Best QB in 2007

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(the prophet @ Apr 12 2007 - 09:19 AM) 826435735[/snapback]Marsalis Teague from Henry county is going to be a force in 2007

And just who that? What is a "Marsalis Teague"? The YANKER has never heard of him. You are dreaming again! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Yanker @ Apr 12 2007 - 12:04 PM) 826435894[/snapback]And just who that? What is a "Marsalis Teague"? The YANKER has never heard of him. You are dreaming again! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He really is one heckuva qb, Yanker. You may remember watching number 3 play last year, of course not in that position because of McNairl. I don't think it is a prophetic dream. I think he will be a great quarterback. At least watch him before you make an uninformed statement.

QUARTERBACK PLAY WILL BE A HUGE DECIDER IN THIS YEAR'S STATE CHAMPIONS I DO BELIEVE!!!!!!

As for the best QB there's no question it has to be Smyrna's Sonny Gray. Last year Gray was 146/250 through the air with 2,195 yards passing and 20TD's. HIS TEAM WON THE CLASS 5A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

Hillsboro's Matt Arrent had a great year last fall and anyone who judges him based on the Maryville game is retarded. Arrent was 174/273 2,488 yards passing with 28TD's. HIS TEAM LOST IN THE CLASS 4A STATE TITLE GAME!!!!!

Pearl Cohn's Deaunte Mason finished the year 96/202 passing with 1,660 yards and 18TD's. HIS TEAM LOST IN THE CLASS 3A SEMIFINALS!!!!!

In 2A Randall Cobb is back for Alcoa but I do not know his numbers off of the top of my head (I am sure they were great).

Gordonsville's Justin Smith also had a great year last fall almost leading his team past Friendship. Smith was 59/120 passing for 1,090 yards and 15TD's. HIS TEAM LOST IN THE SECOND ROUND OF THE CLASS 1A PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Big Country @ Apr 12 2007 - 02:22 PM) 826436028[/snapback]QUARTERBACK PLAY WILL BE A HUGE DECIDER IN THIS YEAR'S STATE CHAMPIONS I DO BELIEVE!!!!!!

As for the best QB there's no question it has to be Smyrna's Sonny Gray. Last year Gray was 146/250 through the air with 2,195 yards passing and 20TD's. HIS TEAM WON THE CLASS 5A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

Hillsboro's Matt Arrent had a great year last fall and anyone who judges him based on the Maryville game is retarded. Arrent was 174/273 2,488 yards passing with 28TD's. HIS TEAM LOST IN THE CLASS 4A STATE TITLE GAME!!!!!

Pearl Cohn's Deaunte Mason finished the year 96/202 passing with 1,660 yards and 18TD's. HIS TEAM LOST IN THE CLASS 3A SEMIFINALS!!!!!

In 2A Randall Cobb is back for Alcoa but I do not know his numbers off of the top of my head (I am sure they were great).

Gordonsville's Justin Smith also had a great year last fall almost leading his team past Friendship. Smith was 59/120 passing for 1,090 yards and 15TD's. HIS TEAM LOST IN THE SECOND ROUND OF THE CLASS 1A PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Big Country I think you are referring to my statement from earlier. If you refer again I think that you will see that I actually saw him twice and both times he played awful. I dont think that he will hurt Hillsboro but I also dont think that he is a top quarterback or even close for that matter. Stats can be deceiving. Look at Hillsboro's close games last season and look at their one loss to Maryville and tell me Arrent shined in those games and his team let him down. Retarded, no...just my honest opinion. I would be interested in knowing what games you saw him play in.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Apr 12 2007 - 03:46 PM) 826436083[/snapback]Big Country I think you are referring to my statement from earlier. If you refer again I think that you will see that I actually saw him twice and both times he played awful. I dont think that he will hurt Hillsboro but I also dont think that he is a top quarterback or even close for that matter. Stats can be deceiving. Look at Hillsboro's close games last season and look at their one loss to Maryville and tell me Arrent shined in those games and his team let him down. Retarded, no...just my honest opinion. I would be interested in knowing what games you saw him play in.

You are intitled to your opinion however swayed it may be. He was picked to the sportswriters all state team which was balloted by those that saw him play. He is the top QB in the city of Nashville and one of the tops in the state and most definanlty one of the 2 best that I saw in the 30+ high school games I saw last season.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Apr 13 2007 - 07:22 AM) 826436485[/snapback]You are intitled to your opinion however swayed it may be. He was picked to the sportswriters all state team which was balloted by those that saw him play. He is the top QB in the city of Nashville and one of the tops in the state and most definanlty one of the 2 best that I saw in the 30+ high school games I saw last season.

I too saw a lot of football and in my opinion, last years top qb's were sonny gray and bj coleman. After that I would say that against Hillsboro the kid from Maryville looked pretty darn good too. I dont remember how many passes he completed or how many touchdowns he threw but I do know that he had a much better game than Arrent did. Lets just agree to disagree here and we will see how well your man does this year. If I had to guess your man Arrent at the end of the season might get a scholarship to a small school based on his talent but definately will not go D1, not even MTSU. He just isnt a top notch qb imo. This year I would say that the top qb's (stat wise) will be gray, becker, and probably mason from the midstate area.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Apr 13 2007 - 07:22 AM) 826436485[/snapback]You are intitled to your opinion however swayed it may be. He was picked to the sportswriters all state team which was balloted by those that saw him play. He is the top QB in the city of Nashville and one of the tops in the state and most definanlty one of the 2 best that I saw in the 30+ high school games I saw last season.

I was just thinking and maybe my math is off but unless you are counting scrimmages, jamborees, games that you saw on tape, highlights from the news, games you saw on vacation, etc. how did you manage to get in thirty+ games? I probably saw about thirty games+ but I'd have to add in some middle school games to say that I've seen that many. Plus if you are a big Hillsboro fan then you probably went to all of their games since you saw Arrent so much.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Apr 13 2007 - 07:42 AM) 826436499[/snapback]Well again you are miss informed the young man has already been offered and has not accepted. He has a 4.0 GPA and made a 1400+ on the SAT along with 2500yds+ passing. so yes I disagree with you. I would most likely say Vandy or an Ivy league school but has been offered and that is all I have to say about that.

Im glad to hear that Im wrong on this one. But if he has a 4.0 and 1400+ on his SAT then is he getting an athletic scholarship or an academic scholarship? Vandy would be great and I would definately eat my words but I would have to say that even though an ivy league school is prestigious they are typically prestigious because of the academics not because of how good their football team is.