Fulton Spring Practice ?

Bravey

QUOTE(ruse? @ Apr 13 2007 - 04:43 PM) 826436950[/snapback]. Now Tadvols, quit whining like Granny Lou Holtz about Fulton's line. What they don't have now, they will have come August. Thats why those coaches have all those rings.

Now if he wants to whine about the line let him.. I love hearing these Fulton people cry... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Nah but in my opinion, I think Fulton line will be ok. Uh, I'm not a Fulton fan at all and many of you know that but the last 2 years I posted on here something about Fulton's line being a question mark and look what happen. so I'm just going to sit back and watch the Falcons this year.

Hopefully like you said Tadvols, my Roadrunners can step up to the plate but we have a few question marks too. The OL, DL, and QB will be spots we must fill. But as the saying goes, "How Bout Dem Roadrunners?" WE AIGHT...That's right, we'll be aight!!

Good luck Fulton Falcons I'm still missing KW(R.I.P.)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(cherries @ Apr 14 2007 - 03:30 PM) 826437526[/snapback]Is there any teams that don't have their O-line and D-line as a question mark?

Cherries.

I'll presume you are asking about 2-3A.

Fulton: Like I said. Big, but lack experience. Also, what they don't have, they get & coach. That's why those coaches have all those rings. On offense, they will get them in shape, and coach them up. On Defense, the Line will be big and athletic enough to not allow blockers to get to the LBs.

AE: They get their Center back (Woods) along with others that have experience in Gary Brown and Tyler McCain. McCain was hurt some last year. I am not sure if the McCaleb kid is back. I believe he was a Jr. last yr. Started as a Soph. They also have some very good talent coming up in Rodney Billings and Justin Thompson. Two youngsters to look out for would be Tyrell Pletcher and Dana Littlejohn, both of whom are supposed to be real talents. That is enough big athletic kids to have a solid OL, and good rotation on the DL. Also, they have a new OL coach in Jarvis Reado (Former UT OL). If they solve the QB puzzle, AE will run deep into the playoffs this yr. Too early to tell, but they should have a very talented Fr. QB by the name of Brandon Lopez. Yeah, just a Fr., but so was Stinson.

Catholic: On the OL, they have 2 of their 5 starters back. I think. On the DL, I believe they have all five (NT, 2 DTs and both DEs) back. Also, both LBs and 2 of 4 DBs are back. D will be a strength for Catholic this year. Zak Tait was All State as a Soph last yr. I understand that both LBs (Garret Trussler and Dustin Tait) are being looked at by a # of programs, as is the Safety who also started at QB last yr., Eric Lindsey.

Anderson County: On the OL, because of his size and blocking ability, Johnathan Sharpe will be a factor. They have their Center back which is always key, as well a Guinn at OT. The DL will have Rodgers, who is very good (Zane), Guinn, and Sheehan.

Scott: They return a lot on both lines. Should be improved with all the lifting that they have been doing.

Kingston: Has both DTs and a NT back, OL lost all from last yr., I believe.

LA: Don't know. They lost two pretty good OLs last yr. One being the Center (Holt).

Stone: Don't know. Trying to find out more.

QUOTE(ruse? @ Apr 15 2007 - 10:56 AM) 826437798[/snapback]Too early to tell, but they should have a very talented Fr. QB by the name of Brandon Lopez. Yeah, just a Fr., but so was Stinson.

LOPEZ /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Its good to hear/read about a player who has the potential to be one of the top players to come out of Knoxville being mention already. Brandon, should get some snaps this year but I wouldn't consider him the starter yet. In my opinion, he could land amongst the Top 3 but right now, I project him to play a little RB or WR his freshman year.

But you never know, Coach Graham might let him show off his arm. I can't wait til next year.

Can anyone confirm the date of the Fulton at AE game? I heard its been moved back to later date sorta like Week 8 or 9. Please tell me if this is true or not..

QUOTE(Turtle @ Apr 13 2007 - 09:50 PM) 826437184[/snapback]Now if he wants to whine about the line let him.. I love hearing these Fulton people cry... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Nah but in my opinion, I think Fulton line will be ok. Uh, I'm not a Fulton fan at all and many of you know that but the last 2 years I posted on here something about Fulton's line being a question mark and look what happen. so I'm just going to sit back and watch the Falcons this year.

Hopefully like you said Tadvols, my Roadrunners can step up to the plate but we have a few question marks too. The OL, DL, and QB will be spots we must fill. But as the saying goes, "How Bout Dem Roadrunners?" WE AIGHT...That's right, we'll be aight!!

Good luck Fulton Falcons I'm still missing KW(R.I.P.)

Turtle you are more optimistic about OL for falcons than I am ... Coach Black will have to pull a rabbit out of the hat this year ... he is tough and they need toughness .. I know I was on the bad end of some of that toughness way back in the day 1974 when Coach Black was to me even tougher .. you are correct we miss KW .. seeing the seconds tick off in the title game this year at MTSU I looked down the stands at all the Black family and it was emotional for them because season had been dedicated to her .. it was a great memory .... in talking about Jack Wagner .. I remember one Falcon coach telling me at the first of last year that were giving Jack another chance to prove himself and the one thing he said about Jack that stood out was his competitiveness .. coach told me that Jack could be playing QB against the PATRIOTS and he would think he was better ..he had that kind of confidence !! Again hope he gets his life straight .... its good to talk a little football ... I love it when August gets here abd it brings back those memories of practice and those smelly under shirts underneath the shoulder pads ... man what a great smell .. one that I wish I was 16 years old again and getting to run out on that field ... High School football is where its at !!

QUOTE(Turtle @ Apr 15 2007 - 03:01 PM) 826438007[/snapback]LOPEZ /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Its good to hear/read about a player who has the potential to be one of the top players to come out of Knoxville being mention already. Brandon, should get some snaps this year but I wouldn't consider him the starter yet. In my opinion, he could land amongst the Top 3 but right now, I project him to play a little RB or WR his freshman year.

But you never know, Coach Graham might let him show off his arm. I can't wait til next year.

Can anyone confirm the date of the Fulton at AE game? I heard its been moved back to later date sorta like Week 8 or 9. Please tell me if this is true or not..

Turtle.

Not sure of the exact date. However, here is what I believe AE's Schedule to be.

Webb or Pearl C.

Catholic

Carter

Scott

Brainard

LA

AC

Stone

FULTON FALCONS (The $ game)

Kingston

QUOTE(ruse? @ Apr 16 2007 - 10:49 AM) 826438490[/snapback]Turtle.

Not sure of the exact date. However, here is what I believe AE's Schedule to be.

Webb or Pearl C.

Catholic

Carter

Scott

Brainard

LA

AC

Stone

FULTON FALCONS (The $ game)

Kingston

Wow Pearl Co? I've heard that Webb is no longer there. I will try to get a schedule and confirm the dates of these games. I'll try to get it on here before the end of this week...

QUOTE(Turtle @ Apr 16 2007 - 12:43 PM) 826438675[/snapback]Wow Pearl Co? I've heard that Webb is no longer there. I will try to get a schedule and confirm the dates of these games. I'll try to get it on here before the end of this week...

Turtle.

Thanks. Not 100% about PC. That is what I was told after the Webb game went by the wayside. PC was tough last yr, and should be pretty tough this yr. as well. However, your Roadrunners have opened up with Red Bank, Fulton and Catholic, back to back to back for the last couple of yrs. so you should be used to the challenge. Plus if it goes that way we can talk trash with Big Country about which is the toughest Region in 3A:)

QUOTE(Turtle @ Apr 16 2007 - 06:49 PM) 826438859[/snapback]you're right.. I know Red Bank isn't on the schedule I know that for sure. I'm working on getting a schedule.. do you have Fulton's schedule?

Turtle ..I may have a couple teams out of place but here is who they play I think in correct order ..

Oak Ridge

Anderson Co

Morristown East

Stone Memorial

Chatt Tyner

Scott Co

Kingston

Catholic

Austin East

Livingston Academy

Hey Tadvols, Falcon fans, or folks either having to cover or beat Vic Smith next year.

As I have said, he has the potential to make people forget about Freeny (who was the difference in the 2nd Catholic game last yr.) Mr. Smith goes to the Columbus Ohio Nike Combine.....and lays down an electronic 4.4 40. Yeah Tadvols, I know.."no OL experience". Smith, and Humphrey on the other side, Cobb, Stokes, Stinson, Blair. Gimmmee a break. Seriously, congrats to Mr. Smith. Take care of your business and play at the next level. I also heard that four guys from Catholic (LBs Garret Trussler & Dustin Tait as well as OL/DL Zak Tait and a DE Mubarek (sp?) were there and must have done well because they were invited to some of the Nike camps (where college coaches are apparently still allowed to attend as opposed to combines). So with Kenny Jones (AE LB) doing well at the Army All American Combine, and the above, I would say that even with guys like Rogan, Freeney, Hammilton, Harrison Smith, Anthony Anderson, and Jarred Troutman gone; the speed will be there in 2-3A this yr.

As an aside, I heard Andre Sterling RB at Farragut, and Derrick Boyce RB at Webb also posted times in the 4.4s.

QUOTE(ruse? @ Apr 16 2007 - 03:07 PM) 826438720[/snapback]Turtle.

Thanks. Not 100% about PC. That is what I was told after the Webb game went by the wayside. PC was tough last yr, and should be pretty tough this yr. as well. However, your Roadrunners have opened up with Red Bank, Fulton and Catholic, back to back to back for the last couple of yrs. so you should be used to the challenge. Plus if it goes that way we can talk trash with Big Country about which is the toughest Region in 3A:)

If AE plays PC then my schedule info is entirely mixed up. I know PC's schedule has 6 region games are 4 non-region games. The 4 non-region games are Whites Creek, Maplewood, Stratford, & from what I hear the last one is Memphis East.

Are you sure AE is not playing Maplewood ruse?