Brentwood Academy-Hoover (AL)

rollredroll

QUOTE(USA1 @ Apr 26 2007 - 06:25 AM) 826445684[/snapback]I have first hand information regarding this subject. Hoover has offered $10K plus expenses for Brentwood Academy to come to Hoover. First year Coach Potter is re-tooling from the ground up (totally different offense), does not have a clue who will play QB will be and is not a fan of Propst. Although, Hoover continues to seige, Coach Potter is a no go at this time. Most of us feel that Coach Flatt would have jumped on the deal, but Coach Potter is settling in and is not quite as adventurous in his first year.

Last year would probably have been a good, competitive game. Next season, the jury is still out...way out! BA did fill in their 10th game BTW. Westside High School out of Anderson, SC, at BA. Don't know anything about them.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(itzme @ May 8 2007 - 09:33 PM) 826454899[/snapback]Last year would probably have been a good, competitive game. Next season, the jury is still out...way out! BA did fill in their 10th game BTW. Westside High School out of Anderson, SC, at BA. Don't know anything about them.

Ted Luckadoo Head Coach of Westside Anderson

Played 11 (2006) & 12 (2004-2005) games regular season schedule, 4A Team (South Carolina has 4 classes, 1-4),

Westside Anderson has played only South Carolina teams in the last three years.

2004 - 5-7, Didn't make playoffs

2005 - 11-2, Lost is first round of playoffs

2006 - 8-5, Lost in second round of playoffs

Notable teams in their region: Hanna Anderson & Easley High School. The movie "Radio" was about the Hanna High School football but a good ten-minute portion of the movie centered on the Hanna Anderson & Westside Anderson rival game. Four good movie scenes were about this game between these two rivals.

1) Radio was listing to Coach Jones when Coach Jones sends in a flanker reverse play. Radio starts yelling "reverse, reverse, reverse…" Westside defense make the adjustment before Coach Jones can call a timeout. The Flanker gets nailed hard on the end-around and fumbles the ball.

2) Coach Jones is ticked about a bad call and exclaims "Chicken ..it call" to the referee out on the field. The ref gives Coach Jones 15 yard penalty. Radio picks up on it and yells to the ref "Chicken ..it, Chicken ..it" over and over. Ref calls another 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty.

3) Hanna is loosing 7-3 at the half to Westside. The star wideout comes in the locker room, slam his helmet on the table, and exclaims: "Any chance for me to get the ball tonight?" The wideout plops down in a chair. Radio picks up a ball from the table, puts the ball in the wideout lap, pats him on the head, and says "Their's your ball." The team is snickering while Coach Jones comments; "now we got that taken care of".

4) Hanna scores on a touchdown pass from quarterback pass to the receiver in a last few seconds of the game to win over Westside 9-7. A big celebrations follows afterwards with the win over arch rival Westside.

It looks to me Coach Luckadoo is looking for a field trip and landed a good one at BA. When they come visit BA, please don’t ask the Westside players if Hanna is still kicking their rear ends.

Ted Luckadoo Head Coach of Westside Anderson

Played 11 (2006) & 12 (2004-2005) games regular season schedule, 4A Team (South Carolina has 4 classes, 1-4),

Westside Anderson has played only South Carolina teams in the last three years.

2004 - 5-7, Didn't make playoffs

2005 - 11-2, Lost is first round of playoffs

2006 - 8-5, Lost in second round of playoffs

I am a player at Westside, a few corrections we went 6-6 in 04 and lost in the first round of the playoffs, 05 we lost in the second round of the playoffs, and in 06 we lost in the third round of the playoffs which was the state-semi final game.

We should be better this year and we think should have a very good shot at the state championship this year

QUOTE(RamFootball70 @ May 9 2007 - 11:14 PM) 826456125[/snapback]I am a player at Westside, a few corrections we went 6-6 in 04 and lost in the first round of the playoffs, 05 we lost in the second round of the playoffs, and in 06 we lost in the third round of the playoffs which was the state-semi final game.

We should be better this year and we think should have a very good shot at the state championship this year

Correction noted,

2004 - 6-6, Lost is first round of playoffs

2005 - 11-2, Lost is second round of playoffs

2006 - 8-5, Lost in third round of playoffs - State Semi-Final Game

Thanks for the update and the correction. I pulled the information of unapproved website. It denotes playoff games and wins/losses and score. It did appear inconsistent. If four games to finals, how many regular season games are schedule in SC.

Is this the first for Westside going out of state?

QUOTE(bigchief @ Apr 26 2007 - 08:12 AM) 826445732[/snapback]An idiot with 5 state championships and two runners-up in the last seven years in the state's highest classification. Too bad we don't have "idiot" coaches like that around here. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Ahem ... we do ... I'm not a fan ... but his name is spelled ... R A N K I N.

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ May 10 2007 - 10:09 AM) 826456384[/snapback]Ahem ... we do ... I'm not a fan ... but his name is spelled ... R A N K I N.

He has never coached a team in the state's highest classification, however.

...no, DI 5A is not the state's highest classification.