Webb vs CAK

PinballWizard

Webb won by 2 today at Sullivan South and Stein's knee held up pretty well with the brace. I think he will start tomorrow. Also, the high is supposed to be in the 60s tomorrow so hopefully it'll be a fairly warm game and the field won't be too bad. As far as the outcome, since I don't want to pick a tie, I'll go with a homer pick: Webb 2 CAK 1.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY physical game on both parts, hard fought, bodies flying everywhere. I'm not usually one to complain, but boy, those refs didn't help much. It is pretty sad when both coaches look at each other with raised hands on some of the calls. CAK had about 2 good looks at goal and Webb had one that went just over the crossbar. Back and forth possession. Webb has a good counter attack.

Webb played a great game. I don't know how in the world they tied Karns.

We have tied Webb now 3 out of 5 times. Glad to see that Stein (sp?) was back in it.

Yeah both sides played extremely hard and it was a great game to watch. The refs, however, were terrible inconsistent and almost lost control of the game it seemed. They missed more calls than I can count and didn't set any kind of a standard that the players could get used to. They put a damper on an otherwise excellent game. Quality chances for both sides were few and far between. CAK had one late shot that almost won it but Patrick Baird made an incredible diving save to preserve the tie for Webb. On a disappointing note, I lost a lot of respect for Brandon Tarr after this game. He had a very late challenge that took out Webb's sweeper for a good portion of the game and employed tactics that seemed dirty and extremely childish. While he was very dangerous on the ball and made plays, they were overshadowed by his dirty and cheap play.

Overall though, it was a great matchup between two of the best teams in the state and both should go on to have very successful seasons.

Also a CAK player had what looked like a fairly serious head injury; anyone have any updates?

QUOTE(shims4 @ Apr 10 2007 - 07:43 PM) 826434302[/snapback]Also a CAK player had what looked like a fairly serious head injury; anyone have any updates?

David Pifer had to go get some stitches over his left eye. Knowing the competitor he is, I think he will bounce back pretty quickly.

I heard one of the Coaches alos got a Yellow Card? Wow!

Yup. They are human too.

I'm curious, Shoehp... I don't believe you are a player, most likely a parent. We have never shown anything but the utmost respect for the West Highschool team, and have never talked down to you online or anywhere else. What is your beef with us?

I am a player for cak so I'm probably a bit biased as to be expected. I, however, had an excellent view/angle of brandon tarrs' first yellow card foul. Brandon may have gone in a bit to hard, but he went for the ball. Webb's sweeper was started in motion of kicking right as Brandon jumped so honestly I'm not sure of what Brandon could've done except follow through on his jump. The Webb player kicked Brandon, and Brandon was already in the air with full force so it looked worse than it was. It was indeed a foul, but not yellow card caliber. Furthermore, I feel that this lack of respect for Brandon was in complete error. Brandon plays hard and physical, so he's gonna get some fouls. I've always heard its better to be over aggressive than under aggressive. Best wishes to Webb's sweeper he played through it, but hope his cuts and bruises heel quickly. Webb's a great team it was a fun match.

I agree with the post above, Brandon plays hard and goes in hard, and that is one of the reasons he is successful. He goes for the ball and doesn't cheap shot people. Also, about the "employed tactics that seemed dirty and extremely childish" comment above by shims4, what tactics were childish? I, and probably everyone but yourself have failed to recall any "childish" tactics that were used in this game.

i may have over-reacted a little toward the tackle on the sweeper b/c he's one of my good friends but as far as the tactics i was referring to his multiple attempts to block the keepers kicks and a few challenges that seemed to be continually mistimed...i wasn't trying to make a generalization but referring to how his play looked in this game