RIVERDALE LADY WARRIORS

riverdaleman

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 26 2007 - 03:03 PM) 826467600[/snapback]no one has even mentioned the umpires on here except you so what is the complaint?

all we have done is congratulate our girls and our opponents there has been no complaining of anything

There was plenty of crying last year after Clifford's umpires beat you in the sectional. I just figured we would here some more of the same. What's your excuse this time?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(youwilneverno @ May 26 2007 - 06:19 PM) 826467687[/snapback]There was plenty of crying last year after Clifford's umpires beat you in the sectional. I just figured we would here some more of the same. What's your excuse this time?

Excuse for what??? Going to state for the first time in school history?? Winning third, the highest finish at state in softball by any Rutherford county team???? Breaking the national strike out record???Winning 50 games??? Being one of the top teams in the state with mostly sophomores on the roster? I repeat........ excuse for what?

QUOTE(swingaway @ May 26 2007 - 06:34 PM) 826467694[/snapback]Excuse for what??? Going to state for the first time in school history?? Winning third, the highest finish at state in softball by any Rutherford county team???? Breaking the national strike out record???Winning 50 games??? Being one of the top teams in the state with mostly sophomores on the roster? I repeat........ excuse for what?

Ms. Swingaway where have you been. I have been worried to death about my good friend. We know you are devastated about the loses this week, but I for one am glad you got back up from the mat after the big knock out, and the big spin you put on the season accomplishments makes me realize that you are ready to put your best foot forward to get ready for next year. You are a true champ. Don't worry about that trophy, it is in good hands. You should get your own trophy for staying positive.

QUOTE(swingaway @ May 26 2007 - 05:34 PM) 826467694[/snapback]Excuse for what??? Going to state for the first time in school history?? Winning third, the highest finish at state in softball by any Rutherford county team???? Breaking the national strike out record???Winning 50 games??? Being one of the top teams in the state with mostly sophomores on the roster? I repeat........ excuse for what?

WINNING THIRD??????? Don't you mean LOSING SECOND???????

QUOTE(youwilneverno @ May 26 2007 - 08:09 PM) 826467743[/snapback]WINNING THIRD??????? Don't you mean LOSING SECOND???????

No. I mean winning third. Riverdale five years ago could not even win their own district, in fact they never had a winning season. They played on delapidated fields and had no parent support. A top notch program isnt built in a day. So I really do mean winning third.

QUOTE(swingaway @ May 26 2007 - 08:53 PM) 826467787[/snapback]No. I mean winning third. Riverdale five years ago could not even win their own district, in fact they never had a winning season. They played on delapidated fields and had no parent support. A top notch program isnt built in a day. So I really do mean winning third.

ERA has been gone a couple of years . You will be gone after next year. If your program is not where it needs to be, how long does it take to build a top notch program? I hope the alumni (from more than five years ago) does not read what you think of them. They may stop supporting you.

QUOTE(justchewinfat @ May 26 2007 - 08:22 PM) 826467806[/snapback]ERA has been gone a couple of years . You will be gone after next year. If your program is not where it needs to be, how long does it take to build a top notch program? I hope the alumni (from more than five years ago) does not read what you think of them. They may stop supporting you.

the alumni wont stop supporting the softball team and i dont think there was anything wrong with the statement she made except for winning record part (we did have winning records but no where near as good as we are now) everyone knows to be successful you have to be willing to work from the coach to the parents to the fans in the past we have had a football or a basketball coach the softball team and the softball team was secondary to them now we have a football coach but softball is equally important so when the coach works everyone else does to..hopefully that swingaway(i dont know who that person is) wont be gone when the child is gone and will continue to support RIVERDALE and RIVERDALE ATHELTICS and it is people like that that propels programs to the next level

Our program is where it needs to be and it will be better next year. It has gotten there step by step. When Coach Breeden came things started happening for Riverdale. I think everyone would agree. The first thing he did was rally parental support and start fundraising. I mean massive amounts of fundraising.The standing water in right field was fixed. The field was regraded to be playable. The rusted fences were removed, real dugouts were added and we got actual grass in the outfield. We got a concession stand instead of a rotting shed. We got bathrooms.The team started training hard. The parents and kids rallyed together , fundraised some more, and built a 60 thousand dollar indoor batting and pitching cage. The girls got involved in lessons, and playing in the summer. They practiced long hours with coach. I dont know any other team that has worked as hard. ERA and the parents in that class are proud as they led the way 5 years ago.

QUOTE(swingaway @ May 27 2007 - 05:03 AM) 826467928[/snapback]Our program is where it needs to be and it will be better next year. It has gotten there step by step. When Coach Breeden came things started happening for Riverdale. I think everyone would agree. The first thing he did was rally parental support and start fundraising. I mean massive amounts of fundraising.The standing water in right field was fixed. The field was regraded to be playable. The rusted fences were removed, real dugouts were added and we got actual grass in the outfield. We got a concession stand instead of a rotting shed. We got bathrooms.The team started training hard. The parents and kids rallyed together , fundraised some more, and built a 60 thousand dollar indoor batting and pitching cage. The girls got involved in lessons, and playing in the summer. They practiced long hours with coach. I dont know any other team that has worked as hard. ERA and the parents in that class are proud as they led the way 5 years ago.

Actually the first thing Breeden did was bring the good players from Coffee Co. (illegally) to Riverdale.

QUOTE(youwilneverno @ May 27 2007 - 07:26 AM) 826467936[/snapback]Actually the first thing Breeden did was bring the good players from Coffee Co. (illegally) to Riverdale.

Oh, OK , two kids did come up with him from coffee county five years ago but their families moved here. Is an entire family moving illegal? The short stop from Mt. Juliet moved into their zone just this year. She was legal. I could list probably 5 or 6 more. Your point is???

QUOTE(youwilneverno @ May 27 2007 - 07:26 AM) 826467936[/snapback]Actually the first thing Breeden did was bring the good players from Coffee Co. (illegally) to Riverdale.

The facts are there by this thread alone to back up my statements earlier. Riverdale is on top. Maybe not the state champion yet, but the fact jealousies, pettiness and small minded accusations continue are prophetic signs of just how powerful the Riverdale program is. Every snide remark is one more brick in the wall of how great the Riverdale program is and these few are not smart enough to figure that out. So you Riverdale girls be proud and understand that sometimes adults can pay you the biggest compliments by their glib jealousies. You just have to rise above it and not respond to it and understand that there will always be a green monster staring at your back. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

"Who surpasses or subdues mankind, must look down on the hate of those below." - Lord Byron