppliment for just one coach....I think your problem is this.......If the business that is in wartburg plus a couple of big donors got truly behind bulldog athletics it would be impossible for Coalfield to compete with us in the funding department.

I think that you are going to see a much more concentrated effort to improve ALL of our programs in Wartburg. Basketball is doing fine, Baseball is OK, and Football is going to be much more competitive...oh yeah and we also do quite well academically. CRY you can rest assured that your money is being spent well in this community.

Isn't there a Coalfield thread you should be in anyway?

QUOTE(CYJacket @ Apr 3 2007 - 08:13 PM) 826429243[/snapback]Because I can't sit on two county boards at the same time. I sit on the superior board that approves all budgets, just not the school budget but all. That is why. The Board members may very well approve the supplement addition if paid as asserted. The County Commission will not approve a county sponsored supplemental increase for just one coach, and further, probably not any coaches. The budget is too tight. "If it it not going to cost the board any more than it pays not...." What ever that means but it will costs more that you have to consider.

Before it should be approved, the money should be paid up front by the boosters providing a incorporation charter registered with the State of Tennessee and a 501© 3 non profit standing with the IRS. Further, there is more involved than just the salary. There is the FICA an FWHT that must be paid and that would also have to be met by the boosters.

The other community schools in this county has not done this to "improve the program", I find it odd that dog town finds it necessary. Hmmmmm? desparation maybe?

CRY,

You are very cocky /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> about being on the commission or as you say the superior board /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . Wartburg will take care of what it has to. As for coaches we will get one that will be the right fit for us. At leat we don't recuite like you all do at Coalfield, you have to do this ever year in order to do what you do in football, this is a known fact that this does happen ever year.

Yep, am cocky and the Commission IS the superior board, that is just the way it is in the State of Tennessee, reality check hoss.

Yep there are plenty of Coalfield threads, however this one drew my attention when County Policy became involved of which I certainly am entitled to monitor and do as it is my job. So now when this type issue does come up you might have a gleen into what my position will be, I think that is open and honest, you guys see it as something completely different.

You lasses do what you wish, but I doubt very seriously that the "booster" club can make up the $20K plus it will take to do what you claim you are going to do. After all the Capitol has never been known to work that closely together.

Oh, and the CRY moniker is pretty funny with this screen name, however, it is a bit over used. And please note, I haven't been crying about the football program and school I support fully. They win and are successful.

QUOTE(CYJacket @ Apr 4 2007 - 06:37 AM) 826429539[/snapback]Yep, am cocky and the Commission IS the superior board, that is just the way it is in the State of Tennessee, reality check hoss.

Yep there are plenty of Coalfield threads, however this one drew my attention when County Policy became involved of which I certainly am entitled to monitor and do as it is my job. So now when this type issue does come up you might have a gleen into what my position will be, I think that is open and honest, you guys see it as something completely different.

You lasses do what you wish, but I doubt very seriously that the "booster" club can make up the $20K plus it will take to do what you claim you are going to do. After all the Capitol has never been known to work that closely together.

Oh, and the CRY moniker is pretty funny with this screen name, however, it is a bit over used. And please note, I haven't been crying about the football program and school I support fully. They win and are successful.

It is your job to fund the school's programs not to monitor their policy. They have a man that does that and he does a fine job!

I think you are suffering from some sort of delusional disorder......you are not the boss of the school system! Leave the schools up to the professionals that have had the training to run them!

QUOTE(bamadude @ Apr 4 2007 - 07:21 AM) 826429565[/snapback]Being on the Morgan Co. Commission is nothing to brag about CYJacka**. Since WB can't win any football games, maybe they should consider joining the pillow fighting brigade like Coalfield. I was not aware that Morgan Co was able to offer such lucrative coaching package. If Nick Saban would have known this, he may be coaching at WB next year instead of Bama.

Good point! Especially when you only won your election by like 8 votes! I think he needs some help for his syndrome /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(charliemurphy @ Apr 4 2007 - 09:41 AM) 826429591[/snapback]Good point! Especially when you only won your election by like 8 votes! I think he needs some help for his syndrome /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

11 votes and three elections, hmmm? More wins that some folks. A win is a win.

QUOTE(bulldogplayermom @ Apr 4 2007 - 09:18 AM) 826429564[/snapback]It is your job to fund the school's programs not to monitor their policy. They have a man that does that and he does a fine job!

I think you are suffering from some sort of delusional disorder......you are not the boss of the school system! Leave the schools up to the professionals that have had the training to run them!

Yes, it is my job to fund the schools. I have continually voted to improve the school system. In determining my vote I evaluate the way the money is being spent and vote accordingly. If you will look at my voting record on school matters; it is one of the most favorable records on the commission over the last 9 years, and will continue to be so long as silliness such as this does not interfere with the smooth operation of the schools.

My continued vote to properly fund the Schools of Morgan Co. depends upon those professionals you speak of doing their job, and that they follow policy set by their board. They have been doing that and I see no reason at this point to change that situation. However, not keeping all school system schools on a level playing field with equal opportunities is a direct violation of that trust and I simply do not think this proposal will go.

Mom, I am not the boss of anything, I have stated my opinion as to the expenditure of County funds. Once these type funds get put into the county coffers, no matter the source, it then becomes County funds, a responsibility of the County Commission. Sorry you disagree, but I think the Auditors and the State Department of Education will agree. Revenue from any source going into the school system is a budget increase. A budget increase can cause serious problems with the BEP formula that can result in an adverse affect on the maintenance of effort required by the State. That is the State of Tennessee requires the Schools be funded each year to the mininimum of last year's budget. If it goes up in any way, the County must meet that maintenance.

"I think you are suffering from some sort of delusional disorder..."

No, I am suffering from being trained in what is required to fund the school system.

I am not willing to jeopardize the State funding to our schools for a Football Coach. Are you?

Coaching suppliments have nothing to do with BEP money! I can't believe you consider yourself an authority on this and don't know that.

This is not a County Commission concern. It is a Wartbury Community concern!

The fact is things are not on a level playing ground. When we get organized out here we will have much more money to spend on our programs and our kids. Right now things are in alot of turmoil. But, we are at a point where we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

We brought in Joe Layne and his youth and excitement has paid off big time

May see that in our Girls Program also. Even though there was no lack of energy from the legend!

Baseball is now more than respectable. Terry works very hard.

Football??????

Our facilities need alot of work but I know that the young guys in the basketball program will work to improve things on that front, Coker works all the time to improve our baseball field, and if we can get someone with that mindset in for football the sky's the limit.

Booster funds do not equal County Funds! They are school funds and there is a difference!

Bulldogmother, I agree whole heartedly about the Joe Layne statement. I've said all along that the Burg needs fresh blood to energize the program and Mr. Layne is a prime example of what CAN happen!!! I certainly hope to see the change soon and if at all possible a hire before the end of school. I'd hate to see what happened to Oliver Springs last year happen to the dogs. Those kids had to wait so long for a coach that I'm sure it affected their season.

I don’t know why CYJACKET can’t be happy that Wartburg is showing some support for its school and sports? That’s pretty sad that a county commissioner says the things that he says and is so shoved up Coalfields butt its sad! People from Wartburg support Coalfield football, why can they support Wartburg? Cyjacket shows the kind of ignorance that will keep Morgan County “Inside the Box”… If Wartburg can get a good coach, get some money behind him, there is no limit to what they can do… Maybe then people like Cyjacket can then support Wartburg when they start Winning! And no one is saying that Larry Davis was a “BAD” person, because he was as good as they come. But when he had teams like the 2003 squad that should have won region championships and went DEEP in the playoffs, and went 5-5… That’s not what we are looking for, After 2003 Larry went, 4-27… Time for a change…. And I think its time for a change in the county commission, to get mindless, self center, fools out of office!

It seems like CrY JACKET would try and do everything to keep Wartburg on the bottom!