Rockwood & Harriman

baseball100

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Oger T Raylo @ Apr 21 2007 - 08:28 AM) 826442288[/snapback]Doughty had 14 homers last year(not 17). Wilson hit 12 beating out Greg Ross for the Rockwood record . Doughty however has 16 as of yesterday .

Thanks Oger. You are correct in that Greg Ross had the single season record and Stuart McCullough had the career (Stuart had 1 more career HR than Greg), but Wyatt beat both records pretty handily. Doesn't matter anymore though, Doughty has both in the bag and appears to be adding to the totals with every swing. Pretty Impressive.

QUOTE(MSUBac2001 @ Apr 21 2007 - 11:35 AM) 826442341[/snapback]Thanks Oger. You are correct in that Greg Ross had the single season record and Stuart McCullough had the career (Stuart had 1 more career HR than Greg), but Wyatt beat both records pretty handily. Doesn't matter anymore though, Doughty has both in the bag and appears to be adding to the totals with every swing. Pretty Impressive.

how many games did they play during Ross's time?

QUOTE(ballslinger21 @ Apr 21 2007 - 02:55 PM) 826442433[/snapback]how many games did they play during Ross's time?

Honestly, not as many as now. From 1988-through 97, I know RHS never played 30 games in a season and thats counting the district tournament. Of course, Ross played before that, but I would assume things didn't change much until the time around Lane's 5th season as HC. The best overall single season record Rockwood had until from 1971 to 1999 was 16-8 or close to that and the most games played that I know of was 29 in 1996 (12-17 record).

Coach Lane's first 3 seasons at RHS as HC (94-96), we had losing records. They did have winning seasons in 97 and 98, but the breakthrough season for Rockwood baseball was truly 1999. That was the team that started the State Tournament run. The number of games RHS has played each year increased significantly around that time and now its normal to see RHS play 30+ games as compared to 25 or so prior to that.

In my four years, I think we played more every year than the previous year. My freshman year, I think we only played around 32 games or something. My senior year we played 42 and won the most in school history (30). Records are meant to be broken, regardless or circumstances (i.e. Barry Bonds, or size of the field). Regardless of how many Shane ends up with, he's a heck of a hitter who could probably swing the bat pretty well collegiately as high as the D-2 level after he graduates next year.