4/27 South-Doyle at Bearden

Thasmykeez

QUOTE(NedNatterjack @ Apr 27 2007 - 01:24 PM) 826446891[/snapback]My bad, I should chill out. I actually really want SD to beat Bearden, and I just think that by obsessing over players being out that they are setting themselves up for failure.

No joke...I really want SD to win this game.

yeah its not obsessing but we are going into this game fairly injured. we would love to beat bearden as well and i promise that the kids on the field will be trying their best not just for u ned

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NedNatterjack @ Apr 27 2007 - 11:24 AM) 826446891[/snapback]My bad, I should chill out. I actually really want SD to beat Bearden, and I just think that by obsessing over players being out that they are setting themselves up for failure.

No joke...I really want SD to win this game.

Thanks, we really want this game too. Although we are alot like maryville with a lack of depth in our bench. I would say we have maybe 2 average subs that could step into a game. It hurts having two crucial players out in this big game but we will do what we can and give it 120%. We are ready to step up to this challenge and can't wait for 7 p.m. tonight. Good luck to both teams.

QUOTE(NedNatterjack @ Apr 27 2007 - 07:18 AM) 826446669[/snapback]Give me a break! How can SD talk so much about how great they are, and then post garbage like this! Informing everyone that you are down a couple of starters seems like you are already looking for an excuse to lose.

Man up, and beat Bearden while you are down a couple of starters. You have 13 seniors and a talented squad. Stop looking for an excuse and just win.

ned...don't be bitter because we beat you. the sole purpose of this thread was im sure to start conversation on tonight's game and inform people that yes...we are indeed down 2 starters and yes...it will make things harder b/c of lack of depth that a more soccer oriented school such as bearden or farragut could recover from. no one is making excuses, and we all know that we can most definitely win the game. again, no one is dwelling on the loss and we are not making any excuses. chill out

QUOTE(R.U.R. @ Apr 27 2007 - 12:30 PM) 826446956[/snapback]ned...don't be bitter because we beat you. the sole purpose of this thread was im sure to start conversation on tonight's game and inform people that yes...we are indeed down 2 starters and yes...it will make things harder b/c of lack of depth that a more soccer oriented school such as bearden or farragut could recover from. no one is making excuses, and we all know that we can most definitely win the game. again, no one is dwelling on the loss and we are not making any excuses. chill out

Again, my bad. Not being bitter at all...honestly. I really do hope you beat Bearden. I got heated because the tone sounded like SD already was on their heels. I truly do believe that SD has a great chance tonight.

R.U.R.-Honestly...beat them!

QUOTE(longdonsilver17 @ Apr 27 2007 - 10:55 AM) 826446855[/snapback]3-0 is a bit ridiculous but this will be a really good game. my guess is 0-0 or 1-0 bearden. SD's attack will be crippled but i played club with nathan ZIVI and hes a trick. he is quick but small and this is going to be a physical game hes an easy pushover. if SD doesnt let him fall in the box than he will be useless this game. they know who to mark now its just about who wants it more.

Zivi is not all of Beardens attack you know, they also have tom webster, aaron schoenfeld, and ryan campbell, all with ton of knowledge of the game through club.

6-0 final. absolutely rediculous. im not even gonna try and say that we would have won if we had our 2 starters...but i do know we wouldn't have gotten beat 6-0. our back came out flat and it showed terribly. bearden truly is an excellent finishing team. first half was fairly even, but like always, bearden made best of their opportunities, scoring twice w/honestly only 2 or 3 legitimate opportunities. SD only had a couple of chances first half w/shot off post and maybe one other chance. SD came out fairly strong first 10 min of 2nd half, getting several opportunities that just couldnt go through. and everytime SD failed to finish, bearden would put another through...slowly wearing on SD's confidence until the last 10 min. of game, where it got absolutely rediculous and embarassing. not sure if it was fatigue, or lack of confidence after going down early on. bearden was DEF. the better team tonight and SD only had a few players that actually worked and wanted to win it seems. yeah if a couple of shots went SD's way early on, they would have gotten some momentum and maybe gotten a dif outcome, but i dont think it would have mattered much. bearden was going to win tonight...and they did big. congrats to bearden for the win, hopefully we'll give you a better game if we meet again.