COFFEE COUNTY SPRING CLASSIC

daddyraider

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, Mr. betheball, tennspy, Harmon will be quiet with his greater than thou attitude, hopefully. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Congrats to Goodpasture, I knew all that hard work would pay off. Congrats to the coach for playing such a tough schedule. Keep it up at State!!

QUOTE(stlbrd @ May 2 2007 - 07:18 PM) 826450323[/snapback]Goodpasture 1 Brentwood 0.............MAY 2nd ......................COUNT IT! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

enough said /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

How is the Tennessean going to rank the teams now?

1) Mt. Juliet ( beat Riverdale twice, lost once to them, won against Goodpasture but has losses to Hendersonville)

2) Brentwood ( two losses to Goodpasture, one in preseason one today, one win against Goodpasture, hasn't played Beech, Mt. Juliet, Hendersonville, 1 win against Riverdale)

3) Riverdale ( loss to Brentwood, and Mt. Juliet, but a win against Mt. Juliet, 3 wins against Goodpasture, win against Hendersonville)

4) Hendersonville ( losses against Riverdale, wins against Goodpasture, Mt. Juliet)

5) Goodpasture ( beat Brentwood but lost to Brentwood once, has loses to Mt. Juliet , Hendersonville, split with Beech,and 3 losses against Riverdale)

or would it be :

1) Mt. Juliet

2 ) Riverdale

3) Goodpasture

4) Brentwood

5) Hendersonville

Penalizing Brentwood because they haven't played anybody else so they can be ranked

QUOTE(headinghome @ May 2 2007 - 08:54 PM) 826450407[/snapback]How is the Tennessean going to rank the teams now?

1) Mt. Juliet ( beat Riverdale twice, lost once to them, won against Goodpasture but has losses to Hendersonville)

2) Brentwood ( two losses to Goodpasture, one in preseason one today, one win against Goodpasture, hasn't played Beech, Mt. Juliet, Hendersonville, 1 win against Riverdale)

3) Riverdale ( loss to Brentwood, and Mt. Juliet, but a win against Mt. Juliet, 3 wins against Goodpasture, win against Hendersonville)

4) Hendersonville ( losses against Riverdale, wins against Goodpasture, Mt. Juliet)

5) Goodpasture ( beat Brentwood but lost to Brentwood once, has loses to Mt. Juliet , Hendersonville, split with Beech,and 3 losses against Riverdale)

or would it be :

1) Mt. Juliet

2 ) Riverdale

3) Goodpasture

4) Brentwood

5) Hendersonville

Penalizing Brentwood because they haven't played anybody else so they can be ranked

Hendersonville should move into the top three (or two), winning the strongest district in the state (9AAA) is not an easy task...... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(stlbrd @ May 3 2007 - 07:22 AM) 826450629[/snapback]Hendersonville should move into the top three (or two), winning the strongest district in the state (9AAA) is not an easy task...... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I agree, but who would move down? They have beat Mt. Juliet, but lost to Riverdale, and Mt. Juliet has 2 out of 3 contests against Riverdale. Goodpasture deserves to be above Brentwood, or tied with Brentwood, but they have losses to Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, and several losses to Riverdale. How would you rank these teams. Record???? I do not know how he is going to do this.

QUOTE(headinghome @ May 3 2007 - 11:55 AM) 826450867[/snapback]I agree, but who would move down? They have beat Mt. Juliet, but lost to Riverdale, and Mt. Juliet has 2 out of 3 contests against Riverdale. Goodpasture deserves to be above Brentwood, or tied with Brentwood, but they have losses to Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, and several losses to Riverdale. How would you rank these teams. Record???? I do not know how he is going to do this.

Using only those 5 teams.....

Tied 1.)Brentwood, Riverdale, Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet

2.)Goodpasture

Goodpasture was #7 last week (I think) don't see them jumping in front of Hendersonville or Mt. Juliet.

QUOTE(headinghome @ May 2 2007 - 08:54 PM) 826450407[/snapback]How is the Tennessean going to rank the teams now?

or would it be :

1) Mt. Juliet

2 ) Riverdale

3) Goodpasture

4) Brentwood

5) Hendersonville

If you are going to include preseason games, Brentwood beat MJ at a scrimmage at BHS,

then MJ beat Brentwood at Beech playday.

Being on the short end of the stick against most of these teams I believe the should be rank the following.

1. Brentwood-best tandum pitchers in the state. Each batter up and down the line up put the ball in play, very hard to strike out. In the long run this team does the best against great pitching.

2. Mt Juliet-One of the best pitchers in the state with MAC, and I believe the best power hitting team in the state. If a pitcher makes a mistake they are going to take advantage of it. I would of never bet that any team would take two out on Cat.

3. Riverdale-again one of the best pitchers in the state especially if she is getting the corners. As long as the ump doesnt bring a round plate she will dominate. Coaching and small ball will carry this team far.

4. Hendersonville-Most all around solid team. KK does not overpower teams, she make them hit her pitches. Great defense behind her, and mature bats that adjust. If you do not get ahead of this team early chances are you will lose.

5. Goodpasture-Devon has been batttling through a broken rib, but she is hitting her spots and keeping teams scoreless. The defense has stepped up and played great the last couple weeks. The bats are still question mark, and with the youth in the line-up they are just learning how to adjust to certain pitchers.

6. Beech-You never know what you are going to get with Beech. One day the can be dominating in every aspect of the game. Other days not so much. They have the best 3/4 in the state with Brooke and Colby.

Just my opinion

QUOTE(softballscout @ May 4 2007 - 08:47 AM) 826451487[/snapback]Being on the short end of the stick against most of these teams I believe the should be rank the following.

1. Brentwood-best tandum pitchers in the state. Each batter up and down the line up put the ball in play, very hard to strike out. In the long run this team does the best against great pitching.

2. Mt Juliet-One of the best pitchers in the state with MAC, and I believe the best power hitting team in the state. If a pitcher makes a mistake they are going to take advantage of it. I would of never bet that any team would take two out on Cat.

3. Riverdale-again one of the best pitchers in the state especially if she is getting the corners. As long as the ump doesnt bring a round plate she will dominate. Coaching and small ball will carry this team far.

4. Hendersonville-Most all around solid team. KK does not overpower teams, she make them hit her pitches. Great defense behind her, and mature bats that adjust. If you do not get ahead of this team early chances are you will lose.

5. Goodpasture-Devon has been batttling through a broken rib, but she is hitting her spots and keeping teams scoreless. The defense has stepped up and played great the last couple weeks. The bats are still question mark, and with the youth in the line-up they are just learning how to adjust to certain pitchers.

6. Beech-You never know what you are going to get with Beech. One day the can be dominating in every aspect of the game. Other days not so much. They have the best 3/4 in the state with Brooke and Colby.

Just my opinion

I agree with everything except MJ being the best power hitting team in the state. Don't get me wrong, they are a great hitting team, but they only have 2 maybe 3 "power hitters". I would be willing to bet that Beech has more home runs than MJ. It is difficult to rank these teams since MJ beat Riverdale twice and Hville beat MJ twice and lost to Riverdale once. Hopefully 3 of these teams will be at state (AAA) (only 3 of them have an opportunity to get there) It is a shame that two of the five AAA teams will not make it to state when any one of them could win it all.........Good luck to GP, looks like they might be starting to "gel" at the right time!

QUOTE(stlbrd @ May 4 2007 - 08:19 PM) 826452009[/snapback]I agree with everything except MJ being the best power hitting team in the state. Don't get me wrong, they are a great hitting team, but they only have 2 maybe 3 "power hitters". I would be willing to bet that Beech has more home runs than MJ. It is difficult to rank these teams since MJ beat Riverdale twice and Hville beat MJ twice and lost to Riverdale once. Hopefully 3 of these teams will be at state (AAA) (only 3 of them have an opportunity to get there) It is a shame that two of the five AAA teams will not make it to state when any one of them could win it all.........Good luck to GP, looks like they might be starting to "gel" at the right time!

It's not possible for three teams out of the same district to get to regionals is it? It has to be the two best of Mt. Juliet - Hendersonville - or Wilson Central - or Beech ( or whoever) and once we get through that, the second place team has to get through Brentwood, who will be first in their district, Correct? Please explain how this works.