Rankings Week 5

mjuhb

From the Houston Invitation in Memphis.

Due to horrible weather...thunderstorms...Friday nights game between Baylor and Houston was cancelled.

Saturday games as you can imagine the fields were soggy and playing conditions were bad for all teams.

Saturday:

Baylor 2

Germantown 0

Baylor 0

Cookeville 0

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Laydown @ Apr 10 2007 - 11:48 AM) 826433941[/snapback]I saw the most horrible officiating ever at the Dyersbrug Brighton Game. The other team was awarded a free kick 10 yards outside the box. I ran and stood next to the ball. They asked for ten yards the ref ran over and began counting. before he had finished the player took the kick and scored. Our keeper was setting his wall. The rule is if you ask for ten, u have to wait for the whistle, but they allowed the goal to stand. Next our keeper ran out and grabbed a through ball. They kicked him in the head and he dropped the ball. they kciked in for the goal. When our captain tried to talk to te ref, they waved him away. Next a classic bad offides. the ref was out of position at halfway while the last defender was about 10 yards away. The man was 8 yards offsides, we have video and he admitted it after the game. But of course, to the referee, he was completley onsides. He threatened to card our captain when he asked the ref whcih player kept him on. The ref said he didnt know who kept him onsides. We next had 3 players get hurt from the refs allowing to much contact. when our players started playing more physically, we had 2 yellow given without warning. I wa carded for a normal challange with only 1 prior foul. When our goalkeeper had been kicked for the second time I went in for him in goal. I ran up to get a through ball and was kciked in the head by a brighton foreward. I got knocked silly and hit the ground. THE REF ALLOWED PLAY TO COTINUE WITH A HEAD INJURY. He said he didnt want to desturb the play or something like that. HE waited about 2 min to stop play. I could have broken my neck or cheekbone. A head injury is supposed to be an automatic sop. I was lucky to get off with a badly brusied face. We have three players who will have to go to rehab after this game and dyersburg will NOT be playing them or any other memphis teams again. We have a video of the match and are sending it into TSSAA. Two keeps getting kicked in the head 3 times and three players injured shows how well the refs kept the game in control. TSSAA complains about not having enough refs. But myself and 3 in jured teamates would much rather no have played due to lack of refs then to get hurt in a uncontrolled game.

yeah ino we really have bad reffs we played brighton and we had a bad gme becuz the official cant control the game and the same bad reff go by KIng is horrible and we really need 3 refss instead of 2

QUOTE(Laydown @ Apr 11 2007 - 07:53 AM) 826434623[/snapback]Covington may not be winnimg a lot of games, but they have not really been blown away either. Dyersburg and brighton beat them by 2

thanks man we been trying tp put a team together a couple guys playin club but wer heading there we lost games that we could have win but wer defitely gonna give teams that wanna win a hard time to get to district and region who knows about state

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Apr 11 2007 - 09:28 AM) 826434695[/snapback]Hixson 1

East Ridge 1

CSAS 1

Boyd Buchanan 0

ok the only reason yall won was becuz of a corner kick that our own guys accidently got hit by the shoulder and bounce in yall had one good shot and it didnt even win u think ur good how bout a rematch anyday just let the coches no and wer there

QUOTE(Ghost09 @ Apr 17 2007 - 11:23 AM) 826439409[/snapback]ok the only reason yall won was becuz of a corner kick that our own guys accidently got hit by the shoulder and bounce in yall had one good shot and it didnt even win u think ur good how bout a rematch anyday just let the coches no and wer there

my bad this for the madison guy that was complain how bad our field is and they didnt even score