Temple - Next year's Fab Five

Green_Acres

Next year's starting five, at this point, are likely to be Jeremy Sexton, Brandon Andrews, James Kemp, Ben Montgomery, and Kendall Peterson.

All are currently sophomores with the exception of Kendall.

What do they bring to the table for next year and what do they really need to work on in the off-season?

What do you really like about each player? and what really concerns you about each player?

Also, who will Temple have coming off the bench to contribute? And what do you see as their strengths and weaknesses.

My intent in this thread is to be positive and constructive but with honest evaluations from your perspective.

The Fab 5??? You cant be serious, maybe the Fab 1 at best....

Sexton- A legit player, but thrived of the success of Skogen, Newsome and Smith....He will now be the "man" so it will be interesting how he will react to that.

Andrews- A set shot shooter. He cant get his own shot

Kemp- Was a JV player, who i never saw get any playing time in a Var. Game...In JV he was a good player, but a bit of a hot head. I do believe i saw him walk off the court during a jv game

Montgomery- JV player again that never saw the floor in a Var. Game...Seems big and slow and I doubt he can handle the pace of Var.

Peterson- Rode the bench on Var. I guess...I never saw him get in a game...So then again no experience playing in a big game

As far as their bench goes, its gonna be terrible im sure

QUOTE(Breakem23 @ Apr 9 2007 - 08:56 AM) 826432916[/snapback]The Fab 5??? You cant be serious, maybe the Fab 1 at best....

Sexton- A legit player, but thrived of the success of Skogen, Newsome and Smith....He will now be the "man" so it will be interesting how he will react to that.

Andrews- A set shot shooter. He cant get his own shot

Kemp- Was a JV player, who i never saw get any playing time in a Var. Game...In JV he was a good player, but a bit of a hot head. I do believe i saw him walk off the court during a jv game

Montgomery- JV player again that never saw the floor in a Var. Game...Seems big and slow and I doubt he can handle the pace of Var.

Peterson- Rode the bench on Var. I guess...I never saw him get in a game...So then again no experience playing in a big game

As far as their bench goes, its gonna be terrible im sure

Sounds about right. Will Temple be able to beat Silverdale next year since their recruits will be eligible?

QUOTE(redandwhiteforever @ Apr 9 2007 - 02:56 PM) 826433140[/snapback]Temple will not be that good next year. Two of there best three players for next year are at McCallie. They will be alright, but they will not be anything great. Sorry Temple people.

I hate to state the obvious but, those two players were at McCallie this year and only Seth Wadley was a contributer to last year's team. Remember that this year's team was basically last year's team minus Seth Wadley and adding Brandon Andrews and Erik Larson who subbed in and out with each other. Last year's team fell short of making it to the state tournament. What should be realized is that next year's team is actuall going to be pretty good. They will be a lot like the team CSAS ended up with at the end of the season. They will not have the size of a Seth Skogen or Josh Smith but they will definitely be good and hard to beat.

Last year I had the opportunity to see Temple's JV team play at least twice and they were very impressive. Four of next year's starters played together on that team.

I remember reading on coacht earlier during the football season how Temple was not going to be that good this year in basketball because Coach Wadley was gone, Temple only had a few players, they were going to struggle, no bench, etc. Yeah, yeah, yeah...