D- 5AA Tournament @ McMinn Central starts 05/02/07

CRUTCHFIELD

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CRUTCHFIELD @ Apr 27 2007 - 02:47 PM) 826447061[/snapback]It's tournament time in TENNESSEE!!!! Or should I say almost tournament time.

Well the standings are

1. Meigs

2. Polk

3. Central

4. Boyd

5. SweetH2O

6. Tyner

7. Sequoyah

8. Brainerd

9. Tellico

What are the predictions on the 2007 District 5-AA Results???? Lets talk!!

I"ll say Meigs wins the tourn., flip a coin between Polk and Central. But, you'd better watch out for Boyd, their lefty can cause problems. Good luck to everyone.

QUOTE(IBPoppin @ Apr 28 2007 - 12:21 AM) 826447279[/snapback]I'm not sure how things will turn out, but I can't wait to sink my teeth into one of those yummy steak sandwiches.

I would like to wish all the teams good luck,it's going to be a great tourny.

Get your ticket and bring a lawn chair. Maybe not the best district in the state but tournament will be exciting for fans to watch. Meigs has best one-two pitchers but suspect bats in bottom of order. Polk has best pitching available after one and two, relies on emotions to carry them. Chargers are in trouble after Shaw and Aderhold are done in the rotation. Boyd Buc is a long shot. My prediction Polk wins it! Chargers on the road for region game. See ya at the game. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(CRUTCHFIELD @ Apr 27 2007 - 02:47 PM) 826447061[/snapback]It's tournament time in TENNESSEE!!!! Or should I say almost tournament time.

Well the standings are

1. Meigs

2. Polk

3. Central

4. Boyd

5. SweetH2O

6. Tyner

7. Sequoyah

8. Brainerd

9. Tellico

What are the predictions on the 2007 District 5-AA Results???? Lets talk!!

Does anyone know who made all district and who the mvp was. If so please post. Thank you.

QUOTE(Old Warhorse @ Apr 28 2007 - 08:25 PM) 826447653[/snapback]Get your ticket and bring a lawn chair. Maybe not the best district in the state but tournament will be exciting for fans to watch. Meigs has best one-two pitchers but suspect bats in bottom of order. Polk has best pitching available after one and two, relies on emotions to carry them. Chargers are in trouble after Shaw and Aderhold are done in the rotation. Boyd Buc is a long shot. My prediction Polk wins it! Chargers on the road for region game. See ya at the game. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Stick with my predictions of months ago - Meigs wins, Central second. Games will be tight between the top three - low scoring and pitching dominating outcomes. Meigs has the best starters of the three. Central and Polk pretty even on the mound - starters and relief. Chargers could surprise Meigs. Central has the edge at the plate and in the field over both teams.

Alright, this topic isn't as hot as I would've thought it would've been, but probably because everyone has other games to think about. But after the finals last night i do believe that all of the Regular Season district games have been played.

here are some finals from yesterday (04-30-07)

Meigs 16 Tyner 0

Meigs 9 Tyner 2

Boyd 4 Brainerd 0

Boyd 8 Brainerd 2

Non District game

Central 2 Walker Valley 3

The top 4 spots have been clinched.

1. Meigs County Tigers 14-2 note BACK TO BACK REGULAR SEASON CHAMP

2. Polk County Wildcats 13-3

3. McMinn Central Chargers 13-3

4. Boyd Buchanan Bucs 10-6

5-9 I have no clue, and nothing against them but one of the top 3 will win it. Nobody else can compete day in day out with Meigs Polk or Central.

This should be great, Please reply.

One other note. I'm sure everyone would like to know the All-District Teams.

MVP- Tanner Davis (Polk County) {Roane State}

(CO)- Pitchers of the Year- Tyler Roberts (Meigs County) {Univ. of Memphis}, Josh Garland (Meigs County) {Roane State}, Britt Shaw (McMinn Central)

Coach of the Year- Clint Baker (Meigs County)

Team of the Year- MEIGS COUNTY TIGERS, District record 14-2

ALL-DISTRICT

1. Meigs County- Tyler Roberts, Howie Meadows, Josh Garland, Casey Metts, Brandon Watkins

2. Polk County- Brandon Bean, Tracey Beard, Ryan Qualls, Josh Rose, Tyler Davis

3. McMinn Central- Britt Shaw, Ethan Starr, Shane Moses, Seth Walker, Ty Garrett

4. Boyd Buchanan- Matt Gentry .................

5. Sweetwater-.......................

6. Tyner- Derryk Willingham...............

7. Sequoyah- Elden Moser..........

8. Brainerd- Cedric Henderson, Anthony Know..............

9. Tellico-......................

If you know anyone else that made the All District team please re post them.

QUOTE(Thebigcat @ Apr 30 2007 - 06:25 AM) 826448175[/snapback]what is tyners record? sequoyah and brainard play a make-up game tuesday. A sequoyah win puts them 7-9. I think they own tiebreaker with sweetwater and tyner.

This is true game time is 5pm. If SQSH wins they would also win tie tiebreakers aswell which would place them as 5th.

But as it has been said many times on this and other threads all year it will come down to

Meigs,Polk & Central. Play ball.

OFFICIAL D 5AA Final Standings after ALL GAMES: and Tournament Games........

1. Meigs Co.

2. Polk Co.

3. McMinn Central

4. Boyd Buchanon

5. Sweetwater

6. Sequoyah

7. Brainerd

8. Tyner

9. Tellico

Games:

Wednesday: Tellico at Tyner

Thursday: Brainerd at Sequoyah, Tellico/Tyner Winner at Sweetwater

Friday: Brainerd/Sequoyah Winner vs. McMinn Central, Tellico/Tyner/Sweetwater Winner vs. Boyd Buchanon

Sat: Winners vs. Meigs, Winners vs. Polk

QUOTE(CRUTCHFIELD @ May 1 2007 - 01:42 PM) 826449247[/snapback]One other note. I'm sure everyone would like to know the All-District Teams.

MVP- Tanner Davis (Polk County) {Roane State}

(CO)- Pitchers of the Year- Tyler Roberts (Meigs County) {Univ. of Memphis}, Josh Garland (Meigs County) {Roane State}, Britt Shaw (McMinn Central)

Coach of the Year- Clint Baker (Meigs County)

Team of the Year- MEIGS COUNTY TIGERS, District record 14-2

ALL-DISTRICT

1. Meigs County- Tyler Roberts, Howie Meadows, Josh Garland, Casey Metts, Brandon Watkins

2. Polk County- Brandon Bean, Tracey Beard, Ryan Qualls, Josh Rose, Tyler Davis

3. McMinn Central- Britt Shaw, Ethan Starr, Shane Moses, Seth Walker, Ty Garrett

4. Boyd Buchanan- Matt Gentry .................

5. Sweetwater-.......................

6. Tyner- Derryk Willingham...............

7. Sequoyah- Elden Moser..........

8. Brainerd- Cedric Henderson, Anthony Know..............

9. Tellico-......................

If you know anyone else that made the All District team please re post them.

I guess some of the District Coach's don't consider fielding percentages in their voting. What a shame!! When are coach's and players going to realize it does not matter what exaggerated offensive numbers you have, defense is what sets players apart.