COFFEE COUNTY SPRING CLASSIC

daddyraider

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(justchewinfat @ May 24 2007 - 09:55 PM) 826466496[/snapback]AND DOWWWWN GOES RIVERDALE......Thats the Riverdale were used to seeing this time of year. Can they get up off the mat......When MJ knocks them out tomorrow, better keep the sharp objects away from Ms. Swingaway....LOL

I can see into the future, by remembering the past.

QUOTE(justchewinfat @ May 25 2007 - 06:49 AM) 826466743[/snapback]If you win Saturday, I will congratulate the girls. You sound like you are not so sure you can do it. I don't think you came here for third place. Wow no confidence from a Riverdale parent. You are usually the cockiest bunch around. Looks like Soddy put you in your place. If you could have won, Ms. Swingaway and ERA would have been on here all night long telling us how great they are. Where are they? Like I said, keep the sharp objects away from them.

i am proud of our girls they played hard and didnt the breaks they needed agaisnt soddy and soddy did get the breaks against us I understand comoing out of the losers bracket is tough and that MT Juliet is a very good team so did i think we could do it YES but i knew it would be tough...i love how you have catergorized everyone from your opinion of a few parents but thats ok..we only had 3 SRs so most of this team will be back next year and we can go for it again

obviously you come to win state BUT you also have to put it into perspective...there are few hunderd grils and schools who wish they were where we was this week

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 25 2007 - 01:08 PM) 826466984[/snapback]i am proud of our girls they played hard and didnt the breaks they needed agaisnt soddy and soddy did get the breaks against us I understand comoing out of the losers bracket is tough and that MT Juliet is a very good team so did i think we could do it YES but i knew it would be tough...i love how you have catergorized everyone from your opinion of a few parents but thats ok..we only had 3 SRs so most of this team will be back next year and we can go for it again

obviously you come to win state BUT you also have to put it into perspective...there are few hunderd grils and schools who wish they were where we was this week

You have some great kids. Cat is one of the nicest kids around, and well respected for her pitching, but the few obnoxious parents including Swingaway and ERA cause most of the other schools root against you. Good luck next year.

Sincerely,.....Mr. Fat.

QUOTE(justchewinfat @ May 25 2007 - 01:31 PM) 826467005[/snapback]You have some great kids. Cat is one of the nicest kids around, and well respected for her pitching, but the few obnoxious parents including Swingaway and ERA cause most of the other schools root against you. Good luck next year.

Sincerely,.....Mr. Fat.

Maybe I shouldnt say this, and it probably doesnt matter, but I know for a fact ERA isnt a Riverdale parent. He is a fan and he really is a nice guy in a joking sort of way. I agree he is obnoxious but he is very knowledgable of the game. He built a incredible devise he showed Club K that helped batters analyze their swings. He took it to tournaments to help girls learn what they needed to correct while hitting at games. Pretty helpful.

QUOTE(justchewinfat @ May 25 2007 - 01:31 PM) 826467005[/snapback]You have some great kids. Cat is one of the nicest kids around, and well respected for her pitching, but the few obnoxious parents including Swingaway and ERA cause most of the other schools root against you. Good luck next year.

Sincerely,.....Mr. Fat.

The only obnoxious person/ fan on this board is you. All you do is attack teams with your posts and get bent out of shape when they respond negitively to you. It is too late to come back with nice little comments like " they are great kids" and a lame " good luck next year" after you have been dogging their team aggressively for a month telling them they were going to choke. They read this board. I am from Brentwood, and no we did not make it to the championship game either but that does not mean we didnt have a successful season.

First, I want to say thanks to all the girls AND fans AND parents of the Riverdale team for a fantastic season run. Absolutely incredible. I must say, Riverdale softball has climbed to new levels of excellence and, by that, has brought the level of play around middle Tennessee to a new level. AAA Teams such as Riverdale, Siegel, Brentwood, Dickson, Coffee and Lincoln have been perennial power houses that typically set the benchmark for excellence. Granted some years are rebuilding years but for the most part, always contend to win tournament play. Riverdale is in it's fourth year as a contender. Not bad for a program that barely had a field and maybe one 2nd place district win back in '87 (someone correct me please). Their rise has sparked interest in that area to new levels. Tradition is something Riverdale and Siegel aspires to while most other contenders have it. You have to start somewhere and Riverdale got there faster than any other team that I can remember. They've been knocked out by one run or one bad break in prior years. Getting to state is an accomplishment in itself and most certainly something to be proud of. What was just a scratched out dirt spot in a field next to the high school became a first class field that other schools have copied and everyone knows that copying is the best form of flattery. Coach B would be mad at me for saying that I would be happy just to go to state because he settles for nothing less than a championship, as he should, but being there is something special in itself, that he would readily admit. It's an accomplishment that gives you reflection on all your hard work with gratification knowing you've been recognized as an elite. Without the support of the great parents of Riverdale and their hard work, none of this would ever have happened. To some, "driven" is mistaken as "obnoxious" and small minds will always make that mistake. Excitement is what this game is all about and Riverdale is living it. You couldn't ask for anything more in that department.

What a great year and congrats to all of them, including Soddy. They are the team that everyone strives to beat. JustChewinFat, your posts have at least kept the fire going and inspired others to do the same. THIS, in itself, is an old tradition. As I said in an earlier post, ANYONE could win it and the Riverdale/Mt. Juliet game was prophecy. I hate it for Riverdale but can you imagine inspiration the MJ girls felt when they won that game? Screaming the fact that they came out of the loser's bracket and beat Riverdale? THAT, my friends, says it ALL! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Best @ May 25 2007 - 07:14 PM) 826467170[/snapback]Maybe I shouldnt say this, and it probably doesnt matter, but I know for a fact ERA isnt a Riverdale parent. He is a fan and he really is a nice guy in a joking sort of way. I agree he is obnoxious but he is very knowledgable of the game. He built a incredible devise he showed Club K that helped batters analyze their swings. He took it to tournaments to help girls learn what they needed to correct while hitting at games. Pretty helpful.

ME...OBNOXIOUS!!!??? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Well, maybe a little but it is always meant in a joking way. Sometimes the typewritten word does not always get across the meaning...so I use pictures... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I'm glad you and Bluesfan understand me. I really like a good laugh and try hard to get them. Life's too short. You guys are great! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(bluesfan @ May 26 2007 - 05:48 AM) 826467402[/snapback]The only obnoxious person/ fan on this board is you. All you do is attack teams with your posts and get bent out of shape when they respond negitively to you. It is too late to come back with nice little comments like " they are great kids" and a lame " good luck next year" after you have been dogging their team aggressively for a month telling them they were going to choke. They read this board. I am from Brentwood, and no we did not make it to the championship game either but that does not mean we didnt have a successful season.

I have never said anything negative about Brentwood, but if you must attack me, from what I hear (and I am from the other side of the hill ) Brentwood was way over- rated and avoided the best tournaments this season. You had more than 40 wins because of your weak district and hand picked tournaments. You were not prepared for the competition when you needed to be. That is what happens when you trophy hunt. I hope your coach can grow up and stop turning cartwheels in the face of her competition. I will also tell Brentwood "GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR" BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT.

Also, without me on this board you people would have nothing to talk about. (YOUR WELCOME)

QUOTE(ERA @ May 26 2007 - 08:51 AM) 826467437[/snapback]ME...OBNOXIOUS!!!??? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Well, maybe a little but it is always meant in a joking way. Sometimes the typewritten word does not always get across the meaning...so I use pictures... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I'm glad you and Bluesfan understand me. I really like a good laugh and try hard to get them. Life's too short. You guys are great! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

ERA takes obnoxious as a compliment /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Maybe the MJ girls felt so good because of the negative posts from a "few" Riverdale fans when their late season game was postponed. Speaking of trash talking. Seems to always be a few. Seems to be a way of life for some programs or at least a few people who support some programs.

MJ was there last year so I don't think they didn't think they couldn't win as well as the fact that they had beaten Riverdale this year.

At some point it would seem some would learn to "let a sleeping dog lie." But they won't and the trash talking will continue. And people will learn to hate some programs not because of what they accomplish on the field (which is what should be desired by programs) but because of what they do off the field (on this board - again by a few).