Best QB in 2007

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Apr 13 2007 - 07:50 AM) 826436513[/snapback]I wont knock another kid. Sonny Gray is good and yes the Maryville QB I thought was the best but split allot of time. You seem by your postings not to like Arrent for whatever reason but it shows little class to get on here and knock him.

Im not knocking the kid, just stating why I would not consider him the to be one of the best qb's. Thats what this thread is all about. Im not calling him names or saying how much he stinks or anything like that. Like I said I hope for him that Im wrong. I think that almost everyone would agree that Gray is the best. The only question is will he stay healthy and if so then who is second best? Maybe it will be Arrent...only time will tell. Good luck to your Borros this year since my team doesnt play them. By the way Football Fan you are getting a pretty good eighth grader soon to be ninth grader. Looks like you will be set at qb if he can keep his head on straight.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(realredpride @ Apr 12 2007 - 12:56 PM) 826435940[/snapback]He really is one heckuva qb, Yanker. You may remember watching number 3 play last year, of course not in that position because of McNairl. I don't think it is a prophetic dream. I think he will be a great quarterback. At least watch him before you make an uninformed statement.

The YANKER thought Mcnairl was an excellent QB but the idea that the anti-one is saying that this guy is one of the best QBs around and he has not played a SINGLE game at QB is more than a stretch...it borders the absurd! He may be a great one but since he has NEVER started a game at QB, how is he one of the best?? The YANKER does not mean to put down this young man...he may become a great one...but he is not a great one at the moment. It is nice to hear from you my "Heckingly Remembering-Trioful Nonpositionally-Greatingly Non-Prophetic-Watchfully Disinformationfulling" friend! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Yanker @ Apr 13 2007 - 08:29 AM) 826436556[/snapback]The YANKER thought Mcnairl was an excellent QB but the idea that the anti-one is saying that this guy is one of the best QBs around and he has not played a SINGLE game at QB is more than a stretch...it borders the absurd! He may be a great one but since he has NEVER started a game at QB, how is he one of the best?? The YANKER does not mean to put down this young man...he may become a great one...but he is not a great one at the moment. It is nice to hear from you my "Heckingly Remembering-Trioful Nonpositionally-Greatingly Non-Prophetic-Watchfully Disinformationfulling" friend! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know ninth grade and practice are not the same as game situations. You will be unpleasantly surprised. HC, I believe, will be pleasantly surprised. He is quite an athletic force on the field.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Apr 13 2007 - 07:55 AM) 826436519[/snapback]Im not knocking the kid, just stating why I would not consider him the to be one of the best qb's. Thats what this thread is all about. Im not calling him names or saying how much he stinks or anything like that. Like I said I hope for him that Im wrong. I think that almost everyone would agree that Gray is the best. The only question is will he stay healthy and if so then who is second best? Maybe it will be Arrent...only time will tell. Good luck to your Borros this year since my team doesnt play them. By the way Football Fan you are getting a pretty good eighth grader soon to be ninth grader. Looks like you will be set at qb if he can keep his head on straight.

Arent did not play his best against Maryville. Maybe the #13 ranked team in America had something to do with his performance. Arent did not start the season as the #1 QB for Hillsboro. Still, he racked up the #s and was chosen All-State. He will sign a D1 Scholly in February 08' as will Burnette from Maryville. Gray will play baseball and Mason is being recruited as a WR by most D1 schools. Mason has great tools as a QB and i'm not sure why he is not getting more college looks at QB but he just isn't. I'd be willing to bet that Arent has better numbers than your QB by the end of Hillsboro's 15 game season or the regular season. Good luck to all the mid-state QB's for 07.

QUOTE(Yanker @ Apr 13 2007 - 08:29 AM) 826436556[/snapback]The YANKER thought Mcnairl was an excellent QB but the idea that the anti-one is saying that this guy is one of the best QBs around and he has not played a SINGLE game at QB is more than a stretch...it borders the absurd! He may be a great one but since he has NEVER started a game at QB, how is he one of the best?? The YANKER does not mean to put down this young man...he may become a great one...but he is not a great one at the moment. It is nice to hear from you my "Heckingly Remembering-Trioful Nonpositionally-Greatingly Non-Prophetic-Watchfully Disinformationfulling" friend! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that you are very hopeful that he is not one of the best in 2007. But that was what the forum was for, who will be the best in 2007, now the difference in what you are saying and the rest of us is that we have nothing to base our pick on because he did not play qb last season, well just because the Gray kid at Symrrna and the kid at Hillsboro had great 2006 seasons, does not mean that they are a lock for a great 2007 season. I am not trying to convice you that Marsalis Teague will be the best or among the best in 2007, I am simply making my prediction of it. You made several predictions last season well they flopped. I will not mention players names that you put on a pedestal because I do not want to say negative things about players individually. But that prediction that you made for your team to win the region, well you could not have missed that any worse, didn't they finish last Yanker. You again have predicted JCM to win the region this year well that is your prediction just like Marsalis Teague is my prediction to be certainly the best quarterback in region 7-4a and one of the best in the state. He could and would start for any team in our region at the qb position.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(12NCS @ Apr 13 2007 - 08:55 AM) 826436580[/snapback]Arent did not play his best against Maryville. Maybe the #13 ranked team in America had something to do with his performance. Arent did not start the season as the #1 QB for Hillsboro. Still, he racked up the #s and was chosen All-State. He will sign a D1 Scholly in February 08' as will Burnette from Maryville. Gray will play baseball and Mason is being recruited as a WR by most D1 schools. Mason has great tools as a QB and i'm not sure why he is not getting more college looks at QB but he just isn't. I'd be willing to bet that Arent has better numbers than your QB by the end of Hillsboro's 15 game season or the regular season. Good luck to all the mid-state QB's for 07.

I have not mentioned who "my" qb even is or even if I have one for that matter. However I have said that Gray is the best and I would be willing to bet that Gray has much better numbers than Arrent at the end of the year. It also doesnt matter what all these athletes will be doing after they graduate, all this thread is about is who is the best period. We have no way of knowing what these kids will do this year, after they graduate, etc. The thread is who is the best...SONNY GRAY.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Apr 13 2007 - 09:11 AM) 826436590[/snapback]I have not mentioned who "my" qb even is or even if I have one for that matter. However I have said that Gray is the best and I would be willing to bet that Gray has much better numbers than Arrent at the end of the year. It also doesnt matter what all these athletes will be doing after they graduate, all this thread is about is who is the best period. We have no way of knowing what these kids will do this year, after they graduate, etc. The thread is who is the best...SONNY GRAY.

I would be willing to bet that either 4a team in last years title game would have had their way with the 5a champ.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Apr 13 2007 - 09:14 AM) 826436592[/snapback]I would be willing to bet that either 4a team in last years title game would have had their way with the 5a champ.

This is the same debate that has gone on for years. Sure Maryville would have probably beaten Smyna but who knows. However this coming from a team that got blasted in the championship game and survived against Mt. Juliet...come on now you are getting in way over your head. Hillsboro is a good team and has been for a while, but to say that Hillsboro would have had their way with Smyrna, I think Gray and Wilkes and the rest of the Bulldogs would laugh at your statement. What was that score again....Maryville 7, 14, 21, 28..... Hillsboro um.....

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Apr 13 2007 - 09:11 AM) 826436590[/snapback]I have not mentioned who "my" qb even is or even if I have one for that matter. However I have said that Gray is the best and I would be willing to bet that Gray has much better numbers than Arrent at the end of the year. It also doesnt matter what all these athletes will be doing after they graduate, all this thread is about is who is the best period. We have no way of knowing what these kids will do this year, after they graduate, etc. The thread is who is the best...SONNY GRAY.

well this is more about who is the best in 2007, not 2006, if we can not agree on who was the best with numbers, how will we ever determine who is the best in 2007 before one game i played. Best at what?

Best Passer, Best LEader, Best runner, Best Decision Maker, which category wieghs the most? Certain people look at certain things and put morre wieght on certain aspects, obviously you have your favorite but it irritates me for some one to have to degrade one person to put another on a pedestal. Brag on your man but it is not neccesary to talk negatively about another nominee. These are 15-18 year old young men and they are better than each of us. they will both have better numbers than each of us in 2007.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Apr 13 2007 - 09:20 AM) 826436596[/snapback]This is the same debate that has gone on for years. Sure Maryville would have probably beaten Smyna but who knows. However this coming from a team that got blasted in the championship game and survived against Mt. Juliet...come on now you are getting in way over your head. Hillsboro is a good team and has been for a while, but to say that Hillsboro would have had their way with Smyrna, I think Gray and Wilkes and the rest of the Bulldogs would laugh at your statement. What was that score again....Maryville 7, 14, 21, 28..... Hillsboro um.....

Well I know for a fact that Hillsboro tried to schedule the Bulldogs this season and were turned down so someone is not so very confident as you are.