On Demand Video...MBA vs MUS now up

QUOTE(www.schoolsportsradio.com @ Apr 7 2007 - 08:45 PM) 826432087[/snapback]Rollredroll, sometimes our wives just don't understand, like today my wife ask me to get rid of the trash so I took my kids to the mall and left them. She got mad, I don't understand /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Brothersnv, I welcome your comments. We can't improve the service without help from the viewing audience.

Lax4life32, there's a really good chance the Championship games that are taking place at MBA will be broadcast. The main thing that hinders us for our broadcast is a hard broadband connection. MBA has one at the field so that makes it easy.

Do you know the dates and locations of the playoffs? I've got some horseshows this time of year but I may be able to get some of my video crew to these locations if the dates and internet connections work out.

Thanks

Dean Johnson

Championship Weekend is May 18-19 and the DII Championship game is at 1:00 with the DI game following. Also i watched the first half today and an improvemwnt that could be made is alittle more knowledge of the game and what is going on and cut back on the background noise in the booth. The camera work looked good but you could cut back on how many times the scoreboard is shown.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've learned my lesson on panning the scoreboard (easy to miss some of the action), the action is a lot quicker than football or basketball.

I'll rely on the announcers to give the score and time left, and I'll try to watch some games and read up on the rules.

Hope to have a game coming up soon.

Do you know the location of any of the quarter final games? I've been told it's the weekend before the finals but don't know where.

QUOTE(brothersnv @ Apr 7 2007 - 02:49 PM) 826431892[/snapback]The announcer said Wes McKeithan was the leader in face off wins when he wasn't. In 2005 he was but not in 2006. He didnt lead in wins or face off percentage, he was also second team all state for face offs. Just letting you know.

honestly...this just sounds like a cocky christian bros. kid who is only concerned with his one statistic...lets just concentrate on the game at hand and not worry about some amatuer announcers who are doing the best they can.

I will have to say this for my announcers, They strpped up when no one else would and if they had not helped me keep up with the game a lot of the inportant action of this game would have been missed.

To have stepped in at the last minute I think they did a fine job.

We'll have some info for them to work with the next game at MBA.....MBA vs Webb of Bellbuckle on April 30

QUOTE(www.schoolsportsradio.com @ Apr 7 2007 - 11:17 PM) 826432172[/snapback]I've learned my lesson on panning the scoreboard (easy to miss some of the action), the action is a lot quicker than football or basketball.

I'll rely on the announcers to give the score and time left, and I'll try to watch some games and read up on the rules.

Hope to have a game coming up soon.

Do you know the location of any of the quarter final games? I've been told it's the weekend before the finals but don't know where.

Last year it was supposed to be at MBA but was moved to Cookeville at the last minute im not sure about this year you might try talking to the MBA coach

get direct tv. order the sports pack. at least 4 games per week are shown. tivo them and skip all the fluff. you can narrow the time spent down to actual game time (and announcer time).

post the need for an informed announcer. i'm sure an ex- coach or ex-ref would love the air time as an analyst.

byu broadcasts their home games. 3 years ago it was brutal to watch. now they do a very good job. expecting to put on an "espn" quality telecast is not realistic, but follow how byu increased their production quality would be. i don't know of a contact at byu tv, but i'm sure there is a way to contact them through the internet. you might ask them how they improved the quality of their broadcast so quickly.

QUOTE(camo092 @ Apr 8 2007 - 12:32 AM) 826432185[/snapback]honestly...this just sounds like a cocky christian bros. kid who is only concerned with his one statistic...lets just concentrate on the game at hand and not worry about some amatuer announcers who are doing the best they can.

clearly this is that vihlen guy, BTW this kid will bible completely made a fool of him at summer camp.