6AA games next week any thoughts

thechosen1

QUOTE(luvbball @ May 2 2007 - 07:11 AM) 826449764[/snapback]Actually. . . . .ND won the City side and Marion won the Valley side with records of 10-2 and 9-2 respectively. ND wins overall by virtue of beating Marion 7-4 in the second week of the season. Congrats to ND and MC.

You are correct. I have corrected the error. Thanks.

As to the pairings, if correct, Howard and CCS play today. Winner plays Grundy tomorrow while ER will play Bledsoe.

Those winners will play Hixson and Seq on Friday and those winnes will play ND and Marion on Sat.

No idea the Fri or Sat matchups because I assume the higher seed will host. and I can't predict the early round winners.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rabble Rouser @ May 2 2007 - 07:34 AM) 826449791[/snapback]You are correct. I have corrected the error. Thanks.

As to the pairings, if correct, Howard and CCS play today. Winner plays Grundy tomorrow while ER will play Bledsoe.

Those winners will play Hixson and Seq on Friday and those winnes will play ND and Marion on Sat.

No idea the Fri or Sat matchups because I assume the higher seed will host. and I can't predict the early round winners.

Thank you. Is Howard going to play?

QUOTE(GARGANTUAN @ May 2 2007 - 12:26 PM) 826450108[/snapback]Who all has the Holloway kid beat.....Who did the 2 teams (Marion,Notre Dame) throw earlier in the season when they played

/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> What are you doing? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Not trying to stir the pot but Marion, ND and Hixson all tied for overall first place. All had 10 - 2 distrcit records. I realize both ND and Marion both beat Hixson but 10 - 2 is still their record. ND won a tie breaker on runs allowed in the city division vs Hixson and Marion won the valley division with best record.

These are still the best two teams but there was a three way tie for the overall. The #1 seedings are for tournament play.

QUOTE(JuanUribe @ May 2 2007 - 03:43 PM) 826450232[/snapback]Not trying to stir the pot but Marion, ND and Hixson all tied for overall first place. All had 10 - 2 distrcit records. I realize both ND and Marion both beat Hixson but 10 - 2 is still their record. ND won a tie breaker on runs allowed in the city division vs Hixson and Marion won the valley division with best record.

These are still the best two teams but there was a three way tie for the overall. The #1 seedings are for tournament play.

Correct on all accounts, but you left out that ND beat Marion head to head.

I still say the tournament will be tough and don't think

the two winners will be the two to advance. Not saying they aren't both quality teams, just believe the district is competitive and no one has that dominate pitcher. Actually, I've yet to see that kid all year. I've seen some good ones, but no studs.

Edit: What I meant to say was I don't think the tourney winner will be the regular winner. Could be the same two, but a different order or two completely different teams. How's that for hedging? Not meant as a slight to anyone, but pointing out the competiviness of the league.

QUOTE(Rabble Rouser @ May 3 2007 - 08:06 AM) 826450664[/snapback]Correct on all accounts, but you left out that ND beat Marion head to head.

I still say the tournament will be tough and don't think

the two winners will be the two to advance. Not saying they aren't both quality teams, just believe the district is competitive and no one has that dominate pitcher. Actually, I've yet to see that kid all year. I've seen some good ones, but no studs.

I think ND will win it with Marion 2nd. I think this winner will also win the region and they could even sweep the 5AA winners depending on who wins it.

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ May 3 2007 - 08:09 AM) 826450722[/snapback]I think ND will win it with Marion 2nd. I think this winner will also win the region and they could even sweep the 5AA winners depending on who wins it.

From what I can tell, I'd say you are correct. 6AA has been very competitive both in thre

district and outside, playing the best around and fairing well. Getting out of the district will likely be the toughest task.