Dickson Co. District 10-AAA

ITALYandSWEDEN

Dickson Co.  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Dickson Co.

QUOTE(world cup @ Apr 10 2007 - 10:44 PM) 826434556[/snapback]Well said bootitupthefield. And in response to ITALYandSWEDEN, I made the point that Clarksville hasn't played similar opponents. They will eventually, but like the man said comparing scores doesn't matter whatsoever. MatWizard87 is also right by stating that when you get out of the top 10 or 15 it's hard to start rating. In other words a 30th ranking means nothing and it's also important to realize that there are few if any rankings that go past the Top 25. It's nice that they're having a good year, but the fact of the matter is you schedule good teams to prepare for May. That's what teams like Clarksville and Rossview do, or at least Clarksville always has. Dickson just doesn't have the schedule to prepare them for the tournament. After getting their tales whipped, Clarksville is going to have a chip on its shoulder and will have the proper training to prepare them for the tournament, while Dickson won't. Sad, but true.

hopefully CHS can get it done this year and start another district title streak.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, when you look at it. Clarksville High has been established in that District with some post season success from time to time. I think they are in a rebuilding year as Rossview is in the same situation which fairs well for Dickson at the District Level. It makes any team feel good to challenge their for their District Title. Northeast was hurt when Rossview opened and the rezoning. They had very good teams in the past but Clarksville typically beat them as they have Rossview. Rossview has been decent and is rebuilding still. I think Clarksville and Rossview are playing a lot of very young players. Dickson has returning Seniors and to my Understanding a few club players that quit or were released are back which makes them a strong contender. Hats off to Dickson and wish all teams well in post season play. You can never count out Henry County either. But like it has been said earlier, what can anyone do in the Region which is typically dominated by Hendersonville. I have seen them play several times this year and think it will take a lot of breaks on anyone the plays them from this District. But good luck to all anyway.

QUOTE(world cup @ Apr 10 2007 - 07:27 PM) 826434213[/snapback]ITALYandSWEDEN, you must be joking. I have seen some incredibly questionable posts and threads, but yours takes the cake. First of all, you are basing your prediction that Dickson County will win the District (and are implying that) on the fact that they have beaten every team they have played. Second, this followed by the fact that some of the teams that Rossview and Clarksville have lost to have lost to Dickson. This is incorrect seeing as how to this point Clarksville and Dickson have no similar opponents that the two have played. Rossview yes, Clarksville no. Third, I would like to congratulate Dickson on those impressive wins over Northeast (1-2-2), Henry County (1-4-1), Columbia Central (2-3), and Hillwood (1-4-1) by a total score of 11-4. Kudos to Brenda Zbozien for scheduling such formidable opponents. And by the way, congratualtions on the win against Springfield, the only team that has a winning record and coincidentally a worse opponents W-L-T record than Dickson. Dickson doesn't have the horses much less the coaching to hang with the teams that they have to beat, and I'm not talking about their District opponents.

I am going to give any Dickson players who know who this nincompoop ITALYandSWEDEN is a strong piece of advice: tell him to stop talking. I know for a fact that Donahue and Chartrand (both who have schedules that would give Dickson County nightmares for years) don't take kindly to reading these kinds of things. I seem to remember the last time that Dickson thought they were going to run all over Clarksville: in 1999 they lost in a monsoon to an undefeated Clarksville team that was ranked third in the state. The rest of the story goes they went to Clarksville for the tournament and lost 9-0. If Chartrand is anything like Donahue, than his team will conversely be receptive to these kinds of remarks. Donahue always had a way of motivating less talented teams with comments by silly people trying to see if people would reply to their threads. Have fun and good luck, you're going to need it.

WHOEVER worldcup IS MUST BE A COMPLETE IDIOT. THEY NEED TO STOP LIVING IN THE PAST, AND TALKING ABOUT WHO HAS WON DISTRICT IN PREVIOUS YEARS. I HAVE PERSONALY SEEN DICKSON CO. PLAY. EVEN IF THEY HAVE AN EASIER SCHEDULE, THEY STILL HAVE MORE GAMES WITH A HARD FIVE-GAME STRETCH AT THE END OF THE SEASON. WITH CLARKSVILLE HAVING ONE OF THEIR WORST SEASONS EVER, COULDN'T EVEN PUT UP ONE GOAL WITH ANY OF THEIR LOSSES.

Oh I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I'm glad that you have personally seen Dickson County play and that they have a tough five game stretch. The problem is that they have a three game stretch in which they play FRA, USN, and Clarksville. If you think that lumping in Pigeon Forge, Harpeth, or Dekalb County with that stretch than it is obviously you Goalie16 who is the idiot. Clarksville does play more games than Dickson much to your chagrin, three more games to be exact (one of them isn't posted on soccerinfo). You are very right; Clarksville couldn't score a goal against Hendersonville, Brentwood, Bearden, or Maryville. Now what is the problem with that? I'll tell you what the problem is; Dickson has played one team with a winning record. One. One. Hendersonville and Maryville put together have won more games and lost fewer than all six teams that Dickson has played. I gave the district information because someone earlier had wondered what that was. But now that you've decided that I'm an idiot I'll let you know exactly how big an idiot I am. My last post had nothing to do with the past. It had everything to do with how prepared each team is when tournament time comes which is why Clarksville (in their down year) will be more prepared. That doesn't mean that they will smoke Dickson or that Dickson will run away with the title. The point is--and any coach will tell you--that you have to schedule good teams. Now to appease you you have something (as small as it is) to reference and that is that the two have a common opponent: Springfield. Both scores ended with Springfield losing 2-4. So now you've got something. Now my suggestion to you is to calm down and not try and assess the fact that you've seen them play. Check the schedule, talk to other people, look at other teams. Sorry, but I'm afraid you're mistaken about me

QUOTE(bootitupthefield @ Apr 12 2007 - 10:05 PM) 826436337[/snapback]Rossview 2 Springfield 1, Clarksville 4 Springfield 2, Dickson 4 Springfield 2

Rossview 1 Northeast 0, Dickson 3 Northeast 2, Clarksville-Northeast tomorrow night

These Dickson guys are running out of ammo even with their comparing scores argument.

I think Dickson Co. just got going again. They won 6-0 tuesday.

Look, Agree or Disagree, No one is blowing anyone out in this District! There are very close matches here. This title is up for grabs. Dickson may be the favorite but all teams are close. There is not a team in this district that needs to overlook anybody. The bottom line is this. whomever advances will be against the wall when they face Hendersonville, LaVergne, or Gallatin. I know it's going to be hard for any of the teams to face them. This may be Dickson's Year to take District 10-AAA but that will be the most of it. I do agree with that you have to have a strong schedule and it will better prepare you for your District tournament. Rossview and Clarksville play Saturday night. This should be interesting with the young talent both are playing. Give Dickson some Kudos, all of these kids are playing their guts out for all teams. Again, good luck to all teams and we shall see what unfolds at the end of the season. Good luck to Gallatin as they are trying to prove their strength this season as well. Hendersonville needs no luck as they re-load every season.

QUOTE(world cup @ Apr 10 2007 - 06:27 PM) 826434213[/snapback]ITALYandSWEDEN, you must be joking. I have seen some incredibly questionable posts and threads, but yours takes the cake. First of all, you are basing your prediction that Dickson County will win the District (and are implying that) on the fact that they have beaten every team they have played. Second, this followed by the fact that some of the teams that Rossview and Clarksville have lost to have lost to Dickson. This is incorrect seeing as how to this point Clarksville and Dickson have no similar opponents that the two have played. Rossview yes, Clarksville no. Third, I would like to congratulate Dickson on those impressive wins over Northeast (1-2-2), Henry County (1-4-1), Columbia Central (2-3), and Hillwood (1-4-1) by a total score of 11-4. Kudos to Brenda Zbozien for scheduling such formidable opponents. And by the way, congratualtions on the win against Springfield, the only team that has a winning record and coincidentally a worse opponents W-L-T record than Dickson. Dickson doesn't have the horses much less the coaching to hang with the teams that they have to beat, and I'm not talking about their District opponents.

I am going to give any Dickson players who know who this nincompoop ITALYandSWEDEN is a strong piece of advice: tell him to stop talking. I know for a fact that Donahue and Chartrand (both who have schedules that would give Dickson County nightmares for years) don't take kindly to reading these kinds of things. I seem to remember the last time that Dickson thought they were going to run all over Clarksville: in 1999 they lost in a monsoon to an undefeated Clarksville team that was ranked third in the state. The rest of the story goes they went to Clarksville for the tournament and lost 9-0. If Chartrand is anything like Donahue, than his team will conversely be receptive to these kinds of remarks. Donahue always had a way of motivating less talented teams with comments by silly people trying to see if people would reply to their threads. Have fun and good luck, you're going to need it.

sounds like someone's from Clarksville.. Another loss to Rossview, how devastating.

W (Rossview) started off the season playing teams like hendersonville and river dale and brentwood.Which we barely lost to brentwood and riverdale by one.But then a lot of out players got in trouble but this week coach started playing us all again and we haven't lost since.Last night we beat clarksville high 3-1

• 3 weeks later...