Knox Webb @ Bearden

brick25

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Lion101 @ May 1 2007 - 11:44 AM) 826449187[/snapback]If you don't play them, you don't own them. You haven't played Farragut so what ever....you can't claim any titile, .. Farragut beat Webb in the Jamboree, but it was preseason and I give that up to practice. Be sure to tell the coach at Webb you said Farragut was afraid to play you becasue I will tell our coach and I know him you can expect a game next year. I really am insulted you say scared , have you looked at our schedule? We dodge noone and I will be there to watch us play next year and and you just lost a fan......Go Bearden!

I guess there was plenty of room for Walker Valley and Bradley Central in the out of district schedule...

Ayres had the goal from Webb toward the end of the first. The game was pretty evenly played in the first with good chances for both. In the second however Bearden had much better chances and won possession. Webb couldn't seem to get used to how fast and hard the field was. They weren't really ever comfortable and were not at the top of their game. The grass was short and the ball bounced a lot. Radcliffe's goal was an absolute rocket, I don't think the ball was ever above the keeper's head. It may have been a bit lucky but was a great shot nonetheless Overall it was a great and exciting game, the refs were pretty fair and both teams played hard.

QUOTE(shims4 @ May 1 2007 - 09:38 PM) 826449479[/snapback]Ayres had the goal from Webb toward the end of the first. The game was pretty evenly played in the first with good chances for both. In the second however Bearden had much better chances and won possession. Webb couldn't seem to get used to how fast and hard the field was. They weren't really ever comfortable and were not at the top of their game. The grass was short and the ball bounced a lot. Radcliffe's goal was an absolute rocket, I don't think the ball was ever above the keeper's head. It may have been a bit lucky but was a great shot nonetheless Overall it was a great and exciting game, the refs were pretty fair and both teams played hard.

I agree with most of that but there is one thing that jumped out at me in your post. "The game was pretty evenly played in the first with good chances for both" I believe that Webb completely tore apart Beardens D in the first half. For those of you that were there you now know how to beat Beardens back line. But...for some reason Webb came out a little soft in the second half and lost all the momentum. Once again Bearden came back to win and played excellent in the second half and finished their chances.

One other thing- some of you out their said that Bearden had an "un-fair" advantage with their field playing perfect into their scheme of Walker just booting it down and scoring, I think Walker might have had one or two punts that made it to half field in the air. But yet...Bearden still beat a quality Webb team.

oh yeah, one more thing...i was observing from the sidelines after the game and when a kid from webb rotated a speaker just slightly to allow the webb coach to be heard in the huddle, the bearden coach went nuts. i was impressed with the tremendous amount of "class" he showed by not even showing his opponent the common courtesy of having a conversation after the game. he set a real great example for his kids there..."coach"