3-4A This Year (Spring and Otherwise)

KnoxWest#63

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ZCAR @ Apr 12 2007 - 06:47 AM) 826435662[/snapback]That was interesting HTV. Do you know any specific player that might be effected right away by this?

I would say that information will be top secret for at least a week Not many players will be wanting to move high schools....April 2-20 is when you can apply for transfers....don't forget

I guess that is why the school system is going to try to pass it....After looking at the maps looks like powell

will pick up some inner city prospects.......I guess Central won't have to go to 5A after all and lets see ....oh

they said if you are a junior or senior then it might not affect you.....Someone should start a thread on the rezoning

issues......what do you all think?

QUOTE(HTV @ Apr 12 2007 - 08:39 AM) 826435657[/snapback]On another note, did you 3-4A guys see the front page of the News-Sentinel yesterday? If the rezonning plan goes forward it will change the zoning of several Knox County 3-4A schools, most notably West, Powell, and Central.

HTV, I did see that on the website yesterday. It does not make much sense to me to have those Powell kids there in the Beaver Creek road area rezoned to Central. Those kids are either going to have to drive through the Halls zone, or the Powell zone in order to get to Central. Not only that, but those kids live 3-4 minutes away from Powell High School and now every day they will have to go through morning traffic to get to Central and that will probably take them anywhere from 10-20 minutes to get to Central depending on traffic and all the traffic lights, possibly/probably longer. That just does not make a whole lot of sense to me. If they were wanting to get more kids to Central it would have made much more sense to shift some from Halls to Central and then maybe some from Powell to Halls. Anyways, it will not affect this upcoming year, but the 08-09 school year I think. This whole thing makes just about as much sense as all the kids who live across the street from Halls having to go to Gibbs when they live less than a mile from the school in the no bus zone for Halls high school. Just another great example of the lack of thought coming from downtown.

QUOTE(HaveitYourWay @ Apr 12 2007 - 08:54 AM) 826435757[/snapback]HTV, I did see that on the website yesterday. It does not make much sense to me to have those Powell kids there in the Beaver Creek road area rezoned to Central. Those kids are either going to have to drive through the Halls zone, or the Powell zone in order to get to Central. Not only that, but those kids live 3-4 minutes away from Powell High School and now every day they will have to go through morning traffic to get to Central and that will probably take them anywhere from 10-20 minutes to get to Central depending on traffic and all the traffic lights, possibly/probably longer. That just does not make a whole lot of sense to me. If they were wanting to get more kids to Central it would have made much more sense to shift some from Halls to Central and then maybe some from Powell to Halls. Anyways, it will not affect this upcoming year, but the 08-09 school year I think. This whole thing makes just about as much sense as all the kids who live across the street from Halls having to go to Gibbs when they live less than a mile from the school in the no bus zone for Halls high school. Just another great example of the lack of thought coming from downtown.

Agree 100%. Maybe thats why the County Schools are always short on cash. Instead of a kid walking across the street to a school the school board thinks its better to provide them transportation 10 miles away.

Not sure whats going on with the school board and all of the rezoning. I do understand that the new school will have to have students from other schools. And that would necessitate a shift of some of the zones. But I don't understand why they are moving students from Central to Powell. Then turning around and moving Powell students to Central. And what does Gibbs Carter Fulton and AE have to do with a school 20 to 30 miles West. I appears to me the school is inventing problems to solve. The folks in that live ikn these communities need to show up at the next meeting in full force.

It's more of a way that the school board can disguise what's going on with the rezoning of west knoxville. the west knox parents would panic if the Board only took kids from farragut, bearden, and karns to fill the new school. So, they can rezone west knoxville, and still say, "look at what's happening to the rest of county"

Yes, S-D has beat clinton the past two years, two years ago , was the worst display of officiating, letting students run on the field before the game was over, and no penalty or nothing.. garbage. this past season. clinton was out coached, they had practiced for something else than they had seen. All the games clinton had seen of them were of them in a 4-4 stack defense, they came out in a twisted 3-4 and coming like banchees, offensively S-D's rb was there play makeer, S-D came out in a spread-gun look, when clinton had practiced them in the "I" and split back looks, so yes last year was coaching...